Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Nobody is trying [all at once] to ban [all] guns [yet]

That would be the truthful statement. But it's not exactly subtle, especailly when they use the phrase "weapons of war" as a crutch when literally every type of firearm available to consumers is also technology used by the military.
    No, that would mean you are a clairvoyant... it’s been nearly 30 years... the NRA who predicted the lie, were caught embezzling and filed for bankruptcy. That’s your tea leaves... I wouldn’t trust it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    so you can't read then.
    Mind quoting the part people are missing? Shove it their ignorant faces? Right?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, that would mean you are a clairvoyant... it’s been nearly 30 years... the NRA who predicted the lie, were caught embezzling and filed for bankruptcy. That’s your tea leaves... I wouldn’t trust it...

- - - Updated - - -

Mind quoting the part people are missing? Shove it their ignorant faces? Right?
    it's literally line 4 on the first page of the bill...

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...an-of-2021.pdf
    Last edited by the game; 2021-03-13 at 02:55 AM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    it's literally line 4 on the first page of the bill...

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...an-of-2021.pdf
    If nothing else, the bill shows they only care about how a firearm looks, not how it functions!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    If nothing else, the bill shows they only care about how a firearm looks, not how it functions!
    i mean. if it was really about saving lives then they should ban alcohol and tobacco first. more people die from deaths related to those things every year than by guns (way more than with scary looking rifles and 30 round magazines). Gun control is not about saving lives. it's about democrats being able to control people.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean. if it was really about saving lives then they should ban alcohol and tobacco first. more people die from deaths related to those things every year than by guns (way more than with scary looking rifles and 30 round magazines). Gun control is not about saving lives. it's about democrats being able to control people.
    Relating addiction to gun ownership, is supposed to be done by liberals.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

we should ban water too and air since they too kill people each year.

hmm do you really want to quantify guns with alch/tobacco?

First i guess we could start with a 200 billion dollar settlement from gun companies and payment each year for the liability/deaths caused by guns. Last year tobacco paid 5.8 billion dollars in continued settlement to states.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither alcohol nor tobacco are designed for the sole purpose to kill others. Guns are.

And what do you even mean it's an attempt by democrats to control people? You think they are waiting for the guns to go away, so they reveal their dastardly plan to dominate the country or something? Besides, GOP is the power for the sake of power party. That would be their shtick.

Gun control is nothing new, sweety. Try it out, you might find it to your liking. Like we have for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Shall we count the arsons?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is trying [all at once] to ban [all] guns [yet]

That would be the truthful statement. But it's not exactly subtle, especailly when they use the phrase "weapons of war" as a crutch when literally every type of firearm available to consumers is also technology used by the military.
    Hey, when do protestors get to shoot the police for violating their rights?

Any semiautomatic firearm (handgun/rifle) that has a magazine and a threaded barrel is banned. So almost all competition pistols with a muzzle brake, a wide chunk of hunting rifles with muzzle brakes...

They still have a bug up their ass about barrel shrouds. They obviously added braces, because they hate the handicapped I guess. Grenade launchers too, can't have that grenade launcher, need to ban that! (Well, not the actual GL, just a gun with a GL on it, I guess.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Any semiautomatic firearm (handgun/rifle) that has a magazine and a threaded barrel is banned. So almost all competition pistols with a muzzle brake, a wide chunk of hunting rifles with muzzle brakes...

They still have a bug up their ass about barrel shrouds. They obviously added braces, because they hate the handicapped I guess. Grenade launchers too, can't have that grenade launcher, need to ban that! (Well, not the actual GL, just a gun with a GL on it, I guess.)
    actually it's civilian legal to own a grenade launcher. It's the ordinance that's currently limited on it. You can own like flares and smoke grenades but not explosive ordinance.

https://lmtdefense.com/product-category/firearms/gl/

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    we should ban water too and air since they too kill people each year.

hmm do you really want to quantify guns with alch/tobacco?

First i guess we could start with a 200 billion dollar settlement from gun companies and payment each year for the liability/deaths caused by guns. Last year tobacco paid 5.8 billion dollars in continued settlement to states.
    Tabaco companies claimed smoking was always safe, firearm manufacturers have always said the misuse of a firearm is dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

It would also have the effect of banning silencers on new handguns until a workaround is made.

- - - Updated - - -

Relating addiction to gun ownership, is supposed to be done by liberals.
    Yes, liberals are addicted to trying to get rid of as many guns as they think they can....

Tabaco companies claimed smoking was always safe, firearm manufacturers have always said the misuse of a firearm is dangerous.

Not exactly, oversimplification of what they did and the reasons why they were sued/settled.

One of the biggest reasons for the settlement was the advertising of the product
    Another reason was costs associated with treating smoking-related illnesses. Even though people have known for decades its a dangerous product.

Gun companies, lobby groups and employees have much in common with the Tabaco industry in the way they market and advertise guns. its always tried to blur the dangers of guns and their impact on society.

Just because you admit its dangerous does not mean you forgo liability.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    more people die from deaths
    come on, I mean, at least try to form a coherent sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Not exactly, oversimplification of what they did and the reasons why they were sued/settled.

One of the biggest reasons for the settlement was the advertising of the product
    Another reason was costs associated with treating smoking-related illnesses. Even though people have known for decades its a dangerous product.

Gun companies, lobby groups and employees have much in common with the Tabaco industry in the way they market and advertise guns. its always tried to blur the dangers of guns and their impact on society.

Just because you admit its dangerous does not mean you forgo liability.
    They are only dangerous when not handled properly or used illegally, just like any other dangerous machine, like a car. Plus, tabaco companies should have never been held liable for other's stupidity. All part of the trend to remove personal responsibility for one's own stupid choices..

15+ Year Old Account
    All part of the trend to remove personal responsibility for one's own stupid choices..
    That old record has so many scratches it's impressive you're still able to play it.

But just out of curiosity, where's the stupid choice part in being shot because someone mishandled their gun or misjudged a situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, liberals are addicted to trying to get rid of as many guns as they think they can....
    Why are you responding to me? Too afraid to disagree with other gun supporters? He is the one who said it... argue with him... you won’t... because he is right and you know it...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-14 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That old record has so many scratches it's impressive you're still able to play it.

But just out of curiosity, where's the stupid choice part in being shot because someone mishandled their gun or misjudged a situation?
    The person holding the gun is the one that made a stupid choice, and they are the one that holds sole responsibility for that choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you responding to me? Too afraid to disagree with other gun supporters? He is the one who said it... argue with him... you won’t... because he is right and you know it...
    Because the addiction I mentioned is the one associated with guns....

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the addiction I mentioned is the one associated with guns....
    That seems like a non sequitur... I prefer the conservative version, where he called it like smoking or alcohol. I prefer it from the horses mouth and I don’t see a single conservative disagree... Sorry, until I see a liberal say it... I am going to have to side with the conservative defending guns, by saying they are like alcoholics or tobacco.

I am willing to change my mind if you present him with an argument and he is unable to refute it. As is, his statement is without contention... and seeing as how he is a gun rights advocate... I believe him...

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems like a non sequitur... I prefer the conservative version, where he called it like smoking or alcohol. I prefer it from the horses mouth and I don’t see a single conservative disagree... Sorry, until I see a liberal say it... I am going to have to side with the conservative defending guns, by saying they are like alcoholics or tobacco.

I am willing to change my mind if you present him with an argument and he is unable to refute it. As is, his statement is without contention... and seeing as how he is a gun rights advocate... I believe him...
    He didn't call it like smoking and drinking, he just said they kill more people and should be eliminated first.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't call it like smoking and drinking, he just said they kill more people and should be eliminated first.
    I agree... guns fit the same category as alcohol and tobacco... I’m not the only one...

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    https://www.atf.gov/

Sorry...