Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Having played a dk main from day 1 of wotlk, Shadowlands dks are slow, easily managed, and a bit of a joke class right now in pvp. UH is absolutely shining in PVE, but previous posters are right if your main concern is pvp steer clear of this busted gimpy class right now.

Yep, what poster above said, although arguably any class can be played up to a decent level (due to the nature of this topic, the top <1% ranks are not in question anyway), DK is not in a very enjoyable position right now when it comes to pvp. UH can be quite beast DPS spec in pve indeed and blood an ok to good tank. But for pvp, nah, no. Your mobility is snail-like and setting up your damage is not like "burst X now!" but "going town in 2 days."

Leading high ranked RBGs - and in my experience - you always want a warrior, paired with a ret or DK. You got a spot for sure in RBGs - regardless of bracket.

As for arena - it's kinda locked in the comps(just like rogues only can go with mages for optimal potential).

You need to go with a WW(which also does a lot of damage) - hook them, WW stuns them and you both cleave them. That kinda describes the DK gameplay - it's all about stuns and cleaves as you don't have any fancy mobility or CC. It also requires some voice to call out when you are about to hook. You most likely never go with ranged DPS or rogues.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-03-22 at 07:55 AM.

what? PVP, thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    (...) Shadowlands dks are slow, easily managed, and a bit of a joke class right now in pvp.
    (...) if your main concern is pvp steer clear of this busted gimpy class right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    (...) DK is not in a very enjoyable position right now when it comes to pvp. (...)
    But for pvp, nah, no. Your mobility is snail-like and setting up your damage is not like "burst X now!" but "going town in 2 days."
    What about the PvP talent changes for 9.1 though? Won't those help Unholy in pvp a lot? There's the Echo thing giving you 2 charges of Grip and Death's Advance. Then you get Doomburst a 3sec 90% slow when a coil from sudden doom bursts 2 wounds, and the reworked necrotic wound talent. idk I don't really play death knight but these changes kinda makes me consider it, I am just not really sure how strong it will really be.

Unholy looks strong in a TSG comp in 9.1 stacking necrotic wounds with ms/sharpen blade will certainly kill someone, no matter what.

Unholys dmg however poorly it scales in SL(various nerfs) it still very sticky, meaning there is no escape from the dots and pets, even if you run behind a pillar, or move faster, in additon there is doomburst, DA and echo anyways.

Also this class is very tanky against casters, ams uptime is much higher and prevents CC as well than frost.

Design is much better than frost, maybe fix the numbers in pvp, numbers in pve and pvp do not matchs as pvp dmg is always nerfed even without pvp scaling(bfa). The design in 9.1. is excellent for pvp, the numbers no idea, tho. A little bit of a risk with some of the nerfs to pet haste, mastery etc.

But if you got an warrior alt, there is no reasion to play a DK for pvp, you allready got one of the best melees, guess the other one is feral and assa rogue in 9.1. and maybe unholy dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Unholy looks strong in a TSG comp in 9.1 stacking necrotic wounds with ms/sharpen blade will certainly kill someone, no matter what.

Unholys dmg however poorly it scales in SL(various nerfs) it still very sticky, meaning there is no escape from the dots and pets, even if you run behind a pillar, or move faster, in additon there is doomburst, DA and echo anyways.

Also this class is very tanky against casters, ams uptime is much higher and prevents CC as well than frost.

Design is much better than frost, maybe fix the numbers in pvp, numbers in pve and pvp do not matchs as pvp dmg is always nerfed even without pvp scaling(bfa). The design in 9.1. is excellent for pvp, the numbers no idea, tho. A little bit of a risk with some of the nerfs to pet haste, mastery etc.

But if you got an warrior alt, there is no reasion to play a DK for pvp, you allready got one of the best melees, guess the other one is feral and assa rogue in 9.1. and maybe unholy dk.
    I agree with this, TSG is looking really scary next patch given the changes to pvp talents for DK. It is definitely what i will be playing and am really looking forward to it

Personally, i've always preferred unholy playstyle over frost in PVE and PVP so i would suggest Unholy but honestly it's the most cliché statement but play what you find fun if your just trying to have fun in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustaclut0 View Post
    I agree with this, TSG is looking really scary next patch given the changes to pvp talents for DK. It is definitely what i will be playing and am really looking forward to it

Personally, i've always preferred unholy playstyle over frost in PVE and PVP so i would suggest Unholy but honestly it's the most cliché statement but play what you find fun if your just trying to have fun in arena.
    Honestly didn't play at higher ratings as dk since cataclysm as i moved to other classes, thats a really long time ago, but i loved stacking NS as unholy in TSG, it was the core thing that made TSG actually interesting, without that, like if you replace unholy with frost dk its just a very boring playstyle i dislike.(getting kited and disarmed by some pros on CD) I also made a competition for myself to see how fast i could stack healabsorbs on targets that are hopefully twice as big as their total hp pool.

The only regret that i do have is, that NS will not come back in its original form when introduced in cataclysm.

Hope Echo, doomburst and NW is enough to bring back the fun and excitement to play unholy pvp, i do think the design is there, its now just about the numbers, wouldn't mind the unpruning of conversion and death syphon in our general talent tree, before a DS buff. DS isn't even as reliable. Thats just considering facing melee teams with disarm and high mobility/cc.

If Holinka keeps his word that "players gotta die" and nerfs happen of def mechanics like the recent BM trinket(if 30% is enough), conduits and offheals, it will all synergyze well with unholys offensives and new pvp talents and the entire TSG comp.

Seems Holinka is in favor of Demon Hunters, maybe Hero Cleave will be reanimated in 9.1. as well, but warriors even fury looks too strong (slaugherhouse MS stacks like sharpen blade) to replace a warrior by any other class, if you go unholy and maximize on that delicious anti heal strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Honestly didn't play at higher ratings as dk since cataclysm as i moved to other classes, thats a really long time ago, but i loved stacking NS as unholy in TSG, it was the core thing that made TSG actually interesting, without that, like if you replace unholy with frost dk its just a very boring playstyle i dislike.(getting kited and disarmed by some pros on CD) I also made a competition for myself to see how fast i could stack healabsorbs on targets that are hopefully twice as big as their total hp pool.

The only regret that i do have is, that NS will not come back in its original form when introduced in cataclysm.

Hope Echo, doomburst and NW is enough to bring back the fun and excitement to play unholy pvp, i do think the design is there, its now just about the numbers, wouldn't mind the unpruning of conversion and death syphon in our general talent tree, before a DS buff. DS isn't even as reliable. Thats just considering facing melee teams with disarm and high mobility/cc.

If Holinka keeps his word that "players gotta die" and nerfs happen of def mechanics like the recent BM trinket(if 30% is enough), conduits and offheals, it will all synergyze well with unholys offensives and new pvp talents and the entire TSG comp.

Seems Holinka is in favor of Demon Hunters, maybe Hero Cleave will be reanimated in 9.1. as well, but warriors even fury looks too strong (slaugherhouse MS stacks like sharpen blade) to replace a warrior by any other class, if you go unholy and maximize on that delicious anti heal strategy.
    Completely agree, i played DK on and off since WOTLK but i really enjoyed just stealth applying NS's to off targets at full HP then hard swapping and spamming full 6 runes into them and like you said it adds some flavour to TSG.

I much prefer unholy in arena, we have such an insane toolkit to disrupt and stay on targets but just feel the setup is too slow and the damage is a bit low. We have grips, pet silence charge, aphex, pet stun, silence, did i read we are also getting strangulate back? We have all the tools to be amazing.

I think the new changes are going to make unholy the go to PVP spec to be honest and looks to be giving us a lot more sustain.

Yes - yes I would. The rankings and current state + changes to PVP talents in 9.1 agrees with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    UH at least as far as Arena got quite a high skillcap as well due to already mentioned downsides.
    For a new or medium DK pvp player I would just recommend frost over UH.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.