Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    It might be easier for Blizzard to add companions than creating an actual solo mode for instances.
    WoW is sometimes still advertised as an MMORPG but it’s not really one anymore, and that’s okay, WoW is its own thing now.
    lfg is practically solo mode for instances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It’s also advertised as good, but we know how that turned out...
    I don't get people like you... Making such a comment is pretty sad.

ESO lol. Go google GW1. Blizzard didn't steal that idea back then and certainly won't now.

No, its not near the issue that affects ESO, there are entire videos dedicated to the things wrong with ESo that while its not arguably a bad game, its certainly one you get fed up with, not least of all that eenemies scale so to an extent any progress you make 'gearing or levelling' feels kinda pointless, thats just MY opinion that I do not like, there is far more wrong with it.

Sure. Let's make WoW a single player RPG with an optional MMO. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    ESO lol. Go google GW1. Blizzard didn't steal that idea back then and certainly won't now.
    Back during GW1's great days, WoW was an MMORPG at its core. It would not have been in line with the game's philosophy. Since then the game changed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Sure. Let's make WoW a single player RPG with an optional MMO. What could possibly go wrong?
    WoW has been on this path for a while now. I don't see why it would not go down further.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    WoW has been on this path for a while now. I don't see why it would not go down further.
    You're still encouraged to do group content in the modern game. Almost every meaningful reward in WoW currently requires at least some type of human interaction in the form of group content. This is just throwing up your hands in defeat and saying "fuck it."

FFXI has this and it makes the solo feel of the game enjoyable, if WoW could implement something like that id love it.

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    We had an aspect of this in legion,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    1. we had it in legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    We saw it in Legion,
    Not really adding much to the conversation, myself, but I just wanted to point out we had this in WoD, too, if you had the barracks in your garrison.

I know, we all would love to forget WoD ever existed, but still.

If nothing else, this could provide a nice additional layer of customization. More customization is always good. Let us farm different skins and cosmetics for them by participating in all forms of content.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Or, rather don't care about solo players at all. This game is still advertised as an MMO.
    You guys still have this weird notion that an MMO should be about multiplayer content only. It shouldn't. An MMO is about offering its players a shared world where they can interact as they see fit. It's about being a healthy mix of both multiplayer and singleplayer.

Nothing? The more types of content you offer, the larger your playerbase is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Nothing? The more types of content you offer, the larger your playerbase is.
    Play a fucking single player RPG then. I like racing games, does that mean we need a fucking racing simulator in WoW?

One of the issues with companions is that it will hurt revenue. Multiboxers will keep 5 subs going to kill stuff. With this implementation, some of them will be able to cancel 4 of those to do the things they want to do.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Play a fucking single player RPG then. I like racing games, does that mean we need a fucking racing simulator in WoW?
    I'd rather play an MMO with singleplayer elements, thank you very much. A racing simulator in WoW would be a nice side activity, and they're actually almost there with their Darkmoon race thing.

Didn't we have this in WoD and Legion via mission table?

I'd rather play an MMO with singleplayer elements, thank you very much. A racing simulator in WoW would be a nice side activity, and they're actually almost there with their Darkmoon racing thing.
    You know what, you're right. Blizzard should just add elements from every game that's ever existed into WoW on the off chance there exists one person who might have otherwise not played WoW if they didn't add it. This can be achieved, of course, because Blizzard has a development budget of infinity dollars.

You know what, you're right. Blizzard should just add elements from every game that's ever existed into WoW on the off chance there exists one person who might have otherwise not played WoW if they didn't add it. This can be achieved, of course, because Blizzard has a development budget of infinity dollars.
    Why go to extremes? They don't need to have an infinite budget to be able to develop and maintain a reasonable amount of singleplayer content in an MMO. As long as it's not done at the expense of main activities I don't see an issue.

If nothing else, this could provide a nice additional layer of customization. More customization is always good. Let us farm different skins and cosmetics for them by participating in all forms of content.

You guys still have this weird notion that an MMO should be about multiplayer content only. It shouldn't. An MMO is about offering its players a shared world where they can interact as they see fit. It's about being a healthy mix of both multiplayer and singleplayer.
    There already is a healthy mix. Dungeons, raids and PvP are multiplayer, the entire rest is SP. Lfr and lfg make raids and dungeons SP (and arguably PvP too) as well. Where are Companions needed in this mix?

Why go to extremes? They don't need to have an infinite budget to be able to develop and maintain a reasonable amount of singleplayer content in an MMO. As long as it's not done at the expense of main activities I don't see an issue.
    The point is that if your voice that "single player content" is reasonable to be heard, then everybody's voice is equally worth being heard. And if they're going to listen to 100% of feedback and act on it then Blizzard absolutely needs to tap into that infinite development budget they definitely have.
    Last edited by arr0gance; 2021-03-13 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not really adding much to the conversation, myself, but I just wanted to point out we had this in WoD, too, if you had the barracks in your garrison.

I know, we all would love to forget WoD ever existed, but still.
    Oh, I didn't forget WoD, I just never used it in WoD.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    There already is a healthy mix. Dungeons, raids and PvP are multiplayer, the entire rest is SP. Lfr and lfg make raids and dungeons SP (and arguably PvP too) as well. Where are Companions needed in this mix?
    Companions are not exactly needed but they would greatly expand player customization which everyone loves. In addition, they would be a boon to players doing solo content and roleplayers, may help finish an otherwise failed dungeon, and provide an additional incentive for everyone to run both current and old content, multiplayer included.

The point is that if your voice that "single player content" is reasonable to be heard, then everybody's voice is equally worth being heard. And if they're going to listen to 100% of feedback and act on it then Blizzard absolutely needs to tap into that infinite development budget they definitely have.
    All feedback deserves to be heard, but listening to it and acting on it are not the same. In the end, they implement whatever they believe benefits them most. Solo content is one of those things that keep casuals hooked so it's only natural for them to support it, which they do.