Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Upgrading items to Item Level 220 (Rank 12) requires the achievement Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One - I don't understand this personally, I am assuming this is for Alts to help them get gear faster.

Since a level 10 gives you 220 gear, this seems useless otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmysmitts View Post
    loosing definition: set free; release.

So appropriate word we are now free to play another game.
    this made me laugh more than it should have.

Thanks Ion for telling me its OK to go play FFXIV
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I didn't see anywhere, how much points do I need to fix my BM hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    This is intented to fix m+ gearing, raid loot is fine, world players can still upgrade to 200 ilvl. Honestly if you refuse to do even a m0 why the fuck do you need higher gear? Just for the sake of it? Go play a single player game.
    Why do raiders or M+ers need gear higher than the ilvl it takes to finish the content? If M15 is able to be finished at Ilvl203 for instance why do we need 205 or higher gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Once again Blizzard introduce a new system and then tune it to the point where it feels exploitative rather than fun.

Anybody capable of doing all 15s in time has better gear than that anyway.
    I have 6 or 7 items that I can potentially replace with upgraded 220 so no i don't have better gear

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why do raiders or M+ers need gear higher than the ilvl it takes to finish the content? If M15 is able to be finished at Ilvl203 for instance why do we need 205 or higher gear?
    It’s the mmo way to make players feel like their character is becoming more powerful. Makes it feel like all the hard work pays off when things get progressively easier.

sigh...srill no answer to the important question

how much valor do you earn per mythic+ at each level?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Upgrading items to Item Level 220 (Rank 12) requires the achievement Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One - I don't understand this personally, I am assuming this is for Alts to help them get gear faster.

Since a level 10 gives you 220 gear, this seems useless otherwise.
    You only 1 get item from the vault each week. This has turned into the PvP gear system where you can get items from the vault or upgrade your conquest bought gear up to 200 if you are not ranked. You can only upgrade to 207 ilvl if you have rank 1400 or higher. You can upgrade to 213 ilvl but only if you are rank 1600 or higher and then 220ivl if you are 1800 or higher.

They don't want you to be able to have comparable PvE gear in PvP if you don't have the rank. All together this sucks though. It makes it impossible to get better at content unless you have the achieve or rank in PvP. Not thrilled with this system at all. In PvP, all my gear is as high as it can be at 207 (minus my 235 legendary and 1 or 2 213 PvE pieces) and I get honor capped at 15000. can't spend it to upgrade because I can't hit 1600. Once i get close, all the players with their 1600+ 213 ilvl or higher gear stomp my 209 i lvl toon.

The only way to get rating now is to pay for a carry in arena or find enough good PUGs in LFG (a joke) to push through.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

Lol.

Prolly 35 for a fail, 50 for a timed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I didn't see anywhere, how much points do I need to fix my BM hunter?
    form 1 fellow bm hunter to another that number wouldn't fit on this screen

WHA....????

Did they think this through ? If someone is clearing every dungeon at +15 .... what are the odds that their ilvl is near 220 already ?

This is dumb... and the amount of Valor rewarded seems miniscule

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Lol.

Prolly 35 for a fail, 50 for a timed.
    not sure about that but i remember hearing back when the 1500 weekly cap was still a thing that people would need to get the item they wanted to upgrade in about 6 dungeons be4 they were capped for the week and since the cap was removed i have no clue wither the valor amounts were changed or not so....

what the hell is this patch...why is there cap for valor???first gearing is stupidly insane...they dont let use upgrade old m+ gear...ok..but how about do NOT put a cap on points...everything is so timegated is a joke,hope someone just unplugs this mess so I dont get stuck in this mess for another 15 years...

also do we even get valor from doing m+ and how much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorshack View Post
    You only 1 get item from the vault each week. This has turned into the PvP gear system where you can get items from the vault or upgrade your conquest bought gear up to 200 if you are not ranked. You can only upgrade to 207 ilvl if you have rank 1400 or higher. You can upgrade to 213 ilvl but only if you are rank 1600 or higher and then 220ivl if you are 1800 or higher.

They don't want you to be able to have comparable PvE gear in PvP if you don't have the rank. All together this sucks though. It makes it impossible to get better at content unless you have the achieve or rank in PvP. Not thrilled with this system at all. In PvP, all my gear is as high as it can be at 207 (minus my 235 legendary and 1 or 2 213 PvE pieces) and I get honor capped at 15000. can't spend it to upgrade because I can't hit 1600. Once i get close, all the players with their 1600+ 213 ilvl or higher gear stomp my 209 i lvl toon.

The only way to get rating now is to pay for a carry in arena or find enough good PUGs in LFG (a joke) to push through.
    WHA....????

Did they think this through ? If someone is clearing every dungeon at +15 .... what are the odds that their ilvl is near 220 already ?

Gearing is a huge problem overall. And there is no way around it except to wait for a weekly chest and hope you get an upgrade to a low level piece. Or do every form of content you can do to get a chance at ONE upgrade - full raid clear, 10 mythics. etc.

Seriously though - try creating a "14 Mists" or a 15 mists in the LFG tool -- watch and see how quickly it fills --- and how it fills with people with with ilvl216+ -- theyre all 216, 220, 222, etc.

IF you were to have purchased a +15 carry weeks ago, you could have EASILY been carried every week after that, at least to completion, by their gear levels alone, resulting in another 226 item for you, each week, since you were guaranteed a key of 14 if you had completed a 15 previously (which you could have purchased).

They changed this now and itll decline, but previously these people got spoon fed gear and if you didnt participate, with the lack of catch up, you will just suffer for weeks and weeks waiting for the vault to magically raise you 1 item level a week.

This is obviously designed to "fill in a spot" -- not to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Because only an extremely tiny percentage of the playerbase is even capable of doing 15 with that low ilvl.

Out of milions of players playing this game, I'm ranked around 30k for rogues according to raider.io, and I've only just gotten keystone conqueror this week. This means that the vast majority of the playerbase havn't timed all 8 dungeons as a +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    WHA....????

im currently 218.75 on my main and i still have 6 items that are lower than 220 (the vault has not been good to me) so....

also those valor amounts are only for the callings the seem tho have forgotten to give us the amounts earned per dungeon at each level

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    And what's the difference that you get it to 226 and then you open vault and get a 226 weapon? Both situations it means you have "wasted" all that valor since you could have saved that for another slot...
    If i can upgrade to ilvl 226 with valor then im not going to choose that item, instead i will choose another item which i not started to spent valor points.

Worth noting that on the PTR the cap is something like 8750 rather than 5k and there's no cap on how much you can hold. So I don't know if they made last minute changes or maybe what's on PTR isn't going live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

It's because they don't know. I imagine they will update the post once the patch actually goes live.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I think item upgrades are the wrong way to go. New items are fun. Item upgrades aren't.

It's hard for me to get excited about Valor, knowing i won't be able to use it on any of my gear. Having to re-grind to get upgradeable versions of shit i already spent time obtaining just isn't worth it. When's 9.1?