Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Disagree, removing arenateams already made it extrem hard to find mates these days. Its all starting with X-realm + no arenateams. Before that i played with the same guys over and over again. Today you play with people, are offline for 1-2 days and got removed from their friendlist or they playing with other people. X-realm + no arenateams destroyed groupplay.
    Anecdotal evidence, more options are exactly that, more options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4elstr0m View Post
    It's nice to see people replying without knowing what they are talking about.
    Problem about soloq? Literally 0.
    Explanation:
    I queue for soloq arena/rbg/whatever, get the party ready, play vs other soloq people, equal field for everyone (no, there's no problem with comps, are you lucky to be paired with rogue+mage and you are disc priest? Fine, next time you could be paired with feral druid+havoc dh). Don't want to play non fotm/random comps? Don't play soloq.

Of course soloq would be another bracket, independent to 2v2/3v3/rbg

What's the downside? I don't really get it.

You queue up, play, like in other games where soloq is up and running.
    have the que based on one's rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    On the other side, i don't think SoloQ is needed for arenas, small teams are easy to organize and matches are short. *shrug*
    I agree, but who would it hurt? Either people like it and it's popular, or people don't and it dies off. I'm all about separating premades from pugs in pvp, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

People saying that SoloQ "just won't work" are as dumb as Todd Howard saying "it just works". When I was pushing 1800 in RBGs, as a leader it took me at least an HOUR to put a group together. Sometimes TWO hours. TWO HOURS of sitting in LFG to play RBGs for 30 minutes. NOT. ACCEPTABLE.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2021-03-03 at 09:09 PM.

First post after about 8 years of lurking woohoo \o/
    This one is important to me.

Yes i will play the crap out of basically any queued rating based PVP endgame content. After my old guild disbanded the only remotely great endgame content system for me has been grinding PVE raider.io Mythic+ rating which is an archaic rating based matchmaking at best. This game is so insanely polished, shame it lacks accessability for the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People saying that SoloQ "just won't work" are as dumb as Todd Howard saying "it just works". When I was pushing 1800 in RBGs, as a leader it took me at least an HOUR to put a group together. Sometimes TWO hours. TWO HOURS of sitting in LFG to play RBGs for 30 minutes. NOT. ACCEPTABLE.
    This is one of the main reasons we need SoloQ. I know some people don't have anything else but WOW in their lives... but not everyone has time to sit for 2hours in LFG to barely play the freakin game. And if at least during this time you could do some skirmish or random BGs or any group content... no. You have to just sit and search for people. How fun...

revamp skrims to fit this purpose, have a daily/weekly for conquest points at a decent rate and a hidden match making.

if people want to add a solo que option into rated, it will cause more problems then it solves, between comps and other balancing issues it would be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    SoloQ in RBGs is fine, comp matters less and nobody takes them seriously anyway.

Blizzard doesn't really need to develop new PvP content, they just need to balance and change things to make the game better. Nothing needs to be added, just tweaked. Fix the broken class/spec design, make PvP scale your ilvl, and actually ban boosters so low rated players aren't stomped by gladiators selling boosts, and the game is instantly more accessible and fun to play for everyone.
    I mean it would be fresh and tasty to see some new pvp systems and game modes, not the brawls, which are just variations of existing bg and arena maps with some additional rules.

Something new and addictive like arena back in TBC when it was new, or vanillas bgs.

But it seems there is no creative process going on anymore at Blizz HQ, not really suprised as they lost too many senior developers, those created pvp games like warcraft and starcraft, you know?

A new game director took over in legion, who wasn't developing previous pvp blizzard games but designed raids and dungeons and "suddenly" the development of pvp just ended.

Dunno why this should be acceptable by any means, that pvp in wow does not develop and at the same time is inaccesible for most players playing wow.

SoloQ is a first step to fix whats not right with the game, so people can at least just play, whenever they want ignoring meta comps.

6v6 RBGs sounds stupid AF o.O

I actually miss 15v15 rbgs

If 5vs5 arenas didnt' work why would 6vs6 rbg's with bloated map size work?

Solo queue can not and will not work unless Blizzard revamps/ re-designs the majority of the classes/specs (especially with regard to Pvp Talents). For solo queue to be successful, let alone effective, there needs to be a greater # of viable comps and the existing DR system would need a major overhaul as well. Otherwise, there will be pairings where the DRs kick in right away and a lot of legitimate complaints about pairings with under-tuned specs (Survival, Outlaw, Demo, MW...to mention a few). Attaching ratings to gear needs to go as well in order to create a greater sense of gear parity with random groups. I think a 2.2K rated player with a 220 I-lvl will be pretty darn pissed being paired with 198 MW and 203 Survival Hunter. The entire MMR system needs to be reworked and Blizzard may be forced to show greater transparency on how the system actually matches and works. And then what do you do with the players who already queue in teams of 2 or 3? Do coordinated groups compete against random riff raffs? Solo is a good idea, but there are a lot of other variables that need to be fixed and/or addressed before a new system is implemented. Cause if they don't address the aforementioned issues/ concerns with viable options and plans, the whole thing can end up 10x's worse.

6vs6 is a much better approach for solo queue. Weaker players as far as skill, Xp and/or gear can be hidden and diluted a lot better in a larger group. And, I do strongly believe an objective based Pvp style will command a lot greater audience as spectators as well as paricipators. Arena has been around for 15 years and it still hasn't caught on in the mainstream gamer world, let alone the WOW community. Something new in pvp is long overdue, something a lot more relatable to a larger number of fans and players.

ya it's mind boggling that they haven't implemented it yet.

i would like a soloq.

just a little story: my mate is a 2,7k exp windwalker who is currently at 2,4k. This weekend he sat 16 hours in lfg and tried to find mates who are his level. there were alot of boosts and alot of ppl from back in the day who have exp from legion or something and are just not at his skill lvl. so he searches for an eternity whitout finding a good mate.

if you have soloq and just go by current rating you will no longer have to search and maybe can play a game with a little queue time, so i guess it will be very good!!

would give me a reason to come back. i quitted because of this one shot meta and because we weren't able to find a good mate for weeks and had too much one loss leavers and shit heads.

also back in bfa i often played without voice in 3s or 2s because my game knowledge was high enough and when i only match with ppl at my current rating this will work again.

100% for solo q as another option to q. 2s and 3s should stay there.

- - - Updated - - -

a 2,2k player would never match with a 198mw lol, you dont get the point of mmr or cr? a 198mw will most likely never play at 2,2k (maybe only if its drainer) so if you have some rating on your char you will be safe because the shit geared ppl or specs wont reach 1900+

if you are at 2,2k you have a high chance getting mages, boomies, rets in your team - because at this rating there are more meta classes.

soloq is only for ppl that soloq. so 3 soloq players would not fight against premade 3v3.

- - - Updated - - -

soloq is on another tab. so if you q for soloq you only match against other solo quers. should be clear...

Wouldn't mind trying it out for sure If it was it's own bracket then should be harmless for those that don't want to solo queue and it might bring more players into the PvP scene.

Play Skirms the first day of the 10 skirm weekly and you'll find out yourself why solo queue makes literally 0 sense.

Maybe you should just stop expecting to get instant invites to shit when you aren't running as a healer in LFG. People don't want to play with people that are 100cr below them in arena, why would they want to risk entering a random queue and playing some warr/warr/priest nonsense with 2 terrible warriors who can't break 1600 and blow all their rage into condemn.

It would obviously be better to HAVE Solo Q than to NOT HAVE it for so many players. A lot of people just want to PLAY THE GAME instead of sitting in LFG for hours which is so archaic in this gaming age. That alone is an un-refutable reason to have it, period.

The problem is how it is implemented. The two biggest problems I see people having are:

1) Queues would still be kinda long because of lack of healers. Especially at high ratings.

ANSWER: This is why I think it should be limited to only 2's queues. Gripe about that all you want, but it's better than just not having any Solo Q. Double DPS matchups are the only way people are going to get queues in a reasonable time. Healers of course can queue too but at least the system wouldn't be bogged down by waiting for a healer. Yes healers would possibly have an easier time climbing, but maybe more people would play healers JUST TO PLAY which is the whole problem with the current system in the first place, and that would be a very good thing for more people to play healers. 3's and 2's queues are for teams that want to push with the same person, Solo Q is for people who have limited time or mental energy to deal with LFG and just want to play.

2) Some classes are dependent upon others to be successful in arena.

ANSWER: First of all, nobody who is queuing solo q as a class that is dependent upon its comp for success (let's say rogue and warrior) is going to complain about getting to play. They are solo queuing because they don't want to sit in LFG and if they feel like they aren't good enough to carry games as their class they will re-roll or gasp play a healer. Secondly, if that doesn't satiate the neckbeards, you could have spec based ratings to make them feel better about the class they play in a rated environment. Or they could sit in LFG. I would gladly play with a demo lock at my rating if it just meant I could fucking play, lose if I can't carry, and then on to the next one. Everyone has a chance to get a bad comp. It's up to your skill to make it work.

There are so many more benefits to having solo q than not having it at this point. Which I won't list because I'm tired but maybe later if you care. But this is my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    Play Skirms the first day of the 10 skirm weekly and you'll find out yourself why solo queue makes literally 0 sense.

Maybe you should just stop expecting to get instant invites to shit when you aren't running as a healer in LFG. People don't want to play with people that are 100cr below them in arena, why would they want to risk entering a random queue and playing some warr/warr/priest nonsense with 2 terrible warriors who can't break 1600 and blow all their rage into condemn.
    You don't get it do you? Better players move up. Worse move down. Better geared players move up, bad geared move down. Higher you climb, better players you encounter more gear you need. Rewards are for top ranked CLASSES not players. You are matched against a similar ratio player. How on earth is this the same as skirmish, or even similar? In skirmish you are matched to random people, with random gear, skill... In SoloQ you are matched against similarly skilled/gear players. Just like in LOL, Dota, CSGO, Overwatch...

----------
    And about 6v6 not working. Its already in the game, as a brawl. Deep Six Brawl... And guess what? It works. Its much more tactical gameplay. Individual skill matters more.Just like in LOL, Dota, Smite... But I guess some people never played it and just want to be against it. Also, DONT compare 5v5 arena to a 6v6 RBG... This is like comparing skirmish to soloq.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-03-09 at 08:03 AM.

If you guys ever played CSGO or some other competitive game with solo queue you'd know that it tends favor super simple setups way more because you just can't drop into a game and start playing like an actual team when you don't know the other people. So it would basically be melee cleaves and rot cleaves.

Works great for people like Savix who plays ret...

I'm not for or against SoloQ. But just know that it would be a shitfest and I don't think Blizzard wants that.
    Last edited by Thes; 2021-03-09 at 08:44 AM.

And what do we have now? Couple of comps that are OP and dominate the ladder(top ranks and bottom as boosters) and classes that don't even have a chance to compete or even play... So what is better, playing against similar rated/skilled/geared people or hoping that blizzard fixes something?

And we are waiting for this more than a decade now and still they have no clue. They bring honor gear, remove it, resillence, remove it, they bring scalable gear, remove it, they bring PVP power scaling or what we had in legion, remove it, everything the try to fix arena and RBG problems doesn't fix it.

About the shitfest, we have it since the day end of BC and LK was released and casual players flooded the game. It can't get much worse... I would rather have casuals playing SoloQ arena and 6v6 RBGs than sitting in the LFG for hours.

edit: Regarding lack of healers and longer queues. Blizzard already solved this problem... Priority pass from Overwatch and Rewards from WoW Dungeon finder.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-03-09 at 10:02 AM.

I would love this but Blizzard is too lazy to care about it.