Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you be alright with transmog being added to classic + servers?

Kind of curious to see what people think overall. Personally I would be all for it in an altered or specialized classic server for it. While I can see why you wouldn't want it on the first run of a server to have transmog as it would create bizarre economic changes to the game ( that useless green suddenly is worth thousands of gold from a removed apperance for example).

Now though that we are looking at a classic plus scenario with the chance of new content being added that was never in the original game what are your thoughts on the change? Is it still to far removed from the spirit of classic?

Not sure where your information is coming from but there is absolutely 0% chance of a classic+ server at all in any form. Blizzard have never given any kind of hint, it's all come from forum users.

Nah, I loved transmog when it came out on retail and still obsess over getting the perfect mog when I play it, but for classic its part of your identity having certain pieces of gear. They stand out more and everyone can see you have them. The weapons, the guy in the full set or with onslaught girdle is easily seen, and I think that's important for how you see your character and it's progression. Wouldn't be massively opposed to it but rather not.

If they allow transmog, you should be able to toggle seeing other people's transmogs.

1. See enemy transmogs: On/Off
    2. See friendly transmogs: On/Off
    3. See guild member transmogs: On/Off
    4. See friend transmogs: On/Off
    5. See your own transmog: On/Off

For example, Off - Off - On - Off - On
    You would only see your own, and your guild member's transmog.

Even though friend is off, if your friend is also a guild member, you would see his transmog.

No.

A character's appearance should represent their power, if someone wears T3, they should look like it, not run around halfnaked for the lulz.
    Similiarly, a character that just wears a green clownsuit, should look weak and not have some stylish set transmogged over it.

#nochanges except for all the changes i want to make this boring mess bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    #nochanges except for all the changes i want to make this boring mess bearable.
    retail is dead bud

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    If they allow transmog, you should be able to toggle seeing other people's transmogs.

1. See enemy transmogs: On/Off
    2. See friendly transmogs: On/Off
    3. See guild member transmogs: On/Off
    4. See friend transmogs: On/Off
    5. See your own transmog: On/Off

For example, Off - Off - On - Off - On
    You would only see your own, and your guild member's transmog.

Even though friend is off, if your friend is also a guild member, you would see his transmog.
    This is a nice idea, even for Retail, but Blizzard will never do something like this, sadly. I personally don't care about an option like this because I like transmog (and don't play Classic), but I think it's important to give player more choices overall.

This is an example of a change that fundamentally undermines the persistent world that makes classic different from retail. They should do things like adding the modern grouping tools (not an automated finder) and the updated auction house, but they shouldn't do anything that violates the persistent world.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Not sure where your information is coming from but there is absolutely 0% chance of a classic+ server at all in any form. Blizzard have never given any kind of hint, it's all come from forum users.
    they sent out a survey of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    retail is dead bud
    LOL /char

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    This is a nice idea, even for Retail, but Blizzard will never do something like this, sadly. I personally don't care about an option like this because I like transmog (and don't play Classic), but I think it's important to give player more choices overall.
    If they had smart people working for them, they could do it. The problem is... when corporations become too big, they are forced to hire dumb people, as quotas for this and that need to be met. As with every corporation, it is founded by a team of smart people, and as it gets bigger, the smart people usually don't have cunning necessary to keep their power from being usurped by professional corporate ladder climbers.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool.
    The amount of effort and time it took to get some gear in Classic was astronomical, so hey, let the person show it off while wearing their best stats still, I say.

Also, if only they made Classic+... I'd love to see if they went in a different direction with the story or hell, explored some of the areas we didn't get, like the deeper areas of Strat, the raid entrance in Strat... etc etc.
    There's lots in Classic that got axed that I'd love if they went back and gave us. Keep the graphics the same as Vanilla, same atmosphere, same level of difficulty/time-involved stuff. I think there's some genuine room for intrigue there. Clearly we know Classic is successful and making Blizzard money, as opposed to what people originally thought, why not toss a few bucks to give people something genuinely new to check out?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    There was a survey recently with some pretty interesting questions that can only relate to an updated version of classic going forward.

Issue with transmog in classic is there is not all that much to transmog.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    There was a survey recently with some pretty interesting questions that can only relate to an updated version of classic going forward.

Issue with transmog in classic is there is not all that much to transmog.
    I honestly see it more as a way to get retail players to jump in and hunt down specific transmog to carry over. Its why I wouldn't suggest doing it until classic,classic played itself out since it would have rather significant impact on multiple parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I honestly see it more as a way to get retail players to jump in and hunt down specific transmog to carry over.
    So...why not ask for that instead of transmog for Classic?

Disregarding that we all know people are just going to primarily use for highly sought after items such as Ashbringer, which kinda devalues them on Retail.

I think at this point we all want to have our own personalised Classic server
    Transmog was not part of Vanilla or TBC. So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So...why not ask for that instead of transmog for Classic?

Disregarding that we all know people are just going to primarily use for highly sought after items such as Ashbringer, which kinda devalues them on Retail.
    More then fair to be honest... I think im gonna go make a post suggesting that archology get a reward to dig up past relics from the actually game... have players earn removed appearances through it and flesh out removed models with extra lore tidbits.

I regret that early on I played for power... I just want my old naxx items back to late did I realize that all power fades...but cosmetics last forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you think there will be a classic+ type server especially with new content being released to it since Blizzard has already announced that classic servers will progress into BC servers once BC goes live and how you'll have to transfer OFF the classic servers if you want to continue to have just a vanilla WoW experience.

No thanks
    The only thing I'd want would be skins, mounts and pets being unlockable in classic to be used in retail
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    No thanks
    The only thing I'd want would be skins, mounts and pets being unlockable in classic to be used in retail
    That would anger the people who bought the unobtainable vanilla items from black market AH for ridiculous amounts of gold.