Thread: Genshin Impact

I could use some team-building advice myself.

Thus far, there have been only two characters I've actually enjoyed using in a "main dps" role, and that's Beidou and, most recently, Keqing. Is it going to be a problem if my two main dps are the same elemental type?

Likewise, the only Pyro character I've ever tolerated using was Xiangling, and even then, Gouba's targeting (or lack thereof) has left much to be desired. Unlike me, however, the Genshin devs seem to have a real hard on for Pyro characters, so am I going to be screwing myself over if I only level and gear out a single Pyro character?

Finally, the main impetus for my questions is that I finally started giving Artifact domains a try, and realized that the later domains actively punish you for using the "wrong" elemental reaction. For example, in Level V of the Midsummer Courtyard domain (the one that gives Electro-based artifacts, like the Thundering Fury set), all of the enemies are Cryo-based and triggering Melt will cause extra damage to them, while your characters will take damage if you trigger Superconduct. As someone with a bunch of Electro characters and only a single Pyro character, such conditions seem more than a little daunting. While I have been able to complete the domain with just Xiangling and some supporting characters (Diona for shields, Qi Qi for healing), it was an arduous task.

So, again, is this a sign that I need to rethink which characters I've been focusing on, with an eye toward more varied elemental reaction compositions? Or, as always, is it possible to just ignore the conditions of a given Artifact domain if I've already leveled the characters and gear I currently have into the stratosphere?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    The thing with that is that you would have to either sacrifice a healer or albedo/zhongli. You'll lose some dps by doing that but it might not be by a massive amount assuming you equip thrilling tale of the dragonslayer on Sucrose.
    This is true, I thought the better Burst uptime would be far better than using albedo though.
    I'd go for more energy recharge first and foremost though, unlike Hu Tao or Childe, Xiao is useless without energy. At leaast Hu Tao and Childe only have a cooldown to work around with.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I could use some team-building advice myself.

Thus far, there have been only two characters I've actually enjoyed using in a "main dps" role, and that's Beidou and, most recently, Keqing. Is it going to be a problem if my two main dps are the same elemental type?

Likewise, the only Pyro character I've ever tolerated using was Xiangling, and even then, Gouba's targeting (or lack thereof) has left much to be desired. Unlike me, however, the Genshin devs seem to have a real hard on for Pyro characters, so am I going to be screwing myself over if I only level and gear out a single Pyro character?

Finally, the main impetus for my questions is that I finally started giving Artifact domains a try, and realized that the later domains actively punish you for using the "wrong" elemental reaction. For example, in Level V of the Midsummer Courtyard domain (the one that gives Electro-based artifacts, like the Thundering Fury set), all of the enemies are Cryo-based and triggering Melt will cause extra damage to them, while your characters will take damage if you trigger Superconduct. As someone with a bunch of Electro characters and only a single Pyro character, such conditions seem more than a little daunting. While I have been able to complete the domain with just Xiangling and some supporting characters (Diona for shields, Qi Qi for healing), it was an arduous task.

So, again, is this a sign that I need to rethink which characters I've been focusing on, with an eye toward more varied elemental reaction compositions? Or, as always, is it possible to just ignore the conditions of a given Artifact domain if I've already leveled the characters and gear I currently have into the stratosphere?

Beidou is usually not the "main DPS" type. She is a supporter. Her Burst works off-field and her E is a "switch and deal damage and switch back" type of skill.
    She isn't completely useless on-field obvioulsy, but there are better alternatives. It's easy enough to play the game with her as a main DPS though if you really want to commit, I'd understand, because Beidou is a freaking cool character and probably my favorite. You want C6 constellations then however.

You will get "correct elements" as time goes on, don't worry about it.
    Xiangling is already a good pyro unit. At C6 she provides a Pyro%Res debuff, a Pyro%dmg buff and has extremely high uptime on her Burst ability which hits for a lot and triggers or preps melt reactions.

If you need her now, don't worry and just build her. The aforementioned buffs/debuffs/support ability basically makes her a safe choice for any team. Maybe not the best addition, but still a good choice.

For team building advice however, we'd have to know which characters you own.
    Having access to more elements is obviously always good.
    If you haven't build Bennett yet, he should be your next target. When I was farming that domain early on, I used Physical DPS Keqing and Benett and C6 Fischl.
    The damage taken from the domain-affix is basicaly non-existent if you own Bennett, since he will just immediatly heal it up again while not being on the field and buffing your whole damage output.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-13 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i figured out today that Ningguang earth attacks are super effective at taking down cyro cicin mage shield in abyss. More than pyro characters.
    Managed to score 1/3 2/3 1/3 on last floor (enogh for primos).

What's the trick to avoid getting perma frozen when there are hydro slimes and cryo hilichurl archers? Only shields?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What's the trick to avoid getting perma frozen when there are hydro slimes and cryo hilichurl archers? Only shields?
    Don't you get frozen through shields, as well? There's no real trick except of dodging archers shots or killing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Beidou is usually not the "main DPS" type. She is a supporter. Her Burst works off-field and her E is a "switch and deal damage and switch back" type of skill.She isn't completely useless on-field obvioulsy, but there are better alternatives. It's easy enough to play the game with her as a main DPS though if you really want to commit, I'd understand, because Beidou is a freaking cool character and probably my favorite. You want C6 constellations then however.
    Yeah, I'm pretty committed to Beidou, to the point where I'd choose her over Keqing, if necessary. Part of the reason why I haven't liked any of the other, actually meta "main dps" is because I always felt "naked" whenever I played anyone that didn't have the counter ability offered by her Tidecaller skill. I know one can use her in a support fashion, and it's something I've experimented with, but switching back and forth to counter certain things always felt awkward.

And yeah, I already have her at C6.

Xiangling is already a good pyro unit. At C6 she provides a Pyro%Res debuff, a Pyro%dmg buff and has extremely high uptime on her Burst ability which hits for a lot and triggers or preps melt reactions.
    Yup, already have her at C6 as well.

For team building advice however, we'd have to know which characters you own.
    Ah, right. I, uh...actually have all of the currently available characters in the game (up to and including Hu Tao) with the exception of Xiao, Ganyu, and Diluc.

If you haven't build Bennett yet, he should be your next target. When I was farming that domain early on, I used Physical DPS Keqing and Benett and C6 Fischl.The damage taken from the domain-affix is basicaly non-existent if you own Bennett, since he will just immediatly heal it up again while not being on the field and buffing your whole damage output.
    I had always wondered what the point of a Physical DPS Keqing was, when I saw people talking about her. I guess it's specifically to get around elemental limitations, like those in the Artifact Domains?

And is Benett basically just used for his Burst? One of the reasons why I held off on using him is I found his Elemental Skill incredibly awkward to use.

Yeah, I'm pretty committed to Beidou, to the point where I'd choose her over Keqing, if necessary. Part of the reason why I haven't liked any of the other, actually meta "main dps" is because I always felt "naked" whenever I played anyone that didn't have the counter ability offered by her Tidecaller skill. I know one can use her in a support fashion, and it's something I've experimented with, but switching back and forth to counter certain things always felt awkward.

And yeah, I already have her at C6.
    Well, then use Beidou as main DPS. But switching characters back and forth is a thing with basically all characters, you want to use Burst and Elemental Skills as often as possible.
    Autoattack modifiers are pretty weak in comparrison to a switchero between characters. Although that too depends on the characters used I guess.

Yup, already have her at C6 as well.

Ah, right. I, uh...actually have all of the currently available characters in the game (up to and including Hu Tao) with the exception of Xiao, Ganyu, and Diluc.
    Okay, if you really want efficiency (biggest bang for the lowest amount of investment), build (in addition to your Keqing and/or Beidou which you seem to have build already) Albedo, Zhongli, Hu Tao, Xinqiu, and Bennett up. Hu Tao is big and easy to build, the 3* weapon is enough she would work well together with Beidou - you swith to Beidou whenever Hu Tao's E is on cooldown, use Beidous E to deal some insane burst damage, and simply switch big to Hu Tao whenver her E is ready again and you "feel like it", if you have Hu Tao's 5* weapon, even better, but don't worry about it. I'm using her with the 3* Weapon myself and with Xinqiu, I'm hitting *normal attacks* in the range of 15(first hit)-30k(last hit)
    Albedo works with the 3* weapon too (the one that adds crit when over X% HP and has a critdmg substat), Zhongli works with just about any weapon too, you want him for the %RES shred (among other stuff) mostly. Don't worry about Zhongli's damage.
    Bennett works in every team, even together with Hu Tao.

With these "support"-characters, you are set up for absolutely everything in the game.
    You can still use Beidou as your main DPS then, although I have no idea if her E works through shielded characters, as I neither own Albedo nor Zhongli myself (I just know how powerful they are)

I had always wondered what the point of a Physical DPS Keqing was, when I saw people talking about her. I guess it's specifically to get around elemental limitations, like those in the Artifact Domains?

And is Benett basically just used for his Burst? One of the reasons why I held off on using him is I found his Elemental Skill incredibly awkward to use.
    Bennett can be build as a budget Diluc that deals a lot of damage, but it's easier to build him as a heal/burst bot pyro energy battery.
    you just press E to regenerate particles or apply the pyro debuff, and use his burst to add ~800 ATK to everyone in your team while simultaniously make everyone invincible due to constant 4k healing ticks per second.

He can make use of the free R5 4* sword from the mountain area, even if you ignore his E.
    You just want energy recharge and a high enough base damage.
    The better the base damage and the ER%, the better he becomes as support.

After all that, you might want to look for a second healer.
    Since you said you own Jean, I'd go for her because she is both a healer AND a %RES shred. That's an extremely powerful combination.

teams could look like this.

1. Beidou, Jean (VV set), Hu tao, Xinqiu
    2. Albedo, Zhongli, (electro)Keqing, Bennett. - one of the 2 geos should use the set that improves elemental% dmg when they pick up a shield of the corresponding element. Since you are using mostly electro damage (almost exclusively), it's pretty much always up and a big increase in damage.

Both teams should be pretty much invincible.
    Team one has interrupt resistance and damage reduce due to bedou and xinqiu and good elemental reactions. Heal and %res shread through Jean.
    Team two has good off-field damage, a good main DPS that is strong on-field 100% of the time, heals and shields for days and ways to improve electro damage through shields and ATK bonuses and %RES shred through zhongli.
    Team two is also incredibly easy and "cheap" to build, but lacks output against certain elemental-shield enemies, keep that in mind when running abyss.

In fact, if I had access to all these characters myself, this is how my team would probably look like (due to how much I like Beidou myself.)

You can always switch around Xinqiu and add him to Keqing, as Electro-Charged elemental reactions are way stronger than most people say they are.
    If you use Xinqiu with Keqing, thundering fury is the better set, if you use the team 2 as I have written it down, the other set of the same domain (the one with +35% damage against enemies afflicted by electro) is better.
    Both Lion's Sword and Black Sword (BP Weapon) are good 4* weapons to use.
    For both team two variants.

You don't "need" a single 5* weapon this way and still do very, very respectable amounts of damage.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-13 at 11:42 AM.

Well, then use Beidou as main DPS. But switching characters back and forth is a thing with basically all characters, you want to use Burst and Elemental Skills as often as possible. Autoattack modifiers are pretty weak in comparrison to a switchero between characters. Although that too depends on the characters used I guess.
    When it comes to switching characters, I was specifically talking about when using Beidou. I just don't have the reflexes to switch to her from another character and press her E in time to counter certain things; things I would be able to counter if I was already just playing as Beidou. Ironically enough, that's part of the reason why I like playing Beidou: my reactions times aren't so good, to the point where standing there and pressing her E can sometimes be easier than dodging, for me at least.

Hu Tao is big and easy to build, the 3* weapon is enough she would work well together with Beidou - you swith to Beidou whenever Hu Tao's E is on cooldown, use Beidous E to deal some insane burst damage, and simply switch big to Hu Tao whenver her E is ready again and you "feel like it", if you have Hu Tao's 5* weapon, even better, but don't worry about it. I'm using her with the 3* Weapon myself and with Xinqiu, I'm hitting *normal attacks* in the range of 15(first hit)-30k(last hit)
    Is there a possible alternative to Hu Tao in your suggested line-up? I'm sorry, I'm just not all that fond of characters that do damage to themselves, for a variety of reasons. It's why I passed on Xiao, and I only pulled for Hu Tao to "waste" the built-up pity I had, so I could eventually try for Rosaria on Childe's banner.

I'm assuming that I'm meant to use Xingqui and Beidou to keep her protected, and Jean to top her up when necessary, but it still sounds like a composition that would make me anxious. The other team you described with "heals and shields for days" seems a bit more my speed, for example.

You can still use Beidou as your main DPS then, although I have no idea if her E works through shielded characters, as I neither own Albedo nor Zhongli myself (I just know how powerful they are)
    Her E does work through shields. It's actually based on her being "hit"; she doesn't have to take damage. Her C4 works the same way.

It's why she works well with Pyro characters, especially out in the open world: being effected by Burning can boost the damage of her E to max without having to perfectly counter stuff, and allows her C4 to remain active for much longer. With shields, she can do all that without ever taking damage.
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2021-03-13 at 01:28 PM.

You could also use Childe and Fischl instead of xinqiu + Hu Tao.
    Since childe+beidou are great for AoE DPS EC reactions and Fischl just adds to that even more due to her A4 passive.

Xinqiu is a great character though, it'd be such a waste not to use him.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-13 at 02:02 PM.

Xinqiu is a great character though, it'd be such a waste not to use him.
    I know, I do genuinely like him. I've seen some people in here say he's boring, but it feels great when you can delete three-fourths of a Large Pyro Slime's health bar with a single E. I also like the interruption resistance and passive healing his water swords provide afterwords.

It's Hu Tao I'm not fond of.

Would Xingqiu, Fischl and Beidou work instead? I'm also not all that fond of Childe, and the wonky cooldown of his Elemental Skill.

I know, I do genuinely like him. I've seen some people in here say he's boring, but it feels great when you can delete three-fourths of a Large Pyro Slime's health bar with a single E. I also like the interruption resistance and passive healing his water swords provide afterwords.

It's Hu Tao I'm not fond of.

Would Xingqiu, Fischl and Beidou work instead? I'm also not all that fond of Childe, and the wonky cooldown of his Elemental Skill.

Not as well, I'd rather go with something different instead, but currently can't think of anything.
    The idea behind Beidou/Fischl/Childe is that childe triggers the EC reaction, thus triggering Fischl A4, and both Fischl and Beidou apply electro to the surrounding enemies.
    Xinqiu + Electro works too, but I'm not sure who triggers what. Maybe it works just as well?

Not as well, I'd rather go with something different instead, but currently can't think of anything.
    The idea behind Beidou/Fischl/Childe is that childe triggers the EC reaction, thus triggering Fischl A4, and both Fischl and Beidou apply electro to the surrounding enemies.
    Xinqiu + Electro works too, but I'm not sure who triggers what. Maybe it works just as well?
    I may need to just mess around with both combinations (Hu Tao+Xinqui or Childe+Fischl) and decide which one I hate the least. Just out of curiosity, would it change anything if we removed Beidou entirely from the equation? Or would some combination with either Hu Tao or Childe still be considered optimal, based on what I currently have?

At the very least, you've given me plenty to think about, and I greatly appreciate all of the advice. The second team you suggested (Keqing, Albedo, Zhongli, Benett) definitely sounds doable, and I might just work on getting those four sorted while I figure out what I want to do in regards to your other team comp suggestions.

I may need to just mess around with both combinations (Hu Tao+Xinqui or Childe+Fischl) and decide which one I hate the least. Just out of curiosity, would it change anything if we removed Beidou entirely from the equation? Or would some combination with either Hu Tao or Childe still be considered optimal, based on what I currently have?

At the very least, you've given me plenty to think about, and I greatly appreciate all of the advice. The second team you suggested (Keqing, Albedo, Zhongli, Benett) definitely sounds doable, and I might just work on getting those four sorted while I figure out what I want to do in regards to your other team comp suggestions.
    It depends on what kinda player do you want to be. Do you wanna be a min maxer and farm a billion dungeons to try and get good artifacts? Or do you just want to be able to complete everything?

If you really like Beidou and wanna keep her out 90% of the time you could do something like use Barbara for heals and reactions then like Kaeya or Xiangling for their Q to also proc elemental reactions. You basically turn Beidou into a multi element character this way. I would also do a second electro for High Voltage elemental resonance. Fischl can work but she isn't as effective with Beidou as you want a faster attack character for a ton of Oz attacks but it can be nice to have a bow user sometimes.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-13 at 07:34 PM.

This is just their way of soft gating the progression. You will get all characters to a decent build to where domains become a joke eventually, unless you're the type to only build 1 character and refuse to play others (in which case...this game probably isn't for you).

When I first started, I had massive issues with domains as well and their counters and requiring different elements. Now, all of them are joke. It just takes time.

Also, if you do get your favorite dps to a really strong state, you can just ignore the "counters" as long as you have a shield and / or healer. People bring pyro characters to the petra domain without any care for the counter for pyro lol (including me).

- - - Updated - - -

It's what a lot of people use him for but he actually does quite a lot of burst damage himself. Going HP build for him is pointless. Go damage build and you'll do way more damage and lose a bit of healing but he heals so much anyways it doesn't matter. I should probably add that you shouldn't make this a priority at all. Switch your bennett to dps build after all your other characters are built up. Throw on basic hp artifacts on him at first and just use him as a buff bot.

For his elemental skill, just use the tap.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a possible alternative to Hu Tao in your suggested line-up? I'm sorry, I'm just not all that fond of characters that do damage to themselves, for a variety of reasons. It's why I passed on Xiao, and I only pulled for Hu Tao to "waste" the built-up pity I had, so I could eventually try for Rosaria on Childe's banner.
    Hu Taos health drain is 100% non-factor. She has really high hp and defense and she heals on her burst which is up very often. It's nothing like Xiao.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Albedo, Zhongli, (electro)Keqing, Bennett. - one of the 2 geos should use the set that improves elemental% dmg when they pick up a shield of the corresponding element. Since you are using mostly electro damage (almost exclusively), it's pretty much always up and a big increase in damage.
    I actually don't recommend this because Albedo constantly generates shields and if anyone other than the character with the artifact bonus picks it up, that bonus is lost. And this happens far more often than you think with albedo constantly generating shields.

For example, let's say albedo has the artifact bonus. You attack with keqing, electro shields are generated. You switch to albedo, pick it up and switch back to keqing. If you accidentally pick up another shield, the bonus is lost. With how many freaking shields he generates, it's a lot easier said than done to avoid picking it up again with keqing.

- - - Updated - - -

The second team you suggested (Keqing, Albedo, Zhongli, Benett) definitely sounds doable, and I might just work on getting those four sorted while I figure out what I want to do in regards to your other team comp suggestions.
    This is the team I'm currently using right now. It's working out very well for me. I have 2pc TF and 2 pc noblesse on keqing and built bennet into a dps build and I just use this party as a burst comp essentially with charged attacks from keqing during occasional downtime.

My first team is diona, hu tao, chonyun, xingqiu. This comp is beast because you will always be guaranteed either vaporize or melt.

I have a lot of optimizations to do with these 2 comps (in terms of artifact builds) but even without it, it's performing really well atm.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-13 at 08:40 PM.

@Yunru

How is your Ningguang going? What constellation is she and does she have 4 piece Archaic Petra?!?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It depends on what kinda player do you want to be. Do you wanna be a min maxer and farm a billion dungeons to try and get good artifacts? Or do you just want to be able to complete everything?
    I'm definitely not a min-maxer, but I do like to have a long-term goal when it comes to developing my characters. I care primarily about story content and exploring stuff, which admittedly doesn't require super maxed-out characters, but there's also not a whole let else to do in the game in between new content drops besides leveling stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you really like Beidou and wanna keep her out 90% of the time you could do something like use Barbara for heals and reactions then like Kaeya or Xiangling for their Q to also proc elemental reactions. You basically turn Beidou into a multi element character this way. I would also do a second electro for High Voltage elemental resonance. Fischl can work but she isn't as effective with Beidou as you want a faster attack character for a ton of Oz attacks but it can be nice to have a bow user sometimes.
    I actually had a team of just Beidou, Xiangling, Fischl, and Qi Qi for quite some time. It worked fine enough for world content, but it's still kind of lacking in the elemental reactions department, especially when it comes to certain domains and the Abyss.

Besides Fischl and Beidou, is there any other Electro Support-type DPS worth mentioning? I mean, I guess there's Lisa, but I thought she was like Amber in that she needed quite a few of her Constellations unlocked to even be worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Also, if you do get your favorite dps to a really strong state, you can just ignore the "counters" as long as you have a shield and / or healer. People bring pyro characters to the petra domain without any care for the counter for pyro lol (including me).
    Yeah, again, I was wondering if that was the case. It seems like there's a lot of stuff in the game that can be ignored if one builds up their characters enough. That said, it also seems like Artifacts represent one of the biggest boosts to power, so I'm not sure how I can get to the point where I can ignore the conditions of an artifact domain without already having decent artifacts. Is just maxing out one's characters and weapons really enough?

For his elemental skill, just use the tap.
    I guess I thought I was supposed to be getting fancy with charging it, instead. Just tapping it definitely sounds less tedious.

Hu Taos health drain is 100% non-factor. She has really high hp and defense and she heals on her burst which is up very often. It's nothing like Xiao.
    Ugh, I guess it's really just a personal mind goblin for me.

In general, I tend to prefer "tankier" characters in most things I play, which is what initially attracted me to Beidou and Noelle before her. In MMOs or MOBAs, I would usually play a tank or the closest equivalent, for example. I would much rather outlast an opponent, than break myself demolishing them in one hit. I don't necessarily mind glass cannons, but there's just something about characters who purposefully cause damage to themselves that's just anathema to me and my more defensive mindset.

Another part of it is just straight up OCD. I hate seeing my characters wander around with anything less than a full healthbar after a fight and it seems like, with Hu Tao, you kind of always want her at less than max health for the sake of boosting her damage, and that would really bug me.

Actually, on the subject of keeping characters at max health, that's part of the reason why I always had either Qi Qi or Barbara in any of the teams I made previously, is I liked to always have a healing skill that I could use "on demand". Even if I didn't end up needing it during a fight, I liked having the ability to top off all of my characters afterwords, if need be.

So, like, what do the rest of ya'll do when it comes to any "incidental" damage that your characters might have taken, if you don't likewise run more "dedicated" healing characters like Qi Qi and Barbara? Am I in the minority here, and the rest of you just aren't bother by a less than full health bar? Do you just munch on food, instead?

I actually don't recommend this because Albedo constantly generates shields and if anyone other than the character with the artifact bonus picks it up, that bonus is lost. And this happens far more often than you think with albedo constantly generating shields.
    This is the team I'm currently using right now. It's working out very well for me. I have 2pc TF and 2 pc noblesse on keqing and built bennet into a dps build and I just use this party as a burst comp essentially with charged attacks from keqing during occasional downtime.
    I'm a little confused, here. It seems like you are using the exact set up that KrayZ was suggesting. Did you misread what he wrote?

My first team is diona, hu tao, chonyun, xingqiu. This comp is beast because you will always be guaranteed either vaporize or melt.
    So, if I had to guess how a comp like that would work, it goes: Shield up with Diona, throw down Chongyun's E, use Charge attack with Hu Tao's E to tag enemies with Blood Blossom, and then if anything with a mark is still alive after Hu Tao's E ends, you Vaporize them with Xinqiu's E?

And then, when it comes to Bursts, you use Xinqiu's Burst before going into Hu Tao's E, you whack enemies with Hu Tao's Burst after her E ends, and if whatever it is is still alive after all that, hit 'em with Chongyun's Burst too? And I guess you only throw down Diona's if you really need the healing, and Hu Tao's Burst isn't available?

Edit: Oh and as always, thanks for all the advice guys! I should probably have been asking some of these questions sooner....
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2021-03-14 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    @Yunru

How is your Ningguang going? What constellation is she and does she have 4 piece Archaic Petra?!?
    Slowed progress now as i lvl up hu-tao right now (xp books and mora).

She is max constelation, but 4 set Archaic Petra kinda sucks.....way to rng for damage (and extra work as i have to apply pyro, switch geo, remove pyro to create crystal and then pick it up).

Planing to switch 2x gladiators finale (wich i will probaly farm up anyway when farming bosses on hu-tao).

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Slowed progress now as i lvl up hu-tao right now (xp books and mora).

She is max constelation, but 4 set Archaic Petra kinda sucks.....way to rng for damage (and extra work as i have to apply pyro, switch geo, remove pyro to create crystal and then pick it up).

Planing to switch 2x gladiators finale (wich i will probaly farm up anyway when farming bosses on hu-tao).
    I've just checked my own Ningguang with an optimizer to see what my best artifact setups would be, and in the top 10 options, there are only 2 with 2-piece Petra, and they're only in the middle of the pack too.
    The rest (and the best ones) are mostly just 2-Glad and 3 completely random pieces with good substats.
    ...which is somewhat expected I guess, but it's kinda crazy how I've spent so much resin farming the Geo domain for artifacts, and turns out it was basically pointless. (Original plan was to go 2-Petra 2-Glad, which I've been using till now)

I guess the takeaway from all this is that maybe you shouldn't sweat the setbonus too much either, it's really not like anything would give her as much of a power boost as something like 4-piece Crimson Witch for a reverse vape Diluc.
    Last edited by bajcli; 2021-03-14 at 10:32 AM.

Yeah, again, I was wondering if that was the case. It seems like there's a lot of stuff in the game that can be ignored if one builds up their characters enough. That said, it also seems like Artifacts represent one of the biggest boosts to power, so I'm not sure how I can get to the point where I can ignore the conditions of an artifact domain without already having decent artifacts. Is just maxing out one's characters and weapons really enough?
    You could do what I did and do co-op for the max lv domains. Farming the lower ones for the 4* artifacts just aren't worth your time with how crappy the rng for these artifacts are. Might as well just start farming the 5* from the start. So this is what you should do, do co-op (if you can't do the max level domains) for a bit. If you get good 5* artifacts, then equip those. If not, equip the good 4* artifacts and just keep doing it like that until you can do the domains solo. It won't take very long. Only took me like...5 co-op domains. I'm assuming you are at least ar 45? I probably should've asked that first.

Also do the daily artifact route for loads of free artifact xp.

Ugh, I guess it's really just a personal mind goblin for me.

In general, I tend to prefer "tankier" characters in most things I play, which is what initially attracted me to Beidou and Noelle before her. In MMOs or MOBAs, I would usually play a tank or the closest equivalent, for example. I would much rather outlast an opponent, than break myself demolishing them in one hit. I don't necessarily mind glass cannons, but there's just something about characters who purposefully cause damage to themselves that's just anathema to me and my more defensive mindset.

Another part of it is just straight up OCD. I hate seeing my characters wander around with anything less than a full healthbar after a fight and it seems like, with Hu Tao, you kind of always want her at less than max health for the sake of boosting her damage, and that would really bug me.

Actually, on the subject of keeping characters at max health, that's part of the reason why I always had either Qi Qi or Barbara in any of the teams I made previously, is I liked to always have a healing skill that I could use "on demand". Even if I didn't end up needing it during a fight, I liked having the ability to top off all of my characters afterwords, if need be.

So, like, what do the rest of ya'll do when it comes to any "incidental" damage that your characters might have taken, if you don't likewise run more "dedicated" healing characters like Qi Qi and Barbara? Am I in the minority here, and the rest of you just aren't bother by a less than full health bar? Do you just munch on food, instead?
    The thing is, hu tao isn't a glass cannon. That describes xiao more accurately. He loses health to do more damage but needs lots of love to cover for that weakness. With hu tao, she's more like a death knight in WOW (if you've played that). She has so much self sustain. As for your last question / point, I guess it's just a mindset thing. For me, if I have full health, I didn't do enough damage. You only need 1 hp at the end of the fight. Some people can't play like that. It's same thing with mana in games that have that kind of system. I always feel dirty if I have full mana at the end of a fight because that means I didn't use enough during the fight.

I'm a little confused, here. It seems like you are using the exact set up that KrayZ was suggesting. Did you misread what he wrote?
    He suggested using 4 pc petra set, which I disagreed with. I don't think you should use 4 pc petra with an albedo in the group. I go with 2 pc noblesse and 2 pc petra on zhongli.

So, if I had to guess how a comp like that would work, it goes: Shield up with Diona, throw down Chongyun's E, use Charge attack with Hu Tao's E to tag enemies with Blood Blossom, and then if anything with a mark is still alive after Hu Tao's E ends, you Vaporize them with Xinqiu's E?

And then, when it comes to Bursts, you use Xinqiu's Burst before going into Hu Tao's E, you whack enemies with Hu Tao's Burst after her E ends, and if whatever it is is still alive after all that, hit 'em with Chongyun's Burst too? And I guess you only throw down Diona's if you really need the healing, and Hu Tao's Burst isn't available?

Edit: Oh and as always, thanks for all the advice guys! I should probably have been asking some of these questions sooner....
    The rotation I do when starting on chamber 1 (so when hu tao has full health) is: chongyun e -> chongyun burst -> xingqiu burst -> xingqiu e (x2 if it procs) -> diona e -> diona burst -> hu tao e -> hu tao burst -> hu tao charged attack spam.

I'm wondering if I've been massively overrating the 33% pyro bonus on hu tao. The 200 EM bonus from diona's c6 might be stronger, idk though and too lazy to find out. If anyone wants to do the math for it, greatly appreciated

edit: I just remembered that I have staff of homa...so that's another factor to think about whether it's better or worse to be above 50% hp....haha that's why I haven't really bothered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    I've just checked my own Ningguang with an optimizer to see what my best artifact setups would be, and in the top 10 options, there are only 2 with 2-piece Petra, and they're only in the middle of the pack too.
    The rest (and the best ones) are mostly just 2-Glad and 3 completely random pieces with good substats.
    ...which is somewhat expected I guess, but it's kinda crazy how I've spent so much resin farming the Geo domain for artifacts, and turns out it was basically pointless. (Original plan was to go 2-Petra 2-Glad, which I've been using till now)

I guess the takeaway from all this is that maybe you shouldn't sweat the setbonus too much either, it's really not like anything would give her as much of a power boost as something like 4-piece Crimson Witch for a reverse vape Diluc.
    Ya that was pretty well known. But I think it would have to be a massive difference and have 3 of them. If it's like difference of 1% extra attack or something tiny like that, the set bonus artifact is probably better. I have a shiton of artifacts and I can't really say I have 3 god-like artifacts (spare) to put on a character in favor of losing the extra set bonus.

Btw, got link for this optimizer?
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-14 at 07:56 PM.

I'm definitely not a min-maxer, but I do like to have a long-term goal when it comes to developing my characters. I care primarily about story content and exploring stuff, which admittedly doesn't require super maxed-out characters, but there's also not a whole let else to do in the game in between new content drops besides leveling stuff up.

I actually had a team of just Beidou, Xiangling, Fischl, and Qi Qi for quite some time. It worked fine enough for world content, but it's still kind of lacking in the elemental reactions department, especially when it comes to certain domains and the Abyss.

Besides Fischl and Beidou, is there any other Electro Support-type DPS worth mentioning? I mean, I guess there's Lisa, but I thought she was like Amber in that she needed quite a few of her Constellations unlocked to even be worth playing?

Even grinding a fuck ton and using a bunch of fragile resin I can't get good artifacts so I end up just making teams which work for me but not might be ideal.

Sometimes the artifact dungeons recommend an element but another works better because of shields or stuff. Like for the pyro artifact dungeon my Mona kills faster than my Ganyu since her fast attacks can eat the mage shields so fast and I use Beidou and Fischl for electro charged Electro-Charged. Originally I just used a lvl 60 Kaeya with my 80 Beidou and Mona for the lvl 90 version but eventually I got some ok artifacts for Mona and didn't need him anymore. Honestly I would still use him or Ganyu for the dungeon but since you can only have 4 teams I try to keep some of the teams set up for specific stuff I'm too lazy to swap Fischl and/or Beidou out.

If you have any cryo and hydro users you like I would recommend doing the Peak of Vindagnyr Domain since both sets are useful. I'm not sure about QiQi cause I don't use her but the rest of your team should be able to handle it. It's less demoralizing getting garbage artifacts when atleast both sets can be useful to you. I get so many Lavawalker that I can't fucking use from the pyro dungeon its driving me insane.