Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    37 executive orders in 50 days. He will need to pick up the pace if he wants to break Roosevelt's record.
    He had a lot of unfucking to do after Trump fucked the country for the last 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    37 executive orders in 50 days. He will need to pick up the pace if he wants to break Roosevelt's record.
    Yeah, imagine becoming president during a pandemic, where for the previous year, all the president did is find way to make him self and other billionaires money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He had a lot of unfucking to do after Trump fucked the country for the last 4 years.
    It’s not even that... There is an ongoing pandemic, there is a right wing extremist movement that tried to take over the government, Iran’s terrorist killed and injured Americans to then ask to return to peace talks...

Which they all have to do alone, since GOP is too busy bitching about Lola Bunny boobs...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, imagine becoming president during a pandemic, where for the previous year, all the president did is find way to make him self and other billionaires money.
    Did it snow again? There's all this salt on the road. Means moar victory laps are in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Did it snow again? There's all this salt on the road. Means moar victory laps are in order.
    For people who still carry around memorabilia with 2020 on it... they sure have a lack of foresight...

Edit: I just realized we will have a lot of people who remember 2020 as the last great year, because regardless of all the shit 2020 put us through... it will be the last year they had Trump as president...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I just realized we will have a lot of people who remember 2020 as the last great year, because regardless of all the shit 2020 put us through... it will be the last year they had Trump as president...
    And for Trumpkins to wax nostalgic for 2020, wherein the world was suffering a global "plague"; well, that just sort of writes itself, doesn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I expect the racist stuff to get amplified more than anything when it comes to 2020.
    Agreed. Hopefully it will be a case of it getting worse before it crescendos and then is crushed, but we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Anyone expecting progressive policies to take hold in the near future are in for a rough time. There aren't enough progressives with seats and as long as the Republican party exists it will be an uphill battle.
    HR1

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Reconciliation passes, bills in general still require 10 Republicans.
    Part of me wants to see them push a vote on HR1 and watch the GOP filibuster it and refuse to bring any other issue to the floor and keep pushing that issue until manchin actually agrees to nuke it just to move on.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Part of me wants to see them push a vote on HR1 and watch the GOP filibuster it and refuse to bring any other issue to the floor and keep pushing that issue until manchin actually agrees to nuke it just to move on.
    A long drawn out battle over HR1 would be one of many good ways that democrats can move forward. The more the press is sort of forced to talk about republican voter suppression that is out in the open, the better. But right now I want to enjoy the recent victory We do need a lot more victories going forward to gain full momentum going into 2022, but now its time to just ... be happy!

And if democrats can really do another reconciliation bill after October of this year, well that opens up a LOT of possibilities.

Right now republicans are pretty much NOT attacking the stimulus bill, and democrats are giving it full out support. This is having the predictable result of increasing its popularity as people discuss all the good things in the bill.

There is no reason to rush the next set of bills to push through. Let this victory sink in to everyone's conscience first. Plus its fun savoring a victory for a change

@Omega10

Agreed, celebrate the victory we have now but be prepared because that was one it took them effectively blowing their cool downs to force through.

And HR1 is a bill they NEED to get passed before the redistricting next year or else it won't have the full impact it needs for at least another decade unless a forced redistricting is amended to it. And that is a long time to have the GOP getting an advantage the will of the people actually say they shouldn't have and will take the first advantage they need to remove it at all costs before the next redistricting and they would do a lot to get the majority and promise as well just to prevent that loss of power.

I think the Democrats need to FORCE HR1 HARD after this with non-stop efforts. Literally force the GOP to filibuster it where NOTHING can get done so long as it is in place. It will force them to talk about HR1 and it will further prove who they are many of the less deluded voters when they are voting for people who are outright voting against fair elections where the stuff in the bill really can't be attacked.

They push this and within 10 months of not a single bill getting passed on anything because of the filibuster, Manchin will have to vote to Nuke it otherwise he will look even worse.

And by push it, I mean keep it in session 5 days per week, every week for the next 10 months and have the entire thing be about that.

In North Carolina, the GOP attempted to override a veto but lacked the votes so kept refusing to hold the vote so long as everyone is in attendance. Take a play from that playbook, keep it in session and keep them there and keep voting to close the filibuster on HR1 until they either get the support to nuke the filibuster or enough of the GOP stay home or throw their hands up that it is voted on.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Are Biden and Harris ok and still in office?

We hear nothing about them here in the UK.

It's like they suddenly vanished into thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by PetalExpress View Post
    Are Biden and Harris ok and still in office?

We hear nothing about them here in the UK.

It's like they suddenly vanished into thin air.
    Trying so hard, but I hope everyone sees through this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trying so hard, but I hope everyone sees through this bullshit.
    A person has to be a massive massive loser to make a burner account on a gaming forum to troll people about politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    A person has to be a massive massive loser to make a burner account on a gaming forum to troll people about politics.
    Imagine what a loser they must be when it's burner #317

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Imagine what a loser they must be when it's burner #317
    I know, right? Being left with nothing but memes on ban-evading alts must be so humiliating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I know, right? Being left with nothing but memes on ban-evading alts must be so humiliating.
    Occasionally they’ll snap and start lashing out at people before they get banned again. To which I always tell them... take a walk... get a hobby... maybe go volunteer or something. A WoW fan forum cannot be worth the heart problems.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I dispute your assertion of Bush jr having some sort of intelligence...
    I understand but give credit where credit is due.
    Bush JR was smart enough to understand that he wasn't smart and that's why he hired smart people
    Trump thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and when people pointed the opposite he fired them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Bush JR was smart enough to understand that he wasn't smart and that's why he hired smart people
    And he had a bunch of his father's friends to help do exactly this. Biden has basically the same benefit -- a massive cache of strong talent he's worked with before to call on. Trump...did not, and he fired all his competent staff and replaced them with yes-men.

There's more we could discuss about W, but probably not in this thread so much.

Executive orders isn't a metric to measure real meaningful change.

Shit, I forgot we're back to executive orders being bad again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Shit, I forgot we're back to executive orders being bad again.
    Heh, there's already a great way to defend against that hypocrisy. Many (most?) of Biden's E.O.'s have been undoing Trump's. Therefore, Biden is removing things that are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Heh, there's already a great way to defend against that hypocrisy. Many (most?) of Biden's E.O.'s have been undoing Trump's. Therefore, Biden is removing things that are bad.
    1 - 1 = 0!

Trump and Biden have done no executive orders! Everything is sunshine and rainbows now.