Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

No mythic+ invites after 200+ applications

Hi all,

So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....

Cheers

Wtf do you do?
    You create your own groups....
    Just fking try it... Once... And you'll see how insanely many people sign for any +14 and above keys... We're not talking a couple dps... We're talking 20-30 dps signing within minutes....
    And if you play some shit spec, why would anyone pick you over someone with better gear, better class and highe rio?

If you want to pug 15s? Well, then you need to complete a +17 of the same dungeon by yourself... Thats the pug rules, specially true if you are not tank, healer or meta.... How can you not know this with 4k rio in bfa?

It seems like +15 is the threshold where elitsts decided that you must be 1500+ io or no invite. I've got all dungeons time-cleared on +14, 217 ilvl, 10/10 heroic multiple times, and yet I have gotten zero invites to +15s even after spending a straight half-hour doing nothing but applying to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wtf do you do?
    Just fking try it... Once...
    I've tried just using my own key and putting together a group of the best people I could find, ones in similar situation to my own (multiple +14 clears, ilvl over 210, etc) but every single time, we failed the timer for one reason or another.

How can you not know this with 4k rio in bfa?
    Because not all of us played the dumpster fire known as Beta For Azerite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf do you do?
    How can you not know this with 4k rio in bfa?
    See? The playerbase expects you to play extra. Extra extra extra. Did you invest 800 hours? Well, OP, sorry, you need to invest 999 hours and do a +17 by yourself and create your own groups and this and that and this and that and play extra you didn't plan for.

HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT BRO?

Playerbase in a nut shell. Notice how they try to make it your fault for having a super high IO too lmao.
    Solution: new game, this one is super toxic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    anybody found a solution?
    I ended making my own groups, now I play whenever I want.

Wtf do you do?
    We're talking 20-30 dps signing within minutes....
    20-30? i made a mist 15 the other day, had 200 applicants when i came back from a quick piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Honestly, I'm only playing retail as a waiting room for TBC. Once TBC is out (or rather, the pre-patch) I'm dropping retail immediately. Once again, I like the gameplay itself, but the systems surrounding it are what frustrate me and make me quit. It was RNG legendaries and bad class balance in Legion, and now in Shadowlands, it's elitists and unreasonably high raider.io expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Honestly, I'm only playing retail as a waiting room for TBC. Once TBC is out (or rather, the pre-patch) I'm dropping retail immediately. Once again, I like the gameplay itself, but the systems surrounding it are what frustrate me and make me quit. It was RNG legendaries and bad class balance in Legion, and now in Shadowlands, it's elitists and unreasonably high raider.io expectations.
    Are you planning to be in a guild and do stuff with them in TBC or roll the dice on instance ID based lockout pugs?

Hi all,

So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

Cheers
    get some friends and do mythic plus with them, pugging is for one boring and you dont know if it will be a decent group or not, you will have a thousand times more fun doing the content with mostly the same ppl.

RIO doesnt really matter its easy to get a high score, if your not playing the more powerful specs your not going to get an inv, so only option is to make your own group.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Are you planning to be in a guild and do stuff with them in TBC or roll the dice on instance ID based lockout pugs?
    Instance ID based lockout pugs on instances that are significantly less punishing than a +15, yes.

@msdos and @anon5123, why do both of you shit on @tomten 's "How can you not know this with 4k Rio in bfa?" comment? The OP said that he has 4k BFA experience. It is a legit point made by tomten. Obviously such a player should already know how to play in a pug world.

smells like a case of your class/spec was FOTM in BFA and now its not.

reroll, play with friends or quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    @msdos and @anon5123, why do both of you shit on @tomten 's "How can you not know this with 4k Rio in bfa?" comment? The OP said that he has 4k BFA experience. It is a legit point made by tomten. Obviously such a player should already know how to play in a pug world.
    Because they, and the players like them are the quintessence of the problem.

People want to have access to competitive rewards without putting in competitive effort.

The old "Why should I have to?"

Below is the perfect example - He can whine and pantomime till he's blue in the face, but doesn't change the facts: Player was not willing OR able to meet the community accepted standard.

If you want to depend on others (as in, not a guild/friend group) then you must be subject to the whims of them community. It's a staggeringly difficult concept, I know.

See? The playerbase expects you to play extra. Extra extra extra. Did you invest 800 hours? Well, OP, sorry, you need to invest 999 hours and do a +17 by yourself and create your own groups and this and that and this and that and play extra you didn't plan for.

HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT BRO?

Playerbase in a nut shell. Notice how they try to make it your fault for having a super high IO too lmao.

Playerbase in actual nutshell:

"Hey, these M+ keys require a bit of coordination, and since we're all PuGs, lets agree on a measure to record our progress through keystones. Everytime you complete a keystone, your score will increase based on some factors (speed, mainly)."

I get how easy it is to call the grapes sour, but OP should've known if he was a 4k io Player - you don't get to say you're a high level player, and then fail to understand basic high level concepts.

The best part about this guy though, is the arrogance in equating valuing ones time to toxicity. Puggers can't be choosers.

Hilarious how this guy equates having to pour hours into keystones. They're one of the most efficient means of rewarding play in the game. Only got an hour? That's 2 keys.

But I'm sure the excuse is better. *blames toxicity*
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Push your own keys. It's how I pushed as a SPriest last expansion. And even though I'm playing a more FotM toon this expansion, it's still extremely difficult to get dungeon invites this week. It does have a bit to do with your class but also the fact that a lot of raiders are spamming 15s for upgradable gear so if you're not rocking 220+ it's unlikely that you'll be invited to a +15 when there's a pool of applicants who are. This effect will likely subside after this week so you'll be able to go back to pushing. In the meantime, just do what you can with your own key.

I'm always wondering, whenever I see these threads, what kind of people would rather sit in LFG applying to groups for hours upon hours upon hours, with no invites whatsoever, and still refuse to make their own groups. I mean...just why?

Are you that afraid of making a shitty group, that you would rather not run anything at all? Because that's the only reason I can see, and all the "ppl don't queue when I make a group" is just an excuse, because even on Alliance, even during very weird (really early/late) hours, PLENTY of people still queue, assuming we're talking 14+ keys. For lower ones, sure, might be harder. But everyone wants to run 14s and 15s for vault/KSM.

So even if you make a group as a dps, you will still get people easily. Just make sure NOT to get 3 dpses too fast, because you might miss out on 2/3 man party of tank or healer with a dps friend, and you're good to go. Assuming you're not overly picky, and don't get some shitty key like SD or something, your group will be filled in 5 minutes or less, almost guaranteed. Tested plenty of times.

I've tried just using my own key and putting together a group of the best people I could find, ones in similar situation to my own (multiple +14 clears, ilvl over 210, etc) but every single time, we failed the timer for one reason or another.

And now you know why people don't invite you to groups.

Attention! This is advice for every player complaining about not getting into m+ groups:

Get a fucking guild!

Run your own keys or play a tank. There really isn't much to say here.

Just deal with it.

Personally I believe that M+ is a shitty design. I love dungeons, but M+ is designed in such a way that your party is expected to execute the run perfectly. You're after all being punished very hard even for a single wipe (long way to run back; even further added time per death). Thus party leaders will always look for meta specs and people who are already way too good for the key they're doing. Due to the nature of M+, there are also not many people who are willing to play a tank, because their responsibility is extremely big and most dps (from my experience) will rarely do the trash mechanics properly (simple things like kicks and cc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Attention! This is advice for every player complaining about not getting into m+ groups:

Get a fucking guild!
    You are of course right, however dungeons shouldn't be content designed for guilds. Throughout the history of WoW, dungeons were always something that was run by pugs and only partially with guildies. You also cannot expect to be in a guild where you can just at any time find there people to do dungeons. It's not the same situation with raids where the guild has a set raid day/time. Most players just want to do dungeons whenever they feel like.

Also (serious question): Are M+ focused guilds common? I have been in many guilds since Legion and I have never seen a working guild where players just run M+ together. The only time I had a somewhat consistent group was when my IRL friends were still playing.

Hi all,

Cheers
    There's nothing to do to make more people invite you. No magic tricks.

If you want to take some responsibility and improve your situation I would recommend you to either use your own key or join a guild as rio doesn't matter in guilds.

Can't wait for TBC as well. I am currently playing a little bit on a TBC private server (for testing out what I will play in TBC classic) and I am having a blast as both a tank and healer. It's so easy to get into dungeon groups and the dungeons themselves are pretty relaxing too. Instead of every dungeon being a speedrun, you're instead doing each pack properly one after another (it's not like we're going slow either) and if you mess up, you mess up. A wipe won't ruin half the run and people won't quit (and if they do, just replace them).