Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    The problem is you can’t possibly upgrade many pieces of gear. You just don’t have enough valor. There’s no value of getting a m+2 2h weapon, its 1k valor per level to upgrade it. There’s 12 levels. Your valor cap is 5k. It goes up 750 per week. So every 4 weeks you can upgrade it 3 times?? It’s a ridiculous system.
    The point of the system is not for you to be able to get all items from m+2 and upgrade it 50 times, it's to allow you to get the highest possible ilvl item you can get yourself and then upgrade it if you don't get anything better in the vault.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

do as you please, im not wasting my time on anything sub 15.
    im just gonna do my 4-10 15s per week as usual.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-03-10 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There is really little excuse for Blizzard why the valor gained would not scale with key level. It's so obvious, there must have been tremendous technical difficulties why they would not have implemented that, from the design standpoint I really cannot see any valid reason why they wouldn't.

So yes, btt, obviously spamming +2s is the way to go there. With only two ways to gain valor where the second - callings - is not spammable and awards so few valor (~240 per lockout) that you wonder why they even bothered to add it as a source in the first place.
    This is really only an issue because of them implementing it mid season with a 5k cap. And it’s a 1 time deal, once you cap you only need 750 per week.

If they held it off until 9.1 and the cap was 750 you’ll end up getting it just by doing normal keys.

I don’t think holding it until 9.1 though just to prevent this large initial cap would have been a good idea.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-03-10 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is really little excuse for Blizzard why the valor gained would not scale with key level. It's so obvious, there must have been tremendous technical difficulties why they would not have implemented that, from the design standpoint I really cannot see any valid reason why they wouldn't.
    Probably because the community would have mathed out exactly the optimal key to run based on reward per time spent. Kind of how min/maxers treated Maw of Souls back in the days of AP grind before Blizzard normalized AP rewards based on dungeon length.

So let's say Blizzard did put in a scaling valor reward based on keystone level, should they then also put in a scaler based on dungeon length/popularity? Have Sanguine Depths reward 25% more valor because f'd SD and have Mists give 25% less valor because it's so popular and short?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Uh?

The reason is always the same: making people gear the slowest possible way so they remain subbed.

They continue assuming that once you have capped your gear you’ll just unsub till the next season, they probably have internal data to corroborate this theory, my side I would simply chill with the main and repeat the process with an alt to explore a different playstyle.

Keep asking for blizz to scale Valor with key level and you gonna get +15 giving 135, and +2 giving 70.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Keep asking for blizz to scale Valor with key level and you gonna get +15 giving 135, and +2 giving 70.
    Yup. Abuse low key farming while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The point of the system is not for you to be able to get all items from m+2 and upgrade it 50 times, it's to allow you to get the highest possible ilvl item you can get yourself and then upgrade it if you don't get anything better in the vault.
    That's such a niche use for this system though. Was that really the main painpoint for M+ers? I think that logic makes sense, but not at the current values of valor gained vs. the cap. It's such a minor upgrade to the system for what I assume is a lot of work that went behind it.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Uh?

The reason is always the same: making people gear the slowest possible way so they remain subbed.

They continue assuming that once you have capped your gear you’ll just unsub till the next season, they probably have internal data to corroborate this theory, my side I would simply chill with the main and repeat the process with an alt to explore a different playstyle.

I wonder when this became "acceptable" in the community.
    Just look at Wotlk, aka the golden age - loot was EVERYWHERE compared to SL. It's not only valor/justice points - it's like there was a PvP boss with PvE SETs dropping, you could farm ICC10 normal AND hc, ICC25 normal AND hc for emblems of frost .. again, giving you sets.

I'd rather have the Great Vault removed entirely to be honest, and let us have some bad luck protection with emblems again.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    At 40% chance to receive loot, and ~10+ items on the loot table, you'll be done with pts before you're done getting the pieces you want
    This seems accurate. I still use below 210 ilvl items even though i do 17s and 18s because items have not dropped. Maybe if i get super lucky... probably doesn't help that i have no gear overalap with the rest of my team for the slots I need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Get a 210! I mean sounds lame, but you get weekly vault. Loot enables you to go harder into the content. I can't possibly imagine anyone upgrading any item which is below 203. Why would anyone do that? Upgrade costs seem a bit... off and I don't know why even bother to have 12 ranks where it could be essentially 3 ranks, but players can just jump the ranks so it does not matter as much.
    There is this one trinket... I would upgrade it even at ilvl 187 because it is the best trinket ever. If it ever dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    There is this one trinket... I would upgrade it even at ilvl 187 because it is the best trinket ever. If it ever dropped...
    There are lot's of farm groups now. A rogue who I play with just farmed PF to get a 207ilvl trinket from PF. You get valor from that too. It's not that bad if you actually to set out to get that item. Can take few days but so will the valor needed to upgrade that item so that's two ducks in one shot.