Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the maximum cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 each week. This means that if you earn 5000 VP the first week then you’re only able to earn 750 VP the next week.

The cap which was removed, was a cap of how many VP a character could hold at one time.
    I would suggest you get your information from more reliable sources like Blizzard themself with the patch notes. The post you quoted from me was word for word the patch notes regarding valor from Blizzard's website for patch 9.0.5 dated March 8, 2021 (you know 3 days ago). If you need to read the words (that I copied from their website directly) where it clearly states it "will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week" feel free to click the link HERE and read for yourself. There is no mention of a SEASON anywhere in that at all. Unless/until more dungeons are released, there are only 8 mythic+ you can run and each one of them will contain the exact same gear throughout the entire expansion. The only thing that will increase, assuming more dungeons besides the "mega dungeon" aren't added, would be the item level of the items in the current mythic+ dungeons to match the current raid gear item level. When valor was being messed around with on the PTR it had a weekly earned max (was 750 per week) and total carried max (was starting out at 1500 and increased to 8750 before stopping to increase). They removed the total carried max and simply added a new total max held which starts at 5000 and increases every week by 750.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And it works exactly like Conquest points, except the week 1 cap is 5000, not 750.
    Conquest cap week 1 is 750. If you get them all, then week 2 your cap is 750. If you don't get any of them, then you week 2 cap is 1500.
    Vaolor cap week 1 is 5000. If you get them all, then week 2 your cap is 750. If you don't get any of them, then your week 2 cap is 5750.

- - - Updated - - -

But it works exactly like conquest. The weekly cap is only 5000 for week 1, it goes up by 750 every week
    Why did you quote me and Argowal and explain to us how conq works when we were already saying that valor=conq in terms of their cap-system?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I would suggest you get your information from more reliable sources like Blizzard themself with the patch notes. The post you quoted from me was word for word the patch notes regarding valor from Blizzard's website for patch 9.0.5 dated March 8, 2021 (you know 3 days ago). If you need to read the words (that I copied from their website directly) where it clearly states it "will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week" feel free to click the link HERE and read for yourself. There is no mention of a SEASON anywhere in that at all. Unless/until more dungeons are released, there are only 8 mythic+ you can run and each one of them will contain the exact same gear throughout the entire expansion. The only thing that will increase, assuming more dungeons besides the "mega dungeon" aren't added, would be the item level of the items in the current mythic+ dungeons to match the current raid gear item level. When valor was being messed around with on the PTR it had a weekly earned max (was 750 per week) and total carried max (was starting out at 1500 and increased to 8750 before stopping to increase). They removed the total carried max and simply added a new total max held which starts at 5000 and increases every week by 750.
    To be fair, I wouldn't trust the wording of Blizzard. There have been many examples of their lack of communication skills.

I still don't believe the cap reset each week. I hope it will, but knowing Blizzard I'm pretty certain it wont. So my bet is that we only will be able to earn 750 VP next week if we earn 5000 this week. But I hope I'm wrong.

To be fair, I wouldn't trust the wording of Blizzard. There have been many examples of their lack of communication skills.

I still don't believe the cap reset each week. I hope it will, but knowing Blizzard I'm pretty certain it wont. So my bet is that we only will be able to earn 750 VP next week if we earn 5000 this week. But I hope I'm wrong.
    Huh? the post it quite clear, if you earn 5k this week you can earn 750 next week

Exactly this. Unless we'd get a precise blue response (which won't happen here) we won't know until next week (any brave one to farm cap and spend enough to check theory next Wed? :P). In theory I should ask GM via ticket but according to my experience with them, they'll send me to Wowhead or won't know themselves (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    Huh? the post it quite clear, if you earn 5k this week you can earn 750 next week
    Yeah that's also what I think. But some people believe we will be able to earn 5750 next week no matter how many VP we earn this week. And to be fair it's not completely clear. Wowhead calls it a seasonal cap while the wow website calls it a weekly cap. So the definitions are a bit blurry right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it is a lack of proper communication from Blizzard, or the lack of comprehension from players, but funnily enough it seems people really aren't sure how the valor cap actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I don't know if it is a lack of proper communication from Blizzard, or the lack of comprehension from players, but funnily enough it seems people really aren't sure how the valor cap actually works.
    It's lack of proper wording from Blizzard and wishful thinking from us

Right now it takes 37 m+ to reach the cap. If you get to 5000 pts this week, u will be 5000/5750 next week. If you think you can farm 5000 this week and then next week you'll be 0/5750, you are smoking crack.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Right now it takes 37 m+ to reach the cap. If you get to 5000 pts this week, u will be 5000/5750 next week. If you think you can farm 5000 this week and then next week you'll be 0/5750, you are smoking crack.
    I could use quite common quote on these forums "nobody forces you to do everything" but I agree that these numbers are "a bit" absurd. So are either the upgrade prices or the fact that once you've spent points you can't refarm them for the rest of the season. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I could use quite common quote on these forums "nobody forces you to do everything" but I agree that these numbers are "a bit" absurd. So are either the upgrade prices or the fact that once you've spent points you can't refarm them for the rest of the season. Or both.
    I agree but I don't think blizz would ever encourage doing 50+ m+ a week at any point of the season. Im not a big fan of how the Valor system was implemented. We will see next week

I'm very worried about the seasonal cap. Basically it means you should stockpile your valor as much as possible and avoid upgrading low level pieces. Upgrading a single 2h weapon from rank 1 to 12 will be a seasons worth of valor (12000) at the current rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bohoo, i actually have to play my alt to gear it. HOW DARE YOU BLIZZ!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    I'm very worried about the seasonal cap. Basically it means you should stockpile your valor as much as possible and avoid upgrading low level pieces. Upgrading a single 2h weapon from rank 1 to 12 will be a seasons worth of valor (12000) at the current rate.
    Yes, that's exactly my problem with this system. It requires season-long planning and hoping for the best. I'd prefer if there was weekly&held cap of 1500 so there would be no serious disadvantage of spending valor on your current gear instead of hoarding them for high level one.

Yes, that's exactly my problem with this system. It requires season-long planning and hoping for the best. I'd prefer if there was weekly&held cap of 1500 so there would be no serious disadvantage of spending valor on your current gear instead of hoarding them for high level one.
    That would be a good solution. I would consider a daily cap of like 500 as an alternative, so you could get 3500 a week every week but not farm endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Bohoo, i actually have to play my alt to gear it. HOW DARE YOU BLIZZ!
    I'm afraid that even if the system was to my liking (able to refarm valor in some way) then you'd still have to play (quite a lot) in order to get & upgrade gear.

That would be a good solution. I would consider a daily cap of like 500 as an alternative, so you could get 3500 a week every week but not farm endlessly.
    That's an awesome idea as well but I'd still be cheering for weekly instead of daily because some people would feel forced to do 4 dungeons daily, what could be tough if you work & raid (not to mention e.x. wanting to spend some time with family).
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-03-11 at 01:44 PM.

Its very punishing the way its implemented. Can't imagine saving all season long, working up to +15s, finally getting your 2h weap, spending 3000 to upgrade it to 220, then next week getting your 226 2h in vault lol. That 3000 could've then been 2 rings, a neck, and a cape from 210-220 lol. Might only use the Valor on the cheap stuff tbh

Sadly it's quite obvious that the cap is not weekly but seasonal. Even the wording isn't precise about that (I'm backing up Arainie's comparison to salary) knowing Blizzard it's quite clear that if we spend our valor this week, the next one we will get a whooping amount of 750. I can only hope that Blizzard stealth-changes it but right now it looks like being made that you are allowed to upgrade 1-3 items entire season instead of catch-up mechanics I expected it to be (especially mythic CN race is over, hall of fame is closed and xrealm is allowed).
    It never was intended to be a catch up mechanic. It was supposed to be a backup system to bad luck.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Well nobody is realistically going to upgrade a weapon from 1 to 12. You need KSM to upgrade to 12 and if you have KSM you're most likely doing +15 which drops 210 gear (rank 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It never was intended to be a catch up mechanic. It was supposed to be a backup system to bad luck.
    Perhaps my expectation were too high for wanting this to be useful