Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    well it's not just the money but the hunting business is basically like the Mexican cartels. You don't enforce sanctions or try to disturb poaching practices unless you want to get disappeared. It's a really disturbing world there.
    The amount of stupid in this post is staggering. Hunting ≠ poaching. The extreme majority of the hunting money goes back into the fish and wildlife.
    Poaching everyone can agree on, it's evil and should be punished and this entire article has NOTHING to do with poaching.

Don't they learn to acually track animals in their education? I thought the use of traps where illegal.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Don't they learn to acually track animals in their education? I thought the use of traps where illegal.
    Only more progressive states. Regressive states still allow trapping, baiting, and dogs.

It's a crutch for the hunting industry in those regressive states. When someone pays thousands of dollars for a lease or "guide", there's pressure to deliver a guaranteed kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Naturalistic fallacy. Just because you think nature might be cruel, doesn't necessarily mean humans should be. What happens in nature isn't a good moral arbiter or a guide on how people should behave.
    Good point, I hate the naturalistic fallacy. While we don't know how to alleviate all animal suffering right now we can always find better ways to get it closer to zero.