Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my sweet Summer child...

Anyone who thinks Mythic 0 should be on automatic group finder should roll a healer and then take to LFG heroic. There have been times it has been easier to heal a +10 than it has a heroic. Half the time the tank has just dinged and is trying to figure out what active mitigation is and the DPS are busy finding all sorts of shit to stand in while ignoring interrupts, either that or they are running around pulling 'moar dudes'. It doesn't do anyone any good to be thrown into that situation on mythic with a bunch of rando's who may or may not have had carnal knowledge of your Mum.

At some point you have to separate out those who are going to put in a bit of effort -like flying to the dungeon or applying to a group. It's fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I mean what's the point? It doesn't need "automatic" LFG.
    The point is that LFG doesn't police access once you meet the basic item level requirement to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post

Anyone who thinks Mythic 0 should be on automatic group finder should roll a healer and then take to LFG heroic. There have been times it has been easier to heal a +10 than it has a heroic. Half the time the tank has just dinged and is trying to figure out what active mitigation is and the DPS are busy finding all sorts of shit to stand in while ignoring interrupts, either that or they are running around pulling 'moar dudes'. It doesn't do anyone any good to be thrown into that situation on mythic with a bunch of rando's who may or may not have had carnal knowledge of your Mum.

At some point you have to separate out those who are going to put in a bit of effort -like flying to the dungeon or applying to a group. It's fine as it is.
    Also, yes, all of this.

The “pressure role” (tank/healer) experience is exponentially impacted as you climb difficulties in this intimate, small-group direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    M0 has weekly cap. One per week each and its introduce into mythics+ u know find a group set up go into instance blah blah blah. I know i know. We do know how its goin but for a new commers it isnt obvious :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-10 at 02:15 PM.

All the people saying no - do you still use trade chat to find groups for reg and heroic dungeons as well? For the social aspect of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    All the people saying no - do you still use trade chat to find groups for reg and heroic dungeons as well? For the social aspect of course.
    No, I do however use a number of communities including my guild when I run group content.

My objection to M0 being on LFD is not really to do with the social aspect. For someone geared at the appropriate level for that content and inexperienced mythic 0 still presents a challenge. Allowing easier access to mythic is a recipe for disaster. What do you say to the ilevel 195 mage who is only pulling 500 dps? How do you stop them from entering -their item level says they can do it. How many players will get pissed off and kick them? So then what about the DPS who comes in part through the dungeon, they are loot locked to that dungeon for the week and if there is only the last boss available when they zone it, what do they do? Grit their teeth and kill it anyway or leave the group because the boss they wanted loot from is already dead?

Back in WoD, Blizzard put a gate on heroic content. It was a simple thing, you had to get proving grounds silver (I think) on the role you wanted to queue for. Even then, players still ignored interrupts and failed to decurse or stood in bad. At that time Mythic wasn't a thing.

Mythic is unforgiving from the perspective that you have to deal with a crucial and important mechanics. Kicking ass to raptors in "Wailing caverns" last month was one thing, Mythic is a totally different game.

-Interrupting and purging deadly spells and auras in Mythic is required.
    -Knowing how to deal with complicated and deadly mechanics, trash or boss fight in Mythic is required.
    -Actually avoiding damage and not soaking it is required. I mean avoid it not just getting booped in the head with 50% of your hp missing and thinking that's okay. That is not okay.

The LFR version of Mythic are heroic dungeons, and people can go do those if they want some easy content. Otherwise people who are ready for an epic mythic journey, they can do that outside of matchmaking in my opinion.
    Last edited by neik; 2021-03-10 at 05:01 PM.

At a certain point you have to face reality that wow is an MMO and can't hold your hand in higher difficulties.

It is not that difficult to look for a group in the tool. And this way people can get acquianted with this mechanic. Somewhere you have to make the cut. The letter M is that place here.
    Mythic+ should NEVER be queable. God that would be the most toxic stuff you will EVER see. The same people responsible for the toxoc enviroment are the people complaing about that. Don't give them more reasons to complain and just try to get them to use one of the readily available social tools in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The point is that LFG doesn't police access once you meet the basic item level requirement to use it.
    Are you suggesting that you are forbidden to make your own group and invite whomever you want, just like all those people that make their own group?
    Or are you suggesting that you have a special right to be invited to other people's group?

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Are you suggesting that you are forbidden to make your own group and invite whomever you want, just like all those people that make their own group?
    Or are you suggesting that you have a special right to be invited to other people's group?
    I don't do any group content, so I have no skin in this fight. It matters not to me either way. But it amuses me how facilitating access to content (through, for example, LFG) for other players causes anxiety in a certain section of the playerbase. It's a useful wedge issue, and I totally get that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Castle Nathria has 4 LFR wings with 3 bosses in 3 and 1 boss in 1. It is a silly argument to stop it from having automated group finding. Blizzard could easily just make it a per boss lock out right? If players are bad then don't do it. Or find your own group, or move on to key runs. Right?

Bad players isn't an argument against doing it since hardly anyone checks for skill with Mythic 0. It is just a first to fill up in 99% of cases.
    Playerbase is toxic gatekeepers and blizz love them. We should not expect anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Mythic is unforgiving from the perspective that you have to deal with a crucial and important mechanics. Kicking ass to raptors in "Wailing caverns" last month was one thing, Mythic is a totally different game.

-Interrupting and purging deadly spells and auras in Mythic is required.
    -Knowing how to deal with complicated and deadly mechanics, trash or boss fight in Mythic is required.
    -Actually avoiding damage and not soaking it is required. I mean avoid it not just getting booped in the head with 50% of your hp missing and thinking that's okay. That is not okay.

The LFR version of Mythic are heroic dungeons, and people can go do those if they want some easy content. Otherwise people who are ready for an epic mythic journey that is, they can do that outside of matchmaking in my opinion.
    There is not a single argument to not have automatic matchmaking for ANY contetnt in the game. That include mythic raids, high rating arenas and rated bg. The difficulty argument is not an argument. Yes, it would be more difficult. People are not asking to be it less difficult, just to have automatic matchamaking tool.

I don't do any group content, so I have no skin in this fight. It matters not to me either way. But it amuses me how facilitating access to content (through, for example, LFG) for other players causes anxiety in a certain section of the playerbase. It's a useful wedge issue, and I totally get that.
    It is more from trying to blind pug and seeing just what people do...

Some of us recall the post tbc area of group making when it was automated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Playerbase is toxic gatekeepers and blizz love them. We should not expect anything.

- - - Updated - - -

There is not a single argument to not have automatic matchmaking for ANY contetnt in the game. That include mythic raids, high rating arenas and rated bg. The difficulty argument is not an argument. Yes, it would be more difficult. People are not asking to be it less difficult, just to have automatic matchamaking tool.
    The problem with automatic match making is how do you ensure every group has the tools they need to succeed. How would mythic LFD look? One melee, one ranged someone with a short cd interrupt, one character with a hard CC, one with lust, a battle res, someone from each covenant, the list goes on. It's a lot to ask. That's also part of the skill you pick up in pugging through the current system.

Well, people that get anxiety from interacting with other people should probably find another game or don't participate in game features that doesn't require them to interact with other people.
    It seems like a strange case of masochism to me.
    I don't like PvP, so I don't do it. Why people insist on torturing themselves and explaining it away with inane terms like "gatekeeping" baffles me to no end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making a mythic 0 group is super easy to do, it’s not worth putting that into LFG

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Well, people that get anxiety from interacting with other people should probably find another game or don't participate in game features that doesn't require them to interact with other people.
    It seems like a strange case of masochism to me.
    I don't like PvP, so I don't do it. Why people insist on torturing themselves and explaining it away with inane terms like "gatekeeping" baffles me to no end.
    Anyone who has anxiety interacting with other people is not going to do well in co-ordinated group content like mythic or is the solution to have 4 AI players so the one person can complete content?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Are you suggesting that some part of the playerbase has the power to ban other players from making their own group and inviting "non-toxic" people?
    Or are you suggesting that people are entitled to be join other people's groups?

What stops you from making your own group or guild where you only invite the "non-toxic" and "inclusive" part of the playerbase?
    I mean mythic raiders or pvp'ers or people that push keys or roleplayers or transmog hunters or pet battlers have no problem finding like-minded people and play with them.
    Do you belong to some to this day unknown part of the playerbase? Please enlighten me.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who has anxiety interacting with other people is not going to do well in co-ordinated group content like mythic or is the solution to have 4 AI players so the one person can complete content?
    M+ is designed to be a group activity so people that can't or won't do group content don't belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Difficulty wise m0 prepares you for nothing.

I think it's actually more valuable that it teaches people how to group up. The dungeons are pretty easy at this level so it shouldn't discourage people after finding a group. Rather than mechanics, it teaches you how to dive into the social aspect.
    I'm willing to guess you haven't used the premade group finder for M0s, because it's honestly no different from N or H groups, especially if you aren't joining an established partial group.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what the value of adding Mythic to LFD. Is it because players want access to better gear? Is it because they want to try harder content? If the latter, then any automated system that is put in place ensuring that the group has all the tools at their disposal to complete it might as well be filled with bots and then it becomes extended solo content, not group content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

I just want to say how REAL this is lol - I was healing a heroic for that weekly and people were absolutely horrible needing 4-6k HPS.. a HEROIC.. not a mythic - btw, I'm 223 ilvl and run 15's PER WEEK for the chest.. So uhhhhhh yeah I don't think normal people should be able to queue for mythic0, they'd shit themselves