Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    cause people feel entitled to deny others whom they don't deem worthy access to gear on a comparable level to themselves, regardless of if it impacts their gameplay/fun in any way, shape or form.
    Or some people just want a somewhat logical difficulty to reward ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Don’t know about you but for some reason fingers/trinkets are only things that drop from the vault for me. I maxed them out long ago so the vault is not upgrading me at all each week.
    From all nine spots? wow that is unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Being tied to all of your endgame gear instead of locking it behind Mythic + , this makes the valor system convoluted or better yet like we in had in Wrath the actually add a vender with gear locked to it. I mean Blizzard just creates this systems just to waste our time.
    because its not wrath or wod. simple answer. system is to let you upgrade already lower level drops from m+. thats all its for.

as for vendors, good luck - they arent going to add gear vendors for pve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Hahahahah, but thats exactly what it is now....
    hahaha not for everyone...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    That's the name of the game
    thats what the playerbase is for, to waste everyones time.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Or some people just want a somewhat logical difficulty to reward ratio.
    i'd love for M+ to scale infinitely with it's rewards but we're not getting that either. yet there's still people pushing keys beyond 15... whats the logical reward there?
    if casual players can buy a piece of 220 i-lvl valor gear after 3 weeks of just doing daily quests and/or a couple of low level keystones that's not going to effect me. or anyone for that matter.

the "elitists" will still have their IO score. they'll still have their cutting edge. they can still flaunt their keystone master mount and they can still keep sitting on that giant stick that's in their ass. it's not going to effect them.

we're not getting a logical reward system. what we have now isn't a logical reward system. it's an experiment to see how much shit we're willing to put up with before the experiment (cause it can hardly be called a game these days) is no longer viable/profitable.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    They were brought back at the end of WOD.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.2.3
    oh I totally forgot about that

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's intended to be catch-up gear but yea, they're pushing players to the ratrace hamsterwheel that is m+, it reeks of user-retention- and MAU-shenanigans like the random keys and affix-rotations.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's intended to be catch-up gear but yea, they're pushing players to the ratrace hamsterwheel that is m+, it reeks of user-retention- and MAU-shenanigans like the random keys and affix-rotations.
    Next patch wont be here til mid summer so they are hoping it slows down the sharp decent of subs..

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You're getting more gear with great vault than you typically did with a valor vendor. Just stop.

And that's what's wrong.
    Having more RNG items is NOT better than having LESS items, with LESS grind time and FULL control of which items you're aiming for!

Being tied to all of your endgame gear instead of locking it behind Mythic + , this makes the valor system convoluted or better yet like we in had in Wrath the actually add a vender with gear locked to it. I mean Blizzard just creates this systems just to waste our time.
    ask the same myself since 7 years ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    you forgot 2 things, they intersperse to stretch da shitz:

1)
    time classic patches exactly into their retail content wholes.

2)
    cheap shit .5 patches to „improve“ their „systems“.

and the hamsters are running... and running... and..... ofc running!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-09 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    And that's what's wrong.
    Having more RNG items is NOT better than having LESS items, with LESS grind time and FULL control of which items you're aiming for!
    Blizzard, to you, specifically:

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    And that's what's wrong.
    You left out the part of how not only were valor (or emblem of frost) less in quantity of slots, but their value was also always behind a difficulty level. It would be like buying a few 213 slots now instead of a consistent source of gear up through 226.

And you would call it a win because you get to pick your 213 off a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

1)
    time classic patches exactly into their retail content wholes.

2)
    cheap shit .5 patches to „improve“ their „systems“.

Another tinfoil hat wearer alert.................

1) Isn't that rational? So that the playerbase that enjoys both would feel less pressured to keep up in both worlds and can plan their time different? Imagine both retail and classic releasing content patches at the same, then people would have to choose. And that choice would affect other people in their guild. You wouldn't want to lose you guild's MT (or half the raid) on new progress, because Classic also released a raid at the same time. This way people can switch between the versions at a time where most grind has been finished.

2) they do need to balance and change stuff. Not every patch has to include major content, that's a fallacy that the community created. And don't be naive saying that they should release everything balanced in the first place. With this many systems, variations and types of content no amount of internal or beta testing can predict how everything will behave.

@ OP: You're confusing the goal of this current system. Its not here to give everyone ilvl increase. It was added because there are lots of people who don't raid and just do m+, so naturally for them at some point the only upgrades would come from a great vault, because, let's be fair, when you get 207 and 210 rewards from content that the community requires you to have 215+ is kinda BS. The low ilvl reward from m+ policy is pretty understandable, but there still needs to be some sort of natural progression apart from that 1 items per week that might end up being useless. VP upgrades fit perfectly for this system, giving 'only m+' players something to work towards. It will also release some stress from having to wait for a good item to drop by allowing you to upgrade a good item that you have right now to a higher ilvl.

@ the posters who want high ilvl gear vendors - ilvl rewards directly represent the difficulty of the content that the player is doing. Wearing those items rewards them for their accomplishments. So no, I don't want someone that does hc dungeons and normal raid to wear mythic quality gear, since it completely devalues the power that gear gives. And its wrong to assume that it doesn't affect others, it does. When we make a group for a keystone, we see the ilvl and it is a decent indicator of what type of content the person did. I can look at rio, and I will, but before I do that, but ilvl is the first layer of the filter and it will always be. We have enough scrubs with high ilvl and rio, we don't want them to completely flood the LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    I guess you are playing the wrong game genre when you expect there to be no hamster wheels in an mmo. But really though, what would you do ingame when mythic dungeons stopped at m0 so once you get ilvl 184 out of them dungeons become irrelevant.

What activity do you do week for week and month for month in wow that is not a hamster wheel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because then the game would turn into a currency grind with a shopping list.

Uhh...no. Heroic dungeons are fine the way they are. Overall the difficulty spectrum is great because people searching for different kinds of difficulty are catered to.
    Yay. Thats WOTLK 100% gear system isnt it ? isnt WOTLK voted best expansion so far ?

Because you are not the target audience.
    You should farm anima
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-03-09 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    because valor vendor gear was bad for most players and it gave lowest hanging fruit players gear for nothing.

just get good
    instead this we reached expansion where 50%+ of playerbase unsubs after first 2 months.

and this iteration of VP will only make more people unsub .

the only hope this game has is that when 80% of players unsub before 9.1 Ion will finally loose his job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You're getting more gear with great vault than you typically did with a valor vendor. Just stop.
    Well I would personally like it a bit more if I knew what I was aiming towards. The vault is nice but it is still RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    @ OP: You're confusing the goal of this current system. Its not here to give everyone ilvl increase. It was added because there are lots of people who don't raid and just do m+, so naturally for them at some point the only upgrades would come from a great vault, because, let's be fair, when you get 207 and 210 rewards from content that the community requires you to have 215+ is kinda BS. The low ilvl reward from m+ policy is pretty understandable, but there still needs to be some sort of natural progression apart from that 1 items per week that might end up being useless. VP upgrades fit perfectly for this system, giving 'only m+' players something to work towards. It will also release some stress from having to wait for a good item to drop by allowing you to upgrade a good item that you have right now to a higher ilvl.
    then who is this system for ? because certainly not for average player.

even after implementation it will be much more benefitial to just run 1-4 x 10+ a week and collect GV.

because realisticaly by the time people unlock VP brackets the itlv upgrades from that bracket will be usless for them

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    m+ is challenging ''heroics'', the old valor system was simply flawed,no matter how challenging you make those heroics eventualy they become to easy,and like wrath you give insane gear or huge upgrades to people wile they do nothing bascialy
    You drip feed them one piece of gear every two weeks. And these people most certainly do something. They play the game, likely for much longer than a raid logger. Any person who does challenging content would still get gear at a much faster pace than someone who simply gets it through a Wrath or MoP-style Valor system.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    instead this we reached expansion where 50%+ of playerbase unsubs after first 2 months.

and this iteration of VP will only make more people unsub .

the only hope this game has is that when 80% of players unsub before 9.1 Ion will finally loose his job.
    So people will usub over VP but what if they didnt add VP? Prople unsub again? Give me what you are drinking.

Also player ratention is higher at this point than previous expansions.