Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Casuals what do you do in SL?

As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?

Use the mission table to get anima for weekly covenant quest...

I'm a casual - I play probably 3-4 hours a week these days, some weeks a bit more - other weeks not at all. To say that all casuals "don't do endgame content" isn't true.

I'll likely never completely Mythic raids, or do high keys - I've done that in the past and simply can't be bothered anymore, but even with a small amount of time, I've pugged up to 7-8 keys in M+ and got 3/10 HC in Castle Nathria. Other than that - callings and levelling alts if I want to do something that takes no effort.

about 2 hours to clear the heroic raid and then 3-4 hours working on keystone master 1-2 hours herbing is a standard week for me

slighly higher when they release new content :P
    Last edited by khazlol; 2021-03-14 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    about 2 hours to clear the heroic raid
    Not sure whether 2hr HC clear qualify as casual these days...

A casual wont be on mmo champ. The moment they spend time on a gaming forum, they are more invested than a casual would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    World Content.
    World Quests.
    Callings.
    Achievement hunting (collections, reputations, etc).
    Random BG's.
    Roleplay.

Though, I do raiding one day a week as well.

Though I don't call myself a casual, more a 'world player' as I've seen endgame raiders more casual to the game than I.

In the end, many 'casual' players are logging more hours than 'hardcore' players.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    A casual wont be on mmo champ. The moment they spend time on a gaming forum, they are more invested than a casual would be.
    You are delusional my friend, I am a casual, I play alot but I don't do dungeons/raids I treat this game like a single player game I spend my time working on reps/collecting/gold making and I am not playing right now, game got boring, good chance I will come back in the next major patch but who knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Play other games
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    It wasn't always smooth. i just dont pug anything.

Farm Deadmines for the phat lootz. Duh.

I just got to level 53. As a casual player, I am still leveling up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    No. 2 Hours in a game in one sitting is not casual. I would say that anything more than 15 minutes is not casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I just got to level 53. As a casual player, I am still leveling up.

- - - Updated - - -

No. 2 Hours in a game in one sitting is not casual. I would say that anything more than 15 minutes is not casual.
    Depends what you are doing in this 2hours. You can't do anything in 15minutes in wow. Maybe one BG. What is the point of sub if you play one BG per day? Then its better to play Moba...
    I say that anyone that is not playing M+, Arena, Mythic Riding or is a true Role player is casual. And the same goes for every other game, sport etc... You have to dedicate time for this aspects of the game. In everything else, you can do it when ever you have time.

Level one char for each cov to see the whole story. Farm enough anima to get Renown 40 and the tmogs I like. Level professions to craft/buy at least 210 ilvl BiS leggos in each of these chars. LFR to farm the tmogs I like. And similar things. That ‘s around 3 hs per night almost daily. Is it casual? Hard to define, but It’s how I enjoy the game

A casual can play "endgame" content, i play my char, keep up with callings, torghast and all what is needed to use my char to full potential then play BGs, Rated BGs or Arena to have fun. For now i did just 10ish m+ because i don't bother with PvE anymore. Maybe if some of my friends wants to gear up in PvE i can see myself doing some m+ to get better gear for PvP since we suck

Nothing. I'm unsubbed and waiting for future patches. But usually I do content with high reward/effort ratio and when game runs out of such content - I just level next alt to do the same on it. If developers do something to prevent me from doing it or to make my life harder - I just unsub and wait.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Mostly mythic raid and push pvp rating think I can get cutting edge this tier and break 2k this season.

I quit SL and focused all my time on FFXIV since that game actually has a progression path for casual players through badge gear. I just run my random dungeons, raids and trials (one boss raids) to cap my currency for the week and slowly progress my character. It's very fun and relaxing and people are nice, if you want a progression path in SL as a casual you need to endure a lot of toxicity and people expect you to be the best player in the world, know every dungeon/raid inside out and also play a fotm spec otherwise they'll kick you.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Managing 16 chars, achievements, experiencing storylines, mount farming, transmog farming, maxxing all professions and toying with addons

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You are delusional my friend, I am a casual, I play alot but I don't do dungeons/raids I treat this game like a single player game I spend my time working on reps/collecting/gold making and I am not playing right now, game got boring, good chance I will come back in the next major patch but who knows.
    And in doing all that you almost certainly put in more hours per week than the average raider, thus you wouldn't be a casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.