Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you recommend DK for pvp?

Hey!

The questions is pretty straight forward, would you recommend DK for pvp? I've been playing different casters since WoTLK, but recently switched to playing Arms alt. Looking at DK they seem to have some of the coolest abilities.

/Bonus

Looking at rankings I'd say, they are ok.

Frost is all about that one AoE burst combined with the necrolord ability. If that fails you need to wait for your next burst in arena.

Unholy is a constant pain for your enemies.

The downside on dk is the lack of mobility. If you think the most fun abilities of your arms is charge and jump, you gonna have a sad time with DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Looking at rankings I'd say, they are ok.

Frost is all about that one AoE burst combined with the necrolord ability. If that fails you need to wait for your next burst in arena.

Unholy is a constant pain for your enemies.

The downside on dk is the lack of mobility. If you think the most fun abilities of your arms is charge and jump, you gonna have a sad time with DK.
    Switching between the two Frost/Unholy makes it very much viable in Arena/M+, right? Unholy with its unmatched AOE and Frost with its burst?
    I might try it out, I like the idea of a plate-"tank" (not raiding, tank, but actual tank) that plows through the Arena or M+

Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonus View Post
    Hey!

The questions is pretty straight forward, would you recommend DK for pvp? I've been playing different casters since WoTLK, but recently switched to playing Arms alt. Looking at DK they seem to have some of the coolest abilities.

/Bonus

Well, if you have friends that you do arena with, I would say sure DK is great for pvp. Not amazing, but you can do well with it. Now if you're queuing solo, then no, I wouldn't recommend it. There are far more fun (subjective I know) and easier classes to climb rating with. Your overall question is really quite vague for me to give you a good answer, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    Well, if you have friends that you do arena with, I would say sure DK is great for pvp. Not amazing, but you can do well with it. Now if you're queuing solo, then no, I wouldn't recommend it. There are far more fun (subjective I know) and easier classes to climb rating with. Your overall question is really quite vague for me to give you a good answer, to be honest.
    That's fair
    I do play regularly with the same group of friends, we're by no means pros, we just enjoy the game (wins/losses alike).
    I don't see myself pushing for 2k+ rating in the arena, I am more of a social player than a "hardcore" player. For M+ we aim for the weekly 15 key, but it's not always our busy schedule allows for it.

I hope this clarifies anything for you? If not, please let me know and I will try to elaborate more.

by what you've descibed I agree with everyone else, I think frost / Unholy DK would be easier in M+ (Dmg per effort) and frost DK is much easier in pvp. setup and execution. I have loads of fun on the shadow priest but when it comes to just doing BG's or arenas with friends and having a fun Friday night, I'd rather be melee any day TBH.

Cheers :-)
    I'll give Frost/Unholy a shot and see how it works out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is very squishy and is hard to get your damage rolling when you are locked behind so many GCDs. But if you survive long enough to get the damage rolling you're more or less set.

Cool - I'll give frost a shot, seem easier based on everybody experience.
    Find de bedste danske spillemaskiner her.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. For PVP I would recommend classes that have CC, Frost, Fire, Boomkin.

How can I describe Frost in pvp. It's like punching the air in one of those dreams and you can't connect. Your whole kit has short range, short duration, short everything, Pillar's duration is so short. Blinding sleet is literally punching air, same with Chillstreak, if you don't execute Chill streak properly, it basically does zero damage.
    And the entire FDK kit is stipulated like that, it's not something you read in the talents or something people warn you about, you discover all of it trying to hit 1200 solo queue and you can barely even do that.

DKs are not in a good spot, design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonus View Post
    Cool - I'll give frost a shot, seem easier based on everybody experience.
    The key to frost is the chill streak pvp talent and the absolute zero legendary. Youll be attacking 1 person, pop remorseless winter, make sure disease is on them and cds are rdy. Then you'll grip the 2nd target on top of your kill target, frostwyrm fury which will stun both with your lego for 3 secs. Chill streak which will bounce between your targets, and then abom arm / ERW / PoF with obliteration. This is your burst.

I'm late to this post but I wanna say yes because there's not nearly enough FDK's for my WW to team up with and that comp is great.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

DK's are pretty good and simple for PVP, but the simplicity of frost and its damage is meh for PvE and Unholy, while fun has scaling issues that wont likely be fixed any time soon, and have problems literally keeping up because wraith walk is unreliable. I love the class fantasy but don't really want to be on something that gets old or is guaranteed to be riddled with issues for the near future. Ive heard something that as a spec, Unholy will strait up keep scaling awfully as they release better and better gear and other classes pull farther and farther ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gennaro Hickle View Post
    Ive heard something that as a spec, Unholy will strait up keep scaling awfully as they release better and better gear and other classes pull farther and farther ahead.
    Burst DPS from many specs is a bit to high right now in PVP to make uptime specs a la frost and unholy worth to even spend time in arena.
    It doesnt even matter that selfhealing, frost and unholys biggest defense mechanic is outperformed by factors with other classes, even pure DPS classes outheal not only DKs but outheal frost / unholy DPS - if pure DPS classes can just facetank a deathknight spamming death strike you know whats the problem with balance.

RBG's are booming, arena not so much. That should tell you everything you need to know about the state of PVP.
    -

Frost is a braindead spec and Unholy is weaker so I wouldn't recommend this class in PvP to anyone.

Plenty of good shooters out there. Also Moba's are really fun for pvp.

Generally people can be toxic but you need some tough skin on you if you really want to pvp anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Plenty of good shooters out there. Also Moba's are really fun for pvp.

Generally people can be toxic but you need some tough skin on you if you really want to pvp anyway
    You are talking about Death Knights in PvP... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You are talking about Death Knights in PvP... right?
    I'm talking about pvp games.

Wow isnt a pvp game

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm talking about pvp games.

Wow isnt a pvp game
    So you don't recommend DKs for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So you don't recommend DKs for pvp?
    I recommend playing a good pvp game if you genuinely want to pvp.

The rest of us just do it for the gear