Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why can't we have Valor like we had in Mist and Wod

Being tied to all of your endgame gear instead of locking it behind Mythic + , this makes the valor system convoluted or better yet like we in had in Wrath the actually add a vender with gear locked to it. I mean Blizzard just creates this systems just to waste our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Being tied to all of your endgame gear instead of locking it behind Mythic + , this makes the valor system convoluted or better yet like we in had in Wrath the actually add a vender with gear locked to it. I mean Blizzard just creates this systems just to waste our time.
    because valor vendor gear was bad for most players and it gave lowest hanging fruit players gear for nothing.

just get good

Completely agree, M+ is a flawed system that forces people to do dungeons they don't want to do with random keys and affixes that are absolute cancer depending on class makeup of your group

Bring back challenging heroics with badges!
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    Completely agree, M+ is a flawed system that forces people to do dungeons they don't want to do with random keys and affixes that are absolute cancer depending on class makeup of your group

m+ is challenging ''heroics'', the old valor system was simply flawed,no matter how challenging you make those heroics eventualy they become to easy,and like wrath you give insane gear or huge upgrades to people wile they do nothing bascialy

Because then the game would turn into a currency grind with a shopping list.

challenging heroics with badges!
    Uhh...no. Heroic dungeons are fine the way they are. Overall the difficulty spectrum is great because people searching for different kinds of difficulty are catered to.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Spotted the guy who sucks at M+.

Valor gear upgrades didn't work before because people complained gear wasn't useful until you upgraded it. It was especially problematic in Mists when you had to reforge ("why can't all gear of all stats be useful - why does gear have to be reforged in order to be useful?" "the reforging is automated by an addon, what's the point?"). On top of enchanting and gemming gear there were a lot of steps before anything that dropped could actually ever be usable. There were too many steps to making gear just usable when it immediately dropped. This is why the valor upgrade model was removed and why it didn't work before. People also didn't like so many of your gear choices being tied to the vendor, reducing the amount of gear that dropped in raids being good - as you had valor slots occupied and better, therefore resulting in "dead slots" and "dead gear" whenever something in those occupied slots would drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly miss the times with gear on the vendor and badges/Valor/etc because then you knew that your time spent would eventually be rewarded.

I would rather do difficult dungeons without a time limit(which is the nr 1 reason I dislike M+, it stresses me out) and slowly build up a currency than suffer through M+.

It wouldn't be hard to implement either.
    Just make M+ and raids (normal/heroic/mythic) reward more currency than f.ex. heroic dungeons, just like how PvP currencies work now.

But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I honestly miss the times with gear on the vendor and badges/Valor/etc because then you knew that your time spent would eventually be rewarded.

I would rather do difficult dungeons without a time limit(which is the nr 1 reason I dislike M+, it stresses me out) and slowly build up a currency than suffer through M+.

Just make M+ and raids (normal/heroic/mythic) reward more currency than f.ex. heroic dungeons, just like how PvP currencies work now.

And how would you avoid players burning themselves out by grinding 24/7 to get their shopping list completed then promptly quitting the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And how would you avoid players burning themselves out by grinding 24/7 to get their shopping list completed then promptly quitting the game?
    Well not all gear will be on the vendor, you know just like how it was in TBC(badge gear), Wotlk(some tier parts)and MoP(some tier parts).
    Like only have some parts of a tier set on the vendor, like gloves or boots, rest are obtainable in the actual raid. It's a nice carrot to complete the set.

Worked before so why not again?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because then the game would turn into a currency grind with a shopping list..
    Hahahahah, but thats exactly what it is now....

Well not all gear will be on the vendor, you know just like how it was in TBC(badge gear), Wotlk(some tier parts)and MoP(some tier parts).
    Like only have some parts of a tier set on the vendor, like gloves or boots, rest are obtainable in the actual raid. It's a nice carrot to complete the set.

Worked before so why not again?
    It worked at a point in time where M+ didn't exist as an alternative to raiding. A vendor with "off set" gear would still devalue gear in general (and would definitely make gear from M+ feel even worse than it does already) which is exactly why Blizzard doesn't like this idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Hahahahah, but thats exactly what it is now....
    Brother, gear is still random. You can't upgrade an item you don't have.

This is more lucrative.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    we never had Valor points in WoD

oops, I was wrong lol
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-03-09 at 02:42 AM.

You're getting more gear with great vault than you typically did with a valor vendor. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we never had Valor points in WoD
    They were brought back at the end of WOD.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.2.3
    Last edited by grandgato; 2021-03-09 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You're getting more gear with great vault than you typically did with a valor vendor. Just stop.
    Don’t know about you but for some reason fingers/trinkets are only things that drop from the vault for me. I maxed them out long ago so the vault is not upgrading me at all each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Don’t know about you but for some reason fingers/trinkets are only things that drop from the vault for me. I maxed them out long ago so the vault is not upgrading me at all each week.
    That's nice. Unlike when there was a valor vendor you can also upgrade up to heroic raid level gear from 5 player content as well. A valor vendor isn't needed nor warranted.

to waste our time.
    That's the name of the game

cause people feel entitled to deny others whom they don't deem worthy access to gear on a comparable level to themselves, regardless of if it impacts their gameplay/fun in any way, shape or form.