Poll: Which class you going to boost?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    World record for lvling is 36 hours lol, you ain't gonna hit 60 in less than 70 hours if you play 3 or 4 hours a day. I'm at 120 hours on my Mage at 58 with mostly boosting between 40-58. If I didn't boost at all I would be most likely 46 or 48 at most. On avg it takes around 10 days played to hit lvl 60....who the hell actually supports that long of a grind? oh yea the try hards and wannabe elitists of WoW XD
    There is two different mindsets when it comes to classic wow(and i say classic because one of these mindsets where gone with tbc).

1. The journey. This is the mindset you have if you come from other epic length RPG's and want to experience the journey of leveling though the zones and all that. Some people think classic wow had something special in this regard. Truth however is that its a pretty bad experience overall if compared to actual RPG's so i never erally got people who played for "the journey"

2. People who play for endgame. Whatever that may be to them.

Well there goes my interest in TBC classic.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Game starts at 2.4.
    Classic also started at 1.12 and a variety of content or questchains weren't in until their respective phase.

Case in point:
    Sunken Temple Class questchain

I'm not going to boost one, leveling is part of the fun in the early games.

I believe that end-game is where classic-TBC lacks tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There is two different mindsets when it comes to classic wow(and i say classic because one of these mindsets where gone with tbc).

1. The journey. This is the mindset you have if you come from other epic length RPG's and want to experience the journey of leveling though the zones and all that. Some people think classic wow had something special in this regard. Truth however is that its a pretty bad experience overall if compared to actual RPG's so i never erally got people who played for "the journey"

2. People who play for endgame. Whatever that may be to them.
    The journey is all fine and dandy, hell I love seeing Azeroth before it got changed for the worse in cata. The kicker though is after 40 hours of that journey it starts to get old, 70 hours later it gets tedious and 100 hours it's just not worth it anymore.

Imagine you're playing a game, literally anyone you can think of. Now add 80 hours of doing tedious gameplay to actually get to the core of said game. If you can't think of a game imagine RDR2 when you're at the snow valley at the start and you're there for 80 hours just hunting and doing miniscule side quests for the same 5 npcs before leaving that valley. Majority of the people who would play that version of RDR2 would barely reach 30 or 40 hours into that game if it went like that.

Classics/vanillas lvling experience doesn't welcome new or returning players or hell people who want alts. With that there's a severe lack of people doing 20-59 content cause people hate it. Some servers have it better while some servers it's almost impossible to get groups

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    "Pretty good" doesn't cut it. Sure, you could carry it to gladiator, but the metas were RMP and WLD for 3s and Warrior + Druid and Rogue + Druid for 2s.
    It does cut it if you're not a tryhard fotm. If you want to put in the least effort for max results, sure, nothing short of fotm will cut it, but that doesn't mean everything else is unplayable and has no chance to work, you just have to be good and like your class. Just because you don't doesn't mean no one will enjoy and be successful at playing a shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

You should look in the mirror before you talk smack

You don't like the boost, go play Everquest
    Couldn't care less about the boost. Also, go back to SL, the world quests await you. Looking forward to hear from you again about how you need to farm reps for heroic keys and complete attunements to get to the meaningful content

10+ Year Old Account
    Got rogue at 49, Paladin at 60, Warlock at 47 and will level a belf pala to 60. So maybe something like a priest and a rogue again or another lock.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It does cut it if you're not a tryhard fotm. If you want to put in the least effort for max results, sure, nothing short of fotm will cut it, but that doesn't mean everything else is unplayable and has no chance to work, you just have to be good and like your class. Just because you don't doesn't mean no one will enjoy and be successful at playing a shaman.
    But it does mean shaman was the worst class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'd like to know where they stated they'd be free. I think you're going to be disappointed... but if you provide a source I'll eat my words.
    http://prntscr.com/10khm8d

It looks like its free?
    -K

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't care less about the boost. Also, go back to SL, the world quests await you. Looking forward to hear from you again about how you need to farm reps for heroic keys and complete attunements to get to the meaningful content
    I'm gonna look forward to you realizing rep doesn't take that long in TBC compared to vanilla. Btw I play a human sooooo skrt skrt rep isn't a issue.

"Couldn't care less about the boost"

Yea you do, you're a butthurt child that gets pissed when your entitlement is in play. Your only comeback is "go back to retail", what are you 15?

That's not even remotely true. Resto was pretty good. And later on in the season shaman + ret which is also considered a meme is a gladiator worthy combo
    Incorrect. Resto had no instant heal casts and were restricted by totems so could be easily shut down. They also lacked any decent defensive cooldowns. They were good in PvE because they brought lust and were good at raid healing, but since Blizz has stated they want to do something about the need to stack shaman (likely letting lust be raid wide) you'll likely only take one or two now.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    http://prntscr.com/10khm8d

It looks like its free?
    As far as I understand, that's for your current characters. So basically, you'll get to choose if your current characters (and not a character you boost) go on to play TBC Classic, or stay on a "Forever Vanilla Classic" server.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    They were good in PvE because they brought lust and were good at raid healing, but since Blizz has stated they want to do something about the need to stack shaman (likely letting lust be raid wide) you'll likely only take one or two now.
    From my knowledge, they haven't said anything about touching Shaman.

Also, raidwide Bloodlust wouldn't do jackshit, you then also need to roll in the Sated debuff introduced in Wotlk, else you'd be seeing even more Shaman to have more Bloodlust across the entire raid.

The reason why people have stacked Shaman in TBC isn't just Bloodlust, but also totems, you see the same thing in Classic right now where almost any Horde raid wants to have 5+ Shaman to cover at least every Melee group with a Shaman, even in caster / healer group Shaman are still useful, this even goes up in TBC.

And Blizzard nerfing a class because they are too useful basically opens pandora's box, because you can say the same thing about Locks & Hunters due to their superior dps, or Resto Druids in PvP.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-13 at 05:29 PM.

Incorrect. Resto had no instant heal casts and were restricted by totems so could be easily shut down. They also lacked any decent defensive cooldowns. They were good in PvE because they brought lust and were good at raid healing, but since Blizz has stated they want to do something about the need to stack shaman (likely letting lust be raid wide) you'll likely only take one or two now.
    Uhh no they havent. They stated they would do something about the drums stacking. They havent said anything about shamans, and rightly so.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance paladins getting Seal of Blood. TBC Classic is DOA

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Alliance paladins getting Seal of Blood. TBC Classic is DOA
    Go back to your emo pservers mate. We want a good play experience with tbc.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Go back to your emo pservers mate. We want a good play experience with tbc.
    its not a surprise that Alliance players need a handout, much like the Chinese players on their realms in classic with their buff NPCs. The soft bigotry of low expectations and all that

10+ Year Old Account
    Providing it's not a complete rip off, I will probably boost a Paladin. The plan is to have my Hunter (main), Druid as a farming alt and possibly as a healer, maybe Warrior/Paladin as a tank if I get bored, unsure. Paladin tanking sounds fun, though.

World record for lvling is 36 hours lol, you ain't gonna hit 60 in less than 70 hours if you play 3 or 4 hours a day. I'm at 120 hours on my Mage at 58 with mostly boosting between 40-58. If I didn't boost at all I would be most likely 46 or 48 at most. On avg it takes around 10 days played to hit lvl 60....who the hell actually supports that long of a grind? oh yea the try hards and wannabe elitists of WoW XD
    I don't even think it's an elitist thing. Elitist don't give a fuck about leveling lol. If anything it's the shitty players who can't do anything but level

since Blizz has stated they want to do something about the need to stack shaman (likely letting lust be raid wide) you'll likely only take one or two now.
    This is not a forum where you make shit up and get away with it.