Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    CM was implemented in WoW before Rifts were in Diablo 3. It is clear which concept made it to reality first. Blizzard also tweaked the concept of rifts including major over hauls during the course of RoS "active" development. One of the biggest complaints from CM was that was just a basic speed run where as Mythic+ is designed to have a more forgiving timer and plays more on competence/skill then a straight speed run.

Half of your D3 comparison are not even similarites. You keep showing how blind you have it in order to hate on the design for being "Diablo-like". Weird how you keep having to use exaggerations or out right false claims isn't it? The WoW version of a Demon Hunter plays nothing like a Diablo 3 character. Lol. World Quests do not act exactly like bounties do in D3. Similar concept? Sure but there is nothing wrong with similar concepts.

The WoW team always grows from developers on other projects when they need a new task. They also shrink when developers are moved to a new project. Do you know nothing of game design? lol.
    Rifts have nothing to so with CMs. They were probably adapted from Torchlight or similar games. And competence/skill are necessary to do a speedrun, those are not mutually exclusive.

Emissaries work pretty much exactly like bounties: Diablo: do 5 quests in act 1 and in act one you have zones where you free 5 prisoners/kill 20 mobs/do one minegame/kill a strong enemy. WoW: do 4 quests from one faction. And those quests are scattered in the game world exactly like diablos quests are. They are even similarly generated, in that they were often missions you did as part of the story, just slightly changed and now repeated ad nauseum. WQs are not similar, they are exactly the same.

Yeah, the wow team grew and was reinforced by the diablo team. Thanks for repeating my point. And that WoW got a massive overhaul of nearly all gameplay systems following this event was just coincidence, right?

lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Rifts have nothing to so with CMs. They were probably adapted from Torchlight or similar games. And competence/skill are necessary to do a speedrun, those are not mutually exclusive.
    So you agree then that CM's and M+ have nothing to do with Diablo 3 because they are probably adapted from Torchlight or similar games right? A speed run and a high key M+ require different sets of skills. One is defeating a timer only while the other includes actual mechanics etc. As evident by a lot of responses in this thread. Despite having a timer M+ is currently not just a speed run. Emissaries and World quests are simply an evolution of dailies. Are they similar to the bounties added to d3? Sure.

But just as you used similar games for D3 inspiration why couldn't WoW have done the same? You keep trying to make it a bad thing that similar concepts appear in different games. There is a reason why that always happens because those concepts are good idea's. Which is why Blizzard iterates on concepts and evolves them going forward.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-14 at 11:24 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    The timer is there to add some difficulty (spare me the fake difficulty argument cause it does add it) and prevents the cheesing to some extent, cause if you had no timers you would have teams doing a +22 in 35 mins planning the route and the pulls + cds and another team doing the same +22 in 3 hours using bl for every pull of 4 mobs at a time, if you think that the second team has any idea of the game compared to the first team, then theres not much argument to be had.
    You are tiny bit wrong there - dungeons already have a system which prevents you from waiting for lust and CD-s for every pack - it's called bosses - if you would ever reach the point where you need to BL / CD every trash pack, good luck with downing a boss.

Just look at tyranical weeks - how many runs just fail there because they do not have enough throughput / skill / prides left to down a particular boss?

Timer is an obsolete mechanic for an infinitely scalable content, way more interesting execution-wise limiter just from game design perspective would be an actual wipe limit (which is partially included in the timer)
    Last edited by Ludek; 2021-03-14 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Well that is a weak argument. If you open your group, even with good score, higher than needed for a +15, you have to wait a REAL long time for a tank if you are no meta specc. You get a lot of tanks, most of them with low rio or no experience in that stone lvl, i.e SD +15 and tank got untimed 11 as best key.
    Really long time for a 15? I created a group and in a matter of two minutes it was full. Still timed it almost 2 timed it.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So what, are you now diagnosing mental disorders?
    Also, what dungeon scene before m+? Pet battles were as relevant as that.
    I wasn't thinking about mental disorders until you mentioned it, but now that you did, ya I think there might be something going on there with all these people who actually enjoy the toxic m+ pug scene.

People aren't supposed to enjoy toxic enviroments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I wasn't thinking about mental disorders until you mentioned it, but now that you did, ya I think there might be something going on there with all these people who actually enjoy the toxic m+ pug scene.

Amm... it's not toxic by default. You can make pet battles toxic if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    You are tiny bit wrong there - dungeons already have a system which prevents you from waiting for lust and CD-s for every pack - it's called bosses - if you would ever reach the point where you need to BL / CD every trash pack, good luck with downing a boss.

Just look at tyranical weeks - how many runs just fail there because they do not have enough throughput / skill / prides left to down a particular boss?

Timer is an obsolete mechanic for an infinitely scalable content, way more interesting execution-wise limiter just from game design perspective would be an actual wipe limit (which is partially included in the timer)
    Making the actual bosses the hard limit would make metas so much more exclusionary.

Making it time based, where team synergy on pulls and coordination of handling mechanics allows for way larger variety of specs (yeah still a meta) then hard boss throughput checks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Really long time for a 15? I created a group and in a matter of two minutes it was full. Still timed it almost 2 timed it.
    thats only true for mists, de other side and possibly spires rest have an absurd wait time for tanks and healers because those 3 have the hot ticket items

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    thats only true for mists, de other side and possibly spires rest have an absurd wait time for tanks and healers because those 3 have the hot ticket items
    No its not. So many people are trying for KSM

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

League of Legends is the poster child of toxicity within gaming, and last I checked, it was rather popular. Shit, even Fortnite has issues apparently. Generally, multiplayer games, anything competitive, will bread toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

ppl wanted that r.io shit.
    ppl supported that r.io shit.
    now ppl have that r.io shit.

what shall we say ?

do what i do and stop playing that crap game, or live with that shit. simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    No its not. So many people are trying for KSM
    yeah, obviously the new valor point system TOTALLY helps, making WoW more fun, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

what shall we say ?
    They thought they did, but they didnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    sadly truer words we never spoken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I don't play warlock, but are warlocks unable to make their own group in-game like other classes can?
    Yup, was one of the changes that never made it to patch notes. Warlocks have had the ability to make their own groups removed, since they can summon people to dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

hehehehe, i see what you did here

but yeah, maybe sad but true.

Raider.io is fucking fantastic. The only way it could be improved, in my opinion, is if it were an official Blizzard system and integrated into the game. Same people complain about RIO as complained about gearscore, aka people who would rather bury their head in the sand and believe they're better than they actually are, rather than actually practice/compete to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope I didn't. My first 3 picks were:
    - feral druid
    Not one of these? Sorry.
    Heh, what I was doing was change spec to balance, when timer was counting down swap to feral, proceed to top dps. oh the glory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Raider.io is fucking fantastic. The only way it could be improved, in my opinion, is if it were an official Blizzard system and integrated into the game. Same people complain about RIO as complained about gearscore, aka people who would rather bury their head in the sand and believe they're better than they actually are, rather than actually practice/compete to get better.
    Eh, people who run with consistent groups can easily push much higher keys. When they are in pugs, because of their own gameplay and not helped by having a coordinated team, they fail themselves. There should be 2 types of io, grouped and solo.

what shall we say ?

do what i do and stop playing that crap game, or live with that shit. simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, obviously the new valor point system TOTALLY helps, making WoW more fun, lol.
    Yes and no. Yes it does help people who need the extra few stats to get KSM and no cause alts can cheat the system. But that is what Raider.IO is for

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The thing is tho... you have 1.5k io.. so someone invited you lol

Two people can play this game. I had 1.3k months ago but I get invited to 15s even as a scrub.. must be a you issue or mad that a 2.5k io declined you for their 21+ lol

- - - Updated - - -

what shall we say ?

- - - Updated - - -

How else are you going to pug without io? Dont worry fam ill wait

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    You are so close. The very players you describe complaining are the ones that do not use RIO correctly and use it in way that lets them keep their heads in the sand and believe they are better than they really are.