Thread: Maw dead?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The maw is actually one of blizzard's greatest success stories since the mage tower.

They set out to make a tedious unwelcoming zone that players wouldn't want to be in. It is one of the few pieces of content that managed to achieve everything it set out to do.

Now we are just left to wonder WHY those were its goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I hit max rep with Venari I kinda stopped going there unless I am sent for my covenant calling. That and to get my souls for the week but I am capped on those and at 40 renown so I might actually have no reason to go unless I want to farm stygia for some reason.

Its dead a bit yes, but try wensdays when most ppl go there. I still do my weekly's + the shadehound mount chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    The maw is actually one of blizzard's greatest success stories since the mage tower.

They set out to make a tedious unwelcoming zone that players wouldn't want to be in. It is one of the few pieces of content that managed to achieve everything it set out to do.

Now we are just left to wonder WHY those were its goals.
    lol....Well....yea haha :P Still Im a druid so it was never that bad for me...Druid life...Why I played mine since vanilla, its simply the best class in wow, at least for my playstyle aka doing all content in wow since I collect stuff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I didnt enjoy a zone where I was forced to waddle around everywhere without a ground mount. Im still just barely revered cause I didnt even feel like doing the weekly venari quests most of the time. I don't care if I don't have the gem sockets. Its not worth my time to grind that horrible zone.
    To each their own. I was careful not to burn myself out, but whenever I went to the Maw I had a blast. Been sitting at appreciative with Ve'nari for a while now. As for sockets, I farmed just one for my legendary which I'm likely not replacing for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    To each their own. I was careful not to burn myself out, but whenever I went to the Maw I had a blast. Been sitting at appreciative with Ve'nari for a while now. As for sockets, I farmed just one for my legendary which I'm likely not replacing for the rest of the expansion.
    You will have to replace the legendary next patch when item level is higher and you have to get higher item level base.

You will have to replace the legendary next patch when item level is higher and you have to get higher item level base.
    I swear to god of that’s true I’m so fucking done with this game.

FUCK artificial “seasonal patch” re-grind shit

Where did you read that this would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by uwotm869 View Post
    I swear to god of that’s true I’m so fucking done with this game.

FUCK artificial “seasonal patch” re-grind shit

Where did you read that this would happen?
    Because that is how the system currently works..?? 225 needs a new base, 235 needs a new base. so 245 will need a new base.

Because that is how the system currently works..?? 225 needs a new base, 235 needs a new base. so 245 will need a new base.

Ah that’s what I expected to happen. I thought you were saying we’d have to start completely over from the lowest ilvl base, my bad.

Sure but the socket will remain, it's permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    we are powerfull enough to solo everything now so there is no need to group anymore
    Except Mythic Legion raids
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    From my understanding, while Korthia is going to be physically attached to the Maw, it'll be the main focus of 9.1 outdoor content, with very little being added to the current Maw itself (Maybe the outdoor raid area opening up at best?)
    No, it's only part of it. All of the Maw will get new content with things like Covenant assaults and story quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Sure but the socket will remain, it's permanent.
    Does the socket remain?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Does the socket remain?
    It does. There have been reports from players who upgraded their socketed legendaries that it didn't go away.

As a rogue i like the maw. I cant solo the 650k rates. But I can sneak around and complete All the quests easily. But I wish i had a reason to go there. All My conduits Are 226 and All My gemmable gear is gemmed .