Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    What class/spec do you play?
    Been a Frost Mage main since early Legion. I've gotten a lot of crap over that, since most folks seem to expect you to be Fire nowadays. But I genuinely struggle and dislike that spec whereas I can produce okay results as Frost. When I come back to the game (don't have a working computer right now) I was planning on faction transferring that mage into a dwarf. Based on sheer aesthetics looking on from the outside I was also planning on choosing the Venthyr covenant. I have no idea how good that covenant is for a frost mage, I just like gothic castles, gargoyles and vampires. xD

With that said, also add on to the fact that I have no rating at all in any sort of rated PvP, what would be my chances that someone would invite me to an RBG? It's something I've always wanted to do (still want those mage tower skins) but I could never land invites or find friends that could get me into them.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Been a Frost Mage main since early Legion. I've gotten a lot of crap over that, since most folks seem to expect you to be Fire nowadays. But I genuinely struggle and dislike that spec whereas I can produce okay results as Frost. When I come back to the game (don't have a working computer right now) I was planning on faction transferring that mage into a dwarf. Based on sheer aesthetics looking on from the outside I was also planning on choosing the Venthyr covenant. I have no idea how good that covenant is for a frost mage, I just like gothic castles, gargoyles and vampires. xD

With that said, also add on to the fact that I have no rating at all in any sort of rated PvP, what would be my chances that someone would invite me to an RBG? It's something I've always wanted to do (still want those mage tower skins) but I could never land invites or find friends that could get me into them.
    Really shouldnt be hard to get into yolo/low cr groups and build from there. I dont know if your faction/region but na alliance has 2 communities i can think of off the top of my head that do a lot of learning rbgs and low cr games.

If you don't want to do rbg/arena then that's fine, you don't get the associated rewards from doing them as you won't be needing the rewards in the first place.

It's the same as a pve-er just doing normal mode to also get mythic raid gear somehow by doing normal mode content.

It's up to you what you want to do while paying your sub, so either accept that you will only ever get the basic honour gear and that is as far as you can get, or do rbg/arenas to get better gear.

Basically. I feel like Blizzard has nothing but contempt for those of us who aren't doing those modes at this point. I don't PvP (battleground or war mode) at all anymore because the kind of gear i'm allowed to have is just going to get me eaten alive. What would be the point if I'm going to get killed over and over with no chance at fighting back?

If not the option to earn decent survivable gear, I'd at least like to see a return of templates or ilvl brackets in random BGs. Just something to make it feel like PvP won't be a hopeless slaughter.
    It's an MMO-RPG. I don't understand where people like you are coming from. Madden doesn't cater to non football fans. CoD doesn't cater to non FPS fans.
    WoW shouldn't cater to non MMO fans. If you want to have your solo experience, that's fine, but don't expect the game to be molded to fit your preference. It's an MMO, and Blizzard wants to reward group play over solo play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

You are being unreasonable. You get 197 gear and 200 conquest gear. 1400 rating or 1600 rating upgrades those to 207/213 ilvl respectively. It's a one time thing that you need to push for and you could upgrade all conquest pieces on the spot.

Overall you should have around 200 ilvl only from the above (even more with high lvl legendary and some random BOE you could buy) which is quite enough for random battlegrounds. The remaining upgrades you have to work for if you really want them. It's probably a 10% gear difference overall.

Really shouldnt be hard to get into yolo/low cr groups and build from there. I dont know if your faction/region but na alliance has 2 communities i can think of off the top of my head that do a lot of learning rbgs and low cr games.
    Have you noticed the theme in this thread? The people who are complaining about this are also people who whine that they can't get into groups. Take some initiative and form your own group, stop waiting around for something positive to happen to you and start making positive things happen.

Apparently there's many of you lost ducklings that can't get invited to anything. Start playing together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

You gotta understand that everyone starts from 0.

Have the best gear you can get without rating and join some 0CR weekly groups. They disband easy (because they're for the weekly cap) but you start slowly accumulating rating which gets you into other groups.

So you're complaining about gearing in PvP, but you refuse to do the content handed to you to get that free gear? Getting 1.4k, or even 1.6k is literally free in RBG. Most people can get up to 1.4k with out much trouble in arena aswell. You don't even have to speak with anyone, make a group and queue up. Stop being scared of people you will never ever talk to again.

In other words; want upgrades? Work for it, can't remember it being this easy to get an ok-ilvl from PvP only in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

That is cool. Do you have names? I do plan on going Alliance, so I'll look them up if and when I manage to muster the courage to find them. I'm super anxious about rated PvP to be honest. Assuming they even invite me to begin with I just don't think I'm that good enough for it.

That is cool. Do you have names? I do plan on going Alliance, so I'll look them up if and when I manage to muster the courage to find them. I'm super anxious about rated PvP to be honest. Assuming they even invite me to begin with I just don't think I'm that good enough for it.
    And you will never get good enough with that mindset. Trust me, there is a lot of garbage in low cr/yolo RBGs, you will most likely not be the worst if you think like you do (as that shows you care).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Oh yes don't even bother if you don't want to do rated. They'll probably add something like the BfA "conquest" system eventually, but for now it's rated or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    And you will never get good enough with that mindset. Trust me, there is a lot of garbage in low cr/yolo RBGs, you will most likely not be the worst if you think like you do (as that shows you care).
    I've played arena since its birth in BC. I've never been able to break past 1800 on any of it, only 1750 one time in 2v2 when my class spec at the time was utterly broken. I've always struggled to find long lasting partners and the amount of coordination required to do rated PvP has always been extremely intimidating and overwhelming. Whereas randoms always let me in and there was no pressure.

Can you understand why I might be scared?
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-03-13 at 08:17 PM.

Basically. I feel like Blizzard has nothing but contempt for those of us who aren't doing those modes at this point. I don't PvP (battleground or war mode) at all anymore because the kind of gear i'm allowed to have is just going to get me eaten alive. What would be the point if I'm going to get killed over and over with no chance at fighting back?

If not the option to earn decent survivable gear, I'd at least like to see a return of templates or ilvl brackets in random BGs. Just something to make it feel like PvP won't be a hopeless slaughter.
    I couldn't agree more. Sadly, in order to push the narrative that you should play more / be more hardcore, the rewards have to make you accordingly stronger. The end result is, well, I'm not even doing BGs to gear up alts anymore. Everything oneshots/OGC you below 170.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not when your battlegrounds/warmode is full of the folks lucky enough to do rated PvP/raids/M+ and will just stomp you.
    It's not really luck, but rather timing and dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    WoW shouldn't cater to non MMO fans. If you want to have your solo experience, that's fine, but don't expect the game to be molded to fit your preference. It's an MMO, and Blizzard wants to reward group play over solo play.
    So in random battlegrounds I am still playing with other players. Only difference is that no one can say that no, I'm not allowed to join. MMO doesn't mean everything needs to be gatekept and that only those with loyal friends should be allowed to play anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It's not really luck, but rather timing and dedication.
    The luck in that you come across the right people needed to do those things. I am still looking for mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in random battlegrounds I am still playing with other players. Only difference is that no one can say that no, I'm not allowed to join. MMO doesn't mean everything needs to be gatekept and that only those with loyal friends should be allowed to play anything.

- - - Updated - - -

The luck in that you come across the right people needed to do those things. I am still looking for mine.
    I've gotten to nearly full 15 KSM (Just missing NW and SD) entirely by pugging. Similarily, I got to 1.6k rating by going with different RBG pug groups.

Again, it's timing and dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    200ilvl is not decent enough? How?
    By going up against anyone who paid for arena boosts and is now sporting 220+ gear.

Just git guud or put in the work. The gear is available to you. Blizzard does not have a restriction on your account. I have KSM and 1800 rating in 3s by pugging with random groups.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-13 at 09:21 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oasis and cryptids league, not sure if im allowed to link their discords but if you google them you should be able to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yes because there is nothing remotely hardcore about 1800 rating, which gets you 220 gear.

While 1400 (farthest thing imaginable from hardcore) gives u a full set of 213 gear.

You seem to want to play this game as a single player game, I'd say that's the unreasonable part.

I think 1400 gives 207.