Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warlocks are the biggest cry babies, do you know why I don't care that balance is a top dps in raid/pvp AND Mythic +? cause you never see them crying. But warlock? if warlock is top in raid you guys still cry you're not top in Mythic+, if you're top in mythic+ and raids you cry you're not top in pvp. get the fuck over it. You could be bottom in all 3 like some classes

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    guess
    Probably the one that doesn't run their own keys and has no friends.

Didn't know warlocks were bad? I invite them all the time (I do 4x+15 every week for 2 chests, 90% timed), combat res, healthstones, ranged. Why are people not inviting them?

I don't play warlock and I'm not a meta slave, but I don't understand why they are supposed to be unpopular? If I have to pick between hunter mage or warlock with same rio/ilvl I'll pick lock.

M+ has ruined dungeons. You all are complaining about meta slaves, but that's how this system has been designed: about perfectly executing dungeons.

I am also pretty sure that most people complaining here are hypocrites who would also invite fotm specs over others, because there could be dozens of dps applying for your key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Becouse fore person who make a group you are nothing more then a few leters with color and 2 numbers next to it, your number might be right but your color isnt , unless you can change that way of thinking onyl solution is "make your own group"

Despite what meny people will claim that blizz is responsible for lact of balance i woud say that you can mainly blaim this problem on players. When people prefer to min/max time effectivnes of video game there is litle developer can do exept force people to play the way they want by baning players fredom of choice
    The only thing where Blizz is to blame here is for making M+ in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Push your own key

Yeap, you did guess right !

Warlock !

Title says it all..

I've nothing to say. Thank you.
    With 1.5k rio, i believe even meta specs have problems getting into 15s...

1.5k is nothing anymore. Yes, it's far more than you need, but again, if you got mages applying with 1.8k, hunters with 1.9k and a balance druid with 1.7k - why would you pick a wl with 1.5k?

The issue is: not enough tanks. Tanks are the real bottleneck, followed by heals. As long as there are 40 dps applicants for one tank, there's no reason to pick random non meta specs with below 1.8k rio score...

The fun thing is: i got a DOS key this week, i was kind of frustrated because i believed DOS was a bad key this week (really is). But then i insetred it into the tool and flooded by 2k+ tanks and dps applying to my group...

Why should i pick YOU?
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-03-14 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

Why should i pick YOU?
    The current week in M+ is the outlier week of the season.

=> its a hard week, people would usually prefer meta specs anyways
    => everybody is spamming 15+ for gear drops (valor-upgrades), so the competition is gigantic for specific dungeons

Some +2 keys had a higher competition as current +15, the queue for 2+ keys was full with 1800-2000 r.io players (taking advantage of the stupid 135 valor/dungeon system)
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

1.5k is nothing anymore. Yes, it's far more than you need, but again, if you got mages applying with 1.8k, hunters with 1.9k and a balance druid with 1.7k - why would you pick a wl with 1.5k?

The issue is: not enough tanks. Tanks are the real bottleneck, followed by heals. As long as there are 40 dps applicants for one tank, there's no reason to pick random non meta specs with below 1.8k rio score...

The fun thing is: i got a DOS key this week, i was kind of frustrated because i believed DOS was a bad key this week (really is). But then i insetred it into the tool and flooded by 2k+ tanks and dps applying to my group...

Why should i pick YOU?
    Eh, as a 1400 prot Pala tank there's way too many people happy to wait 15 minutes more for a dh tank than take a paladin at 16s already, I can only imagine 20+.

I play warlock as main but when I make groups on my prot paladin , I usually pick fire mage first then everything is else depending on the dungeon.

Fire mages just being so much more to m+ than warlocks do it’s just dumb to take a warlock over it.

Greedy as I am I also try to squeeze in one plate user for lootshare ( the luxury of making your own group ) and you can see a shortage of spots happening...
    Last edited by Belmorn; 2021-03-14 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    m+ is a symptom of wanting to make dungeons matter,and its one of the best aditions to the game,the fact that players are meta slaves doesnt speak to the system itself,you can time a 15 with literaly any comp just fine
    Non-timed dungeons don't get meta slaved nearly as hard.

Making dungeons into a timed min-max esport was a mistake.

5+ Year Old Account
    My warlock can get everywhere. That’s impossible. He just says in note that he is a royal prince of hell. People bend to his will and inviting, some even trade gear. You must be doing something wrong. Some people just invite for the sake of summoning. Maybe are you on Alliance, it’s less players there and more difficult to get in groups. I found it way more difficult to gear up and get in dungeons than on Horde. Or is can be because of the spec I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Non-timed dungeons don't get meta slaved nearly as hard.

Making dungeons into a timed min-max esport was a mistake.
    What stops you and those who have the same mindset as you to make your own groups with wholesome and inclusive people so you can avoid us min-maxing meta-slaves?
    It is not like you need us evil, min-maxing meta-slaves to complete content or what?

Warlock !

Title says it all..

I mean.... I am sure you know the answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Eh, as a 1400 prot Pala tank there's way too many people happy to wait 15 minutes more for a dh tank than take a paladin at 16s already, I can only imagine 20+.
    as a tank you can make your own groups in seconds.
    I am doing 15s with my friends alts with little to no score just by creating our own groups.
    Same for the main pushing keys.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    What stops you and those who have the same mindset as you to make your own groups with wholesome and inclusive people so you can avoid us min-maxing meta-slaves?
    It is not like you need us evil, min-maxing meta-slaves to complete content or what?
    I can, and did while I was still playing, but my guild is fairly small. Not always people available to run with.

I've been playing with them for 8+ years, not gonna leave just cause we're small.

Like, I can't imagine you're enjoying the pug m+ experience? You'll just say yes to try to prove me wrong, so kinda a pointless question.

There is something fundamentally wrong with people who prefer the current dungeon scene to the one before m+.

Seriously, just remove the fucking timer. Bring back challenge modes with cosmetic rewards for people who want to do speedruns.

Yes i'm aware a non-timed "mega" dungeon is coming soon. We should have 3-4 of those at launch instead of 8 or so timed m+.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2021-03-14 at 11:20 AM.

I would feel bad if your class didnt dominate Castle Nathria, but it does so man up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There is something fundamentally wrong with people who prefer the current dungeon scene to the one before m+.
    Its actually the opposite, if you prefer dungeons before m+ was even a thing, theres something wrong with you since thats esentially admitting that you like content being irrelevant after 1 or 2 weeks and/or m+ became too hard for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? You're saying a DPS spec is having a hard time getting into 15 keys or higher?

Especially a "non-meta" DPS spec?

Man, too bad their is no way one could use their own keystone and push that way. If only...

Threads like this are just so lame. "Oh woe is me, my item level and Raider.IO are both higher than average and I can't do shit" when you really just contradict your self by describing your item level and R.IO. Clearly you are able to do M+ at a high enough level.

So if you aren't getting into any +15 keys then how the hell is your R.IO at 1500?
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-03-14 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    I would feel bad if your class didnt dominate Castle Nathria, but it does so man up.

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually the opposite, if you prefer dungeons before m+ was even a thing, theres something wrong with you since thats esentially admitting that you like content being irrelevant after 1 or 2 weeks and/or m+ became too hard for you.
    I should of clarified that I didn't mean the irrelevant after 2 weeks part.

But guess what? You don't need a timer to keep dungeons relevant.

Has nothing to do with them "being too hard". I like that they're hard. I hate the timer, and the culture that evolves around that timer existing.

Warlock !

Title says it all..

And there's dozens of others like you applying too... you ain't that special OP.

OK so just yesterday a friend of mine (fire mage) pasted to me into discord a screenshot showing how may applicants there were for the key he had just joined (they were still looking for one more dps).105. I have the screenshot if you want. Out of these, there is a high chance a lot of these are over your rio (because ppl also farm VP these days) and are more "meta". Too much competition for dps spots and this won't change any time soon.
    Also, gear used to factor in a bit, but now anyone who is serious about pugging has already achieved or bought duelist rank for full bis gear. So in this regard, gear kinda doesn't matter anymore.

I don't have any advice. We see this over and over and this won't change unless Blizz changes meta every two days until ppl get tired of knowing what is best.
    I play with friends and do 17s-18s and we have the most non meta grp: paladin tank, druid healer, frost mage, affli lock and retri paladin or another affli lock. So as probably everyone suggests - you can try to do your key (though with pugs you never know, they might fuck up your key and leave and that's too bad) or try to make friends and play together. I actually noticed that a lot of puggers don't have this concept - they keep going solo solo without trying to form connections. In which case, you accept the situation, because a lot of people are in the same situation (have no desire to form connections but want to be literally the 1 pick from 100 strangers).

Also, as a side note, even metas have a hard time getting in, because there's so many of them. And every pugger has a hard time pushing, because most puggers aren't satisfied with you having all 19s in time to take yo to a 20. It's been like that forever, but it's more obvious now because of the extremely repeatable nature of the content.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-03-14 at 11:32 AM.

How to solve this problem in one easy step:
    1:Create your own group.