View Poll Results: Who do you stand with?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • I stand with the Royal Family

4 10.81%
  • I stand with Harry & Megan

10 27.03%
  • Don't like either of them.

23 62.16%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Markle is acting in no way to dissuade anyone of what she is. I think everyone assumed she would do the following:

1. Marry into royalty for international mega super stardom.
    2. Start bickering with the royal family.
    3. Cut off relations with the royal family and drag Harry along.
    4. Now that Harry is no longer a royal, she finds him boring and divorces him.
    5. Harry runs back begging to be let into the royal family.
    6. Markle leverages her star power to be famous just to be famous.
    7. Markle winds up unable to handle the fame and winds up in a drug fog, dating drugged up musicians with the usual tats and gauges lol.

She's doing, up to this point, EXACTLY what everyone thought she would do.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is just waiting for the divorce. Except maybe you.
    My god its like talking to some uptight real estate lady...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    But they can seize it with proper legalization.
    If we're going to start seizing private property I'd start with more actively harmful families like the Murdochs and the Trumps.

The whole royalist society thing is pretty gross. Not at all surprised they're racist too. I know Elizabeth is old, but the royal family could be doing a whole lot more cool stuff and make it a lot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's a very specific denial though. It's like "Well, they weren't involved in that particular racist conversation" and not "No, My Grandparents are not racist".
    Yes well asking anyone "Is Prince Phillip racist" should probably be considered to be asking rhetorically anyway? Does the Pope shit in the woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If we're going to start seizing private property I'd start with more actively harmful families like the Murdochs and the Trumps.
    I think Trump barely owns anything property in the UK, relative to the crown.

But that is not even the point, the point is that the property they do own seems to be very important to the UK and the reason they own it is because of some kings from god knows how long ago told the people that its god will.

I think Trump barely owns anything property in the UK, relative to the crown.

But that is not even the point, the point is that the property they do own seems to be very important to the UK and the reason they own it is because of some kings from god knows how long ago told the people that its god will.
    Trump owns some extensive golf courses.

As for the Crown Estates, like all private property the core of it comes from one person having enough force to declare themselves owner and then we have roughly a thousand years of investment and inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    why does anyone even support "royal" family existing? what makes them so special? they were born to someone else that was called "royal"? that's it? that's what makes them so special?
    People often cite tourism income as a reason to keep the monarchy, but tourists would still come here if we became a republic. The castles, palaces, stately homes and history would all still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Markle is acting in no way to dissuade anyone of what she is. I think everyone assumed she would do the following:

1. Marry into royalty for international mega super stardom.
    2. Start bickering with the royal family.
    3. Cut off relations with the royal family and drag Harry along.
    4. Now that Harry is no longer a royal, she finds him boring and divorces him.
    5. Harry runs back begging to be let into the royal family.
    6. Markle leverages her star power to be famous just to be famous.
    7. Markle winds up unable to handle the fame and winds up in a drug fog, dating drugged up musicians with the usual tats and gauges lol.

She's doing, up to this point, EXACTLY what everyone thought she would do.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is just waiting for the divorce. Except maybe you.
    This is pretty on point and what I expected. Including a sneak preview for the future that I can totally see as plausible. I'm not into the whole royal reality TV show stuff, but her swooping up Harry is a bit weird. I remember distinctly that they gave a video where Harry said he detailed exactly what life in the royal family would be for her. That she then gets upset over how it is and drags him out of the family is a bit of a diva move. She never understood the role the royal family has in the UK, nor could she cope that other people were more important than she was and that in certain pictures, she's part of the frame, not the object of the picture.

Now, having properly dissed the slut... racial bigotry is inexcuseable and if these accusations are true (and why would I have a reason to doubt her?), I think her move is justified, but only for that. Not for anything else, especially not for the whole attention the royal family got. Harry knew exactly what happened to his mom and I'd bet any amount of money that when he had that talk with her, he laid out in detail what happened to his mom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    People often cite tourism income as a reason to keep the monarchy, but tourists would still come here if we became a republic. The castles, palaces, stately homes and history would all still be here.
    I wouldn't. Not anymore. Brexit saw to that.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-03-10 at 02:57 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I wouldn't. Not anymore. Brexit saw to that.
    Why would Brexit make you not want to come here for a holiday?

Maybe he's in europe and brexit makes it harder to travel there?

The monarchy exist because of nostalgia, the UK has become pretty irrelevant over the past few decades. As the old empire looks inward it needs memories of days gone past

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Maybe he's in europe and brexit makes it harder to travel there?
    I have no idea, I'll let them answer for themselves. But even if that were true it's no more difficult to visit the UK than any other non-EU destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The monarchy exist because of nostalgia, the UK has become pretty irrelevant over the past few decades. As the old empire looks inward it needs memories of days gone past
    It continues to exist because currently no-one can really be arsed to get rid of it. Not sure what you mean by the UK becoming irrelevant, seems like a vague dig unless you can specify what you mean. And no-one here barring a handful of crazies gives a fuck about the empire anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well there is still a chance that if Lizzy dies, Charles is already dead or has Alzheimer's or something. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the throne goes to William directly.

Still don't know what to make from the interview. I guess the accusations could be true. Still it is a lot of he said, she said.

Damn it our royals are boring.
    The Queen is 94 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    And Prince Charles is 72.

Mothers are older than their children, it's just that in this case the difference isn't that larger.

The Queen's mother passed away at 101, and her father, King George VI (portrayed in the King's Speech), died at the age of 56.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And Prince Charles is 72.

Mothers are older than their children, it's just that in this case the difference isn't that larger.

The Queen's mother passed away at 101, and her father, King George VI (portrayed in the King's Speech), died at the age of 56.
    Ok and his father is 99? Plus there have been a lot of medical advances and general public health improvements since George passed away in his 50s.

It continues to exist because currently no-one can really be arsed to get rid of it. Not sure what you mean by the UK becoming irrelevant, seems like a vague dig unless you can specify what you mean. And no-one here barring a handful of crazies gives a fuck about the empire anymore.
    No one is disputing it exist but with giving up Hong Kong then Brexit and the possibility of the country breaking up even further it's status is diminished. I think Brexit showed that a lot of nationalist sentiments still exist in the country otherwise it would have failed spectacularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    No one is disputing it exist but with giving up Hong Kong then Brexit and the possibility of the country breaking up even further it's status is diminished. I think Brexit showed that a lot of nationalist sentiments still exist in the country otherwise it would have failed spectacularly.
    Hong Kong was given up decades, should do the same to other colonies they still hold tbh

Hong Kong was given up decades, should do the same to other colonies they still hold tbh
    Except the 2 most disputed colonies by other countries is The Falklands and Gibraltar, both have expressed that they want to stay associated with the UK.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well there is still a chance that if Lizzy dies, Charles is already dead or has Alzheimer's or something. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the throne goes to William directly. Still don't know what to make from the interview. I guess the accusations could be true. Still it is a lot of he said, she said. Damn it our royals are boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    It'd be less boring if she became pregnant.

I think by now it's abundantly clear that continental Europeans are not welcome in the UK. I'd rather go to Ireland instead. Less hassle, too. I can travel there without a passport, don't need to exchange my money, the countryside is said to be quite spectacular. No thanks, I've been in England, I've seen enough.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.