Thread: You are valid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!
    This saying annoys me because the moon is much closer than any stars.

I'll be on my way now.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The whole "still subbed" argument is no longer a valid point. I do not like the game currently, yet I am still subbed.
    Subbing is free for me and most long-time wow players because the game time tokens prices are barely the cost of gold we make in a month just logging on.
    If I stopped subbing to this pathetic attempt at a game all that happens is the millions of gold I've amassed is wasted.
    So I sub, hoping one day Blizz will be bought by a bigger, better funded indie company.
    This is silly.
    Just unsub until you have the desire to play.
    What's the big deal?
    It isn't effectively free for you, because it cost you time getting that gold.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The whole "still subbed" argument is no longer a valid point. I do not like the game currently, yet I am still subbed.
    Subbing is free for me and most long-time wow players because the game time tokens prices are barely the cost of gold we make in a month just logging on.
    If I stopped subbing to this pathetic attempt at a game all that happens is the millions of gold I've amassed is wasted.
    So I sub, hoping one day Blizz will be bought by a bigger, better funded indie company.
    Sorry, but that is not all that happens.

You see, it doesn't cost you anything to stay subbed to the game this way, but Blizz gets $20 / mo from that kind of subscription. You may not be paying Blizz, but you are supporting whales, and Blizz ends up with even more money than if you just paid $15 / mo.

You want Blizz to be better? Then you need to break out of the cycle that gives them money for being lazy. Until that happens, Blizz has no incentive to put more effort into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    So you play our of stubbornness? And then wonder why you don't enjoy it?
    Sometimes it's lack of a true alternative that makes people keep doing something, as well.

Say you're a horny guy, but there are no attractive women left in the world... well... you get to either settle for unattractive women or have no sex. Personally, I'd settle for unattractive women. Same can be said for wow for a lot of people. I played for the longest time simply because there isn't another MMO out there with a solid raid scene.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Sometimes it's lack of a true alternative that makes people keep doing something, as well.

Say you're a horny guy, but there are no attractive women left in the world... well... you get to either settle for unattractive women or have no sex. Personally, I'd settle for unattractive women. Same can be said for wow for a lot of people. I played for the longest time simply because there isn't another MMO out there with a solid raid scene.
    Or there's always hentai.

So you play a game you dont like so you can play a game you dont like for free? Sounds like a serious case of addiction to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This reads as sarcasm. But I dunno... it's close. Could be real.
    At first it seems that way, but this isnt an isolated case - there are numerous other people following the exact same thought process both in game, and on various forums.