Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Yeah but that entire thing is nonsense and just doesn't make sense. That either means that all souls of a person are combined into one and they gain the memories of every life they've ever lived at random whenever another version of their self dies, or that the alternate universes and timeline versions of characters just don't have souls at all, which also makes no goddamn sense.

It's a terrible explanation when my personal idea of using Bastion as the "alternate soul dump" zone would be perfectly reasonable and useful, as well as explain why demons retain their memories even after death and rebirth as well even though some ancients on Azeroth don't seem to.
    I agree, but we have what we have. Until someone confronts Danuser on this and makes him change his stance and/or provide additional context and reasoning, this is canon.

I don't really think that your Bastion theory could work though because ending up in Bastion is supposed to be earned. It's reserved for those who lived a life in service. You can't just dump anyone who needs a memory wipe there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Admiral Taylor so I can learn why the fuck he is a corporeal ghost in wod.
    After you finish floor 8 in TC he pops up in Oribos from what I heard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post

When you free him on Draenor, he recognizes you as the garrison commander and shows you respect. Here's the direct quote:

"From one commander to another... thank you. We've faced off on the field of battle so many times. Vashj'ir... the Jade Forest... Lion's Landing... I am glad I could end my journey with such a worthy adversary."
    So... How was he judged
    Hes in Oribos
    Did the Arbiter just yeeted him in the outer ring?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So... How was he judged
    Hes in Oribos
    Did the Arbiter just yeeted him in the outer ring?
    I can't think of a lore reason for this. By all accounts, he shouldn't be in Oribos. I guess they just put him there as a cameo without a second thought.

He still looks like a ghost. If he was sent somewhere, He'd have a new body or form by now. I'm thinking he just travelled there on his own, like Sunwalker Dezco and Ol Emma.

Sidenote: Stormwind and Ogrimmar really shouldn't let the portal to the freakin afterlife be open to the public like this. People keep popping in to look for their families. It's just asking for trouble. Station a guard by the portal or something, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    He shows up in Oribos at some point. He is around the outer ring on the main floor.
    Damn, I'll have to check him out, then!

Lil Pammy Redpath.

I can't think of a lore reason for this. By all accounts, he shouldn't be in Oribos. I guess they just put him there as a cameo without a second thought.
    Maybe he went to the Shadowlands after Draenor but before the soul sending robot went offline?

Also could be that he just went back to Oribos from whatever realm he got sent to? Probably Maldraxxus or Bastion. But most likely just a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Maybe he went to the Shadowlands after Draenor but before the soul sending robot went offline?

Also could be that he just went back to Oribos from whatever realm he got sent to? Probably Maldraxxus or Bastion. But most likely just a cameo.
    Thing is, Oribos is no place for souls. It functions as a transit point between the mortal realm and whatever afterlife a soul is designated to. Moreover, souls don't really have the authority to roam freely around the Shadowlands. And even if they had, the pathways had long been shut. The pathways to Bastion and Maldraxxus were reopened, sure, but if Taylor had traveled from there he would have a physical body now.

Id like to see Varian

I'd like to see Naisha. She deserved a better fate than what she got.

I also think it could be nice if Jaina could be reunited with Kinndy Sparkshine to get some closure for Theramore.

Cairne would be a nice addition. He seems to be actively trying to help bring balance between life and death in the Tauren heritage scenario, so getting a bit more visibility into what he's been up to would be nice.

Lastly, I'd love to see Ner'zhul. We didn't get much from his story beyond "Now he's the Lich King. And...now he's not." It would be nice to see what happened with him after Arthas became the soul entity comprising the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    What about elementals? We killed Rag in his home, doesnt that mean that hes dead?
    The Dark Iron recruitment scenario has a faction of Dark Iron attempting to summon him again, so either they're very misinformed or he's not truly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Yeah but that entire thing is nonsense and just doesn't make sense. That either means that all souls of a person are combined into one and they gain the memories of every life they've ever lived at random whenever another version of their self dies, or that the alternate universes and timeline versions of characters just don't have souls at all, which also makes no goddamn sense.

It's a terrible explanation when my personal idea of using Bastion as the "alternate soul dump" zone would be perfectly reasonable and useful, as well as explain why demons retain their memories even after death and rebirth as well even though some ancients on Azeroth don't seem to.
    The rope metaphor says that the souls will eventually come together, but it isn't necessarily immediately upon death. So AU Garroshes could be unified in Maldraxxus somewhere while MU is in Revendreth to be redeemed and then be sent to join his other selves later. But it does kind of undermine the Maw if all threads unify and one thread deserves the Maw, given that no one is supposed to come back from there.

Sylvanas ! but jokes aside ! i wish i could see varian but that wont happen unless they change how fel magic works !

Runas isnt dead. He just withered.

However, update Silvermoon.

Sunwell Light and Arcane powers + Arcan'dor = should be a cure.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Anveena would be interesting. Yes, yes, I know she is a manifestation of the Sunwell, but she developed sentience and even Kalecgos said she had a soul.
    Could be interesting.

Rhonin or Antonidas might be fun.
    Last edited by Karreck; 2021-03-26 at 09:20 PM.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Runas isnt dead. He just withered.

However, update Silvermoon.

Sunwell Light and Arcane powers + Arcan'dor = should be a cure.
    Indeed. Furthermore, the levelling experience in a revamped Eversong/Ghostlands should be about killing a whole bunch of those emo methheads, aka void elves, instead of withered
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oderon View Post
    Medivh
    Aegwynn
    Kur'talos Ravencrest
    Gul'dan
    Saurfang
    Garrosh (we only see him in the trailer)
    Thomas Zelling
    Nathanos (where is he?)
    Isn't Medivh kinda sort of alive... ish? Because at this point I have no freaking clue.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I want to see Lothar, Llane, Griselda, Orgrim, Kilrogg, Turok, Zul'jin or some other pre-WC3 characters.

Show me Galakrond. That thing was a walking talking soulstorm of anima. Wonder who got it when he finally went kaput. I wonder what was up with the LK trying to rez him. I wonder what was up with Bolvar wanting to fuck with the red dragons in Legion.

That's not the case. Danuser went into great detail explaining how it works in one of his interviews. According to him, a person is a "rope" whose "threads" are various versions of that person existing in different timelines. These threads may exist separately for a time, but they always combine back into a single rope in the end. I personally don't like his explanation and think that it raises more questions than answers, but it's currently canon so we have to deal with it.
    That shit ain't canon until it's in the game lol. Most of danusers writing is in fucking interviews. Before it wasn't so bad because eventually interview info would make it into the game. But as of right now, a solid 40% of his story is in interviews..
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-07 at 07:10 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I want to get Zul'jin's arse out of Revendreth and have him be wandering around somewhere in Ardenweald lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Garithos...in the Maw. Maybe we get to permakill him as a Torghast boss.