Thread: Is 9.1 small??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    You legitimately think that 9.1 is going to be delayed until the fall, with literally no evidence to back it up other than "Well I think it will". 9.1 is hitting the PTR this month, and even if it were somehow to have a three month testing period, it would still be out by June at the latest.
    And I assume you have evidence to back it up, do you? Two weeks ago we barely had pictures if you recall. Also I don't see why you are throwing a tantrum. I literally said it is my bet. Do you know what a bet is, chump? Cause I sure as hell didn't say it absolutely can't come sooner. So either you have serious reading comprehension, or there really is a troll between the two of us and it isn't wearing my pants.

No, 9.1 is well-endowed.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    6.1 didn't have that much content. No world boss, garrison invasions were already in the game.
    6.1 had *zero* content. It was not a content patch, it was a bug fix and QOL patch. Ion said if it had been up to him he would've called it 6.0.5. WOD only had 1 content patch, that being 6.2.

I think OP misheard people say 9.1 is small instead of 9.0.5. But this is just basically the hotfix patch before 9.1 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Wasn't 6.1 the selfie patch? Or was that 6.2? I'll be honest, I blocked out most of WoD.
    Selfies and Twitter integration... 6.1 was the WORST. PATCH. EVER. in the history of WoW.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    6.1 had *zero* content. It was not a content patch, it was a bug fix and QOL patch. Ion said if it had been up to him he would've called it 6.0.5. WOD only had 1 content patch, that being 6.2.
    Yeah it was a terrible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Selfies and Twitter integration... 6.1 was the WORST. PATCH. EVER. in the history of WoW.
    It rivals the 2.2 voice chat patch in TBC.

Isnt this completely contingent on time between major content patches? I mean, if 9.1 came out in March or thereabouts, youd expect: A new raid; Covenant/class/spec/lego rebalancing, some new progression in the story (if only to make the raid make sense), some updates to the maw and torghast... and thats about it?

But it's not coming out in March... its likely not coming in April either. May? okay... but late may/june? Well, then thats a good 6 months. And aside the mega dungeon, the scope feels a little... concerning? I mean, now we're all going to a hub for 1 single storyline instead of 4 covenant stories (downgrade), the updates to the maw are pretty much tied into that so really its either two birds one stone, or just a straight up downgrade. Torghast looks to be more of the same (a new wing - whoopee!), and some new anima powers (way below what i hoped for unless that new wing is bizarro wow where they finally start experimenting with it as a system). The conduits get EPICSIZED! No idea what that is, im assuming we all get one or two lego conduits or something from drops - could be interesting depending on how they design the procuring of them? Biut im assuming its gonna be targetable like lego patterns themselves. Or maybe they're the new resource dump for soulash... 'Lord, give me strength!'

So it's all a bit... nebulous and uninspiring. They never really sold any of these new systems (because they seem incredibly early in development so blizz likely dont know what they are, or just dont want to risk overselling and ending up pulling back - see torghast).

Objectively, its not a small patch (if it delivers). But neither is it particularly grand. Worse, if it really does come out late May+ then realistically we are looking at a decent wait for 9.2, and since thats usually the big 'content drop', it could even mean November/December. And if that is the case...

Well, they usually start testing the new xp around a year and a half in... so 9.3 +9.4? Where are they fitting in? Its looking like 9.3 might be the catch up/blowout patch since i dont think they're going to fit in another patch on top of that. One main content patch every 6 months? A new expansion every 2 years? I mean, if you're going to get a benchmark to hit, those would be the obvious numbers? (2 content drops/year: Year 1: XP launch (content dump) and x.1 (prog patch); Year 2: x.2 (content dump)and x.3 (blowout free for all patch)). And you cant help but feel they are scaling back... so it does seem like it could be going on?

Those expansions Release to X.1 Patch was 2-4 Months. As its going right now, SL Launch to X.1 will be around 8-9months. To put it into perspective BFA Launch to 8.2 was 10Months..

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

9.1 looks incredibly big, by recent expansion standards, and it actually looks bigger than Legions .1, which was also a chunky update. Warlords .1 basically didn't exist, and BFAs .1 patch is a lot smaller by comparison (they did add another raid half way through BFAs .1 patch though.
    are you really comparing this to legion KEKW
    Legion Release August 30, 2016
    7.1 Release date October 25, 2016

Shadowlands Release November 23/24, 2020
    9.1 Release LULW

damn if ppl are questioning if 9.1 is small i feel ashamed being 6.25

Disclaimer: do not add any value judgment to my posts. I'm not saying it's bad because it's small. In fact it's quite the opposite. I'm saying it being a small patch doesn't mean much, because small patches aren't that small. They're only relatively small.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    But that is how it usually works. X.1 is small, x.2 is big or the biggest, x.3 small or big depending on if there is a x.4 and x.4 is big.

Compared to x.1 patches it is pretty big(asumming we get the 2 usual "big" patches).
    Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It does have a big raid, and a new big zone?

And a large mega dungeon?

And we haven’t heard yet on systems, but they did say for sure Torghest will be updated.

It’s more in line with an x.2 patch than a x.1 patch based on their recent history.
    Can't say how big the raid is, but it doesn't have a new zone (Korthia is just a subzone in the Maw). Megadungeons I'm not sure qualify. We've had dungeons in the "small" patches before.

And they specifically said no big system changes. Torghast is not a system in that regard. I'm talking something like soulbinds or covenants.
    Last edited by Kalontas; 2021-03-09 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    People are upset because this is the most phoned in, by the numbers patch. No new systems, nothing interesting or standout. There's no Mage Tower, no Visions, nothing like that.
    - Neither Mage Tower nor Visions have been in the .1 patch.
    - Torghast will get new levels and it is the Vision-type thing of this expansion
    - People get allergic reactions when the word "systems" is mentioned, so they wisely did not add some kind of Essence system. If you wanted it, blame the community for hating on it

Just a new raid (expected), new dungeon (expected, and also won't be available for m+ so will be ignored by most once they do it), and a new "zone", which looks like it's not going to be a full-on Nazj / Mechagon, but rather just an expansion of the maw, so more like a subzone.
    This is quite enough already for just a first patch. There will also be a new M+ Affix. That and the Raid are the endgame content that the playerbase needs and wants. Additionally we will continue the Covenant stories.

Add on that:

1. Everybody hates the Maw and now we're going to be spending even MORE time there
    2. Hey, did I mention the Maw? Because the raid is re-using Torghast assets, so hope you enjoy that aesthetic.
    Speak for yourself. I don't mind it. But also the Maw then will be different. We will all be able to mount and the Eye of the Jailer will be disabled (since we kill it) so it will be a zone like any other.

3. Raid sets are just the legendary sets since 9.0, not new, not all that interesting, not class tier sets we were told to expected
    Legendary sets are quite awesome, I wanted to use them as Transmog ever since the start of SLs. And additonally we get the new Covenant sets.

So basically, if you don't enjoy the game now, 9.1 doesn't seem to be adding all that much for people who don't raid / do m+.
    But what else is new? Those people are already treated like 2nd-class citizens in this game.
    Of course, 9.1. is not gonna fundamentally remake the game, I don't think anyone in their right mind expects that. And the people who neither Raid nor M+ make the choice of not participating in the games core content. Blizzard can't constantly cater to these solo-players or super-casuals or what not, just because they feel they deserve it. It's like going on a playground seeing everyone having fun with the swings and sitting down to pout and demand a seasaw.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean I assume august and November are obvious troll answers just like the wowisdead guy saying “muh flying!!! I’m gonna quit until the patch after the grind comes out to do the grind”
    Another dude banned because he was calling out the obvious t's on this site.

Are the mods ever gonna learn? Nope.

Call them Dolly for a reason

Anyway 9.1 does look big when you write down the stuff they are adding but the real question is what will it amount to?

A new zone? Great. What can/will we do there? The last thing we want is a copy paste of mechagon. Thats some of the worst content they have ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And I assume you have evidence to back it up, do you? Two weeks ago we barely had pictures if you recall. Also I don't see why you are throwing a tantrum. I literally said it is my bet. Do you know what a bet is, chump? Cause I sure as hell didn't say it absolutely can't come sooner. So either you have serious reading comprehension, or there really is a troll between the two of us and it isn't wearing my pants.
    They said it would be in the PTR soon after 9.0.5 goes live. So saying it will go live the latest in the first week of April is not reaching, it's going by what Blizzard said. Same with expecting it to go live within 8-12 weeks of being in the PTR. All of this places its release date in June. And then you have people stretching it and saying we don't even know that it will be in 2021? Who exactly is the one who has no evidence here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    - Torghast will get new levels and it is the Vision-type thing of this expansion
    But will people have a reason to run Torghast? I mean if it is just run TC ONCE to get the new reward from them and then do two runs a week if you still have legendaries you are going to upgrade, does that make it like Visions?

Visions had far worse gameplay than Torghast and imo TC layer 18 is far harder than 5 Mask Visions. Yet your first run of 5 Mask Visions a week dropped pretty damn good gear. TC drops nothing. They couldn't even be bothered to add achievements to complete runs during the Torghast events. And gameplay in Torghast is repetitive as hell because most specs only really have one or two competitive anima paths so it is not at all different every time you run it like a Rogue-like is.

Torghast needs better rewards.

Yes, it is too small. Not because x.1 patches are usually large, they aren't, but this time the delay between the game release and the first patch is extremely long. Yes, there is covid, but also there is not enough content.

9.0.5 is a desperate attempt to add at least something to the game, because it might happen that x.1 gets released somewhere in August/September. Just watch Blizzconline; there was no pictures, there were nearly no footage, and the content they are adding seems too little.
    But it was clear that Shadowlands was already very unfinished: the Maw seems something like they didn't manage to finish at all, so they added some time restricted bull**** there to make it seems more meaningful than it actually is.

It's not small. The problem is that it takes to long to arrive. Back in BFA and Legion we already had the .1 patch on the PTR 1.5 months after the expansion's launch. The content drought will be terrible this expansion and its gonna be the same if not worse than WoD if they continue at this slow pace.

I'd say 9.1 is above average honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, 9.1 is well-endowed.
    ayy /10char

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Another dude banned because he was calling out the obvious t's on this site.

Are the mods ever gonna learn? Nope.

Call them Dolly for a reason
    No he wasn't. For both. If he would have been banned just for calling me a troll, blades would have been banned just as well. But he is still around, and I didn't report either of them. Why would I? I mean they are way too optimistic, but entertaining in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    They said it would be in the PTR soon after 9.0.5 goes live. So saying it will go live the latest in the first week of April is not reaching, it's going by what Blizzard said. Same with expecting it to go live within 8-12 weeks of being in the PTR. All of this places its release date in June. And then you have people stretching it and saying we don't even know that it will be in 2021? Who exactly is the one who has no evidence here?
    Well neither of us have any concrete evidence. We are extrapolating based on what we have. One group based on what Blizz said, the other on the patch size and how ready it looked at BlizzCon. Sure the footage may have been recorded in early november for the usual BlizzCon time and if they stagger the raid release by a month (wouldn't be the first) they might be able to push it through with only two months of PTR. And soon after might mean a few weeks (although Blizzard soon can be anything from two weeks to ten years. That could put us at a May release, but that is a lot of maybes and it still leaves us with a 6 month wait from release for a patch with questionable shelf life.
    My personal guess is, like I said, August. PTR in early april, with the intention of pushing the whole thing (raid, dungeon, zone) out in one go, with the group content testing stretching the test phase to be on the longer side, but still unprecedented, leading to an early August release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    No he wasn't. For both. If he would have been banned just for calling me a troll, blades would have been banned just as well. But he is still around, and I didn't report either of them. Why would I? I mean they are way too optimistic, but entertaining in their own way.

Well neither of us have any concrete evidence. We are extrapolating based on what we have. One group based on what Blizz said, the other on the patch size and how ready it looked at BlizzCon. Sure the footage may have been recorded in early november for the usual BlizzCon time and if they stagger the raid release by a month (wouldn't be the first) they might be able to push it through with only two months of PTR. And soon after might mean a few weeks (although Blizzard soon can be anything from two weeks to ten years. That could put us at a May release, but that is a lot of maybes and it still leaves us with a 6 month wait from release for a patch with questionable shelf life.
    My personal guess is, like I said, August. PTR in early april, with the intention of pushing the whole thing (raid, dungeon, zone) out in one go, with the group content testing stretching the test phase to be on the longer side, but still unprecedented, leading to an early August release.
    As you said, unprecedented. When has any patch stayed in the PTR for more than four months? So yeah, one side has actual statements and past data. The other side has feelings.