Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Ya that was pretty well known. But I think it would have to be a massive difference and have 3 of them. If it's like difference of 1% extra attack or something tiny like that, the set bonus artifact is probably better. I have a shiton of artifacts and I can't really say I have 3 god-like artifacts (spare) to put on a character in favor of losing the extra set bonus.

Btw, got link for this optimizer?
    https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/build

A bit of a hassle to set it up, but it works pretty well. You either manually input your artifacts, or you could use something like PicPick and take screenshots (make a hotkey for "repeat last capture" + a folder to autosave them, that way you can just scroll through your artifacts and press one macro, it's done super fast) and run them through image recognition. There are only a few cases where you have to edit them (hp% sands for me always got recognized as a flower, crit% hats, and sometimes it mixes up %element dmg on goblets)

Then just add your characters at the appropriate constellation/ascendancy, pick your weapon, set up talents at their appropriate level (and you can enable optional stuff like Hu Tao's E being active, Ning jade screen runny-through buff being active, etc), set up damage for normal hits or reactions.
    Team comps might work, but if I wanted to test someone with a noblesse buff, cryo resonance, Bennett buff, etc. active, I just manually edited the base stats of my chars.

Then you just go to builds, and it works basically like raidbots' top gear, only it picks from all your artifacts unless you want to specify something like "always run energy recharge timepiece", "always have crimson witch 4set bonus" or you can even give it a minimum amount of stats to look for, which is nice for supports with energy recharge e. g.)

Jinx has a vid that goes through it a bit more in-depth and if you prefer a video tutorial, it's probably much better than my wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Even grinding a fuck ton and using a bunch of fragile resin I can't get good artifacts so I end up just making teams which work for me but not might be ideal.
    I have hit the 1000 artifact cap 3 times now and emptied back down to under 100 artifacts almost exclusively farming the pyro domain and I only have 2 "pretty good" artifacts to show for it coupled with a whole lot of "these have the correct main stat, 3 garbage sub stats, but I happened to get 3 or 4 upgrades in the one good substat it did have, so I'll settle for now."

It's beyond infuriating. Absolute worst part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I have hit the 1000 artifact cap 3 times now and emptied back down to under 100 artifacts almost exclusively farming the pyro domain and I only have 2 "pretty good" artifacts to show for it coupled with a whole lot of "these have the correct main stat, 3 garbage sub stats, but I happened to get 3 or 4 upgrades in the one good substat it did have, so I'll settle for now."

Gimme your reshin

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

Yeah its total bullshit. At the very least you shouldn't have a 99% chance to get fucking cryo/Anemo/etc on a pyro artifact make it either reg attack or the element of the artifact set. And you can't even use that slot for a non set item because none of the artifact sets ever roll crit rate.

I always burn my artifacts right away except the legendaries so I don't even know how many artifacts I've farmed. I try to save like 100-200 legendaries at a time just incase they implement a stat change system or what ever.

You could do what I did and do co-op for the max lv domains. Farming the lower ones for the 4* artifacts just aren't worth your time with how crappy the rng for these artifacts are. Might as well just start farming the 5* from the start. So this is what you should do, do co-op (if you can't do the max level domains) for a bit. If you get good 5* artifacts, then equip those. If not, equip the good 4* artifacts and just keep doing it like that until you can do the domains solo. It won't take very long. Only took me like...5 co-op domains. I'm assuming you are at least ar 45? I probably should've asked that first.
    Yeah, I'm AR 45 and it's the 5* artifact domains that I have been struggling with.

Co-op was something I considered, but grouping up with people is usually something I only do out of absolute necessity, for a variety of reasons. Among those reasons, is I would hate feeling like my poorly geared characters were dragging the rest of the co-op team down.

The thing is, hu tao isn't a glass cannon. That describes xiao more accurately. He loses health to do more damage but needs lots of love to cover for that weakness. With hu tao, she's more like a death knight in WOW (if you've played that). She has so much self sustain. As for your last question / point, I guess it's just a mindset thing. For me, if I have full health, I didn't do enough damage. You only need 1 hp at the end of the fight. Some people can't play like that. It's same thing with mana in games that have that kind of system. I always feel dirty if I have full mana at the end of a fight because that means I didn't use enough during the fight.
    I did play a Death Knight in WoW, and maybe it's just been that long since I played, but I don't remember them sacrificing health for damage. That seemed like more of a Warlock thing.

And I think you and I just have very different approaches when it comes to gaming. I feel like a failure if I don't walk away from a fight with anything less than full health and resources, or close enough to. If I'm taking undue amounts of damage or "wasting" resources, that's a sign I'm not playing as efficiently as I think I should be.

As such, I really don't think Hu Tao is for me. I did actually try playing with the team set up you suggested, and I just couldn't enjoy myself. She definitely does ridiculous amounts of damage, even with my currently cruddy artifacts, but I just can't stand walking around with half a health bar most of the time. It makes me super uncomfortable for reasons I can't quite put into words.

He suggested using 4 pc petra set, which I disagreed with. I don't think you should use 4 pc petra with an albedo in the group. I go with 2 pc noblesse and 2 pc petra on zhongli.
    Ah, my bad then.

Even grinding a fuck ton and using a bunch of fragile resin I can't get good artifacts so I end up just making teams which work for me but not might be ideal.

Sometimes the artifact dungeons recommend an element but another works better because of shields or stuff. Like for the pyro artifact dungeon my Mona kills faster than my Ganyu since her fast attacks can eat the mage shields so fast and I use Beidou and Fischl for electro charged Electro-Charged. Originally I just used a lvl 60 Kaeya with my 80 Beidou and Mona for the lvl 90 version but eventually I got some ok artifacts for Mona and didn't need him anymore. Honestly I would still use him or Ganyu for the dungeon but since you can only have 4 teams I try to keep some of the teams set up for specific stuff I'm too lazy to swap Fischl and/or Beidou out.

If you have any cryo and hydro users you like I would recommend doing the Peak of Vindagnyr Domain since both sets are useful. I'm not sure about QiQi cause I don't use her but the rest of your team should be able to handle it. It's less demoralizing getting garbage artifacts when atleast both sets can be useful to you. I get so many Lavawalker that I can't fucking use from the pyro dungeon its driving me insane.
    Yeah, that's something else I was thinking about trying: rotating through the different artifact domains until I found one I could do easily with the characters I currently have geared, and then hopefully using the artifacts from those domains to make the other ones easier.

At any rate, regardless of what characters or domains I decided to focus on and/or how I decide to approach them, it sounds like I'm in for a massive slog thanks to artifact RNG.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Plunge damage nerf....rip Diluc bug .

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Pretty sure the Claymore jump attack is different from the one being fixed because it relies on hitlag and movement speed.

"*Additional Note: We are paying close attention to the possible impact of other operations that can produce the same effect. If we have plans to change them in the future, we will announce that as soon as possible."

or did they already mention additional plans?

I'm all for fixing stuff that potentially benefits macro/script users.
    Especially when it's something as unintended as this or the Keqing bug.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-15 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Yeah, I'm AR 45 and it's the 5* artifact domains that I have been struggling with.

Co-op was something I considered, but grouping up with people is usually something I only do out of absolute necessity, for a variety of reasons. Among those reasons, is I would hate feeling like my poorly geared characters were dragging the rest of the co-op team down.
    Yea I'm not really sure what other better methods there are. That's what I did just to fast-track being able to do solo. Going the solo route and doing lower domains would've taken far longer. You won't be holding anyone back, so don't worry about that.

Do you have venti? If you have venti, the VV domain is quite a braindead domain. Everyone on youtube said the electro domain is one of the easier ones, but for me it was the hardest. Harder than crimson and noblesse domain. Not because it was actually hard, but because of how shitty the targetting is in this game. 2 cicin mages is the fucking worst. That + energy drain. Just not fun at all. My 2 mains at the time were keqing and klee. Keqing was not good choice cuz of elemntal resistance and my klee hit the cicin mage properly maybe 1/100 times.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-15 at 11:51 AM.

First Jean (drop nerf). Then Keqing (E nerf). Now Diluc. QiQi is crap, thanks to GanYu and Diona.
    The original 5 5-star characters got nerfed one after after.

LoL at the people who spent thousands of dollars on the launch day to get Diluc.

The is great news for new players, if they can get Hu Tao and Venti.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the new events:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244536

Pretty ok with free primogems. New cooking receptes are pretty ok (that butter tho):
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...fried_chicken/
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...hicken_burger/ (way to expensive)

Banners:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244540

There is a good chance we will see a sucrose in next shop reset (+ the other character and its probaly gone be barbara). The last 2 shops had it like this by putting characters in banner into it. Razor 100% wont be as he was there before and same goes for Noelle.

Its a pretty good banner to roll if you need any of those 3 characters and have no Venti yet (kinda usless to me).

Now the next weapon banner is a scam:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244547

1.st we will be getting a free bow from the event.
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...windblume_ode/ (only good if you have C6 Fishl support -- i do not)
    2.nd Venti is a fire and switch character so a 5 star bow is absolute waste on him so its better to just use something like The stingless on him:
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...he_stringless/

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...erene_requiem/

If you have Mona, this 4 star its a good option on banner:
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...wine_and_song/
    I have no idea who would use this sword tho:
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...e_alley_flash/

Skyward Blade can be pulled in normal banner and knowing how the ratios with weapon banners are you will pull 3 swords before this bow.

New dating quests arent that bad by 1.st look:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244552
    Free primos if noting else.

And i guess i will be getting spear for Hu-tao:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244557

(if i bother going outside of save zone with all those chinese viruses araund to refill my prepaid card)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    First Jean (drop nerf). Then Keqing (E nerf). Now Diluc. QiQi is crap, thanks to GanYu and Diona.

LoL at the people who spent thousands of dollars on the launch day to get Diluc.

Well Jean drop nerf was a bug in abyss. As you were smashing monsters down the ground and they took extra damage --- well only cicin mages).
    Keqing one was a bug with recent patch and you should trash that youtuber that was talking abauth it so they fixed it.
    Diluc nerf is realy big as you could use his E and once you are in Air just a bit higher you could smash down on ground for extra damage (not easy to set up).

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Pfft... all these players that own Diluc didn't even know about "dragon-strike" (which is the actual damage increase) 2 weeks ago - so that's not the reason why they got and build him in the first place. And it's not about Diluc either, all Claymore users are affected, Even Noelle.
    And Jean still hits for like 40-80k fall damage when and where it matters, with basically no gear requirements.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-15 at 01:02 PM.

So the new events:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/244536

*snip*

Well Jean drop nerf was a bug in abyss. As you were smashing monsters down the ground and they took extra damage --- well only cicin mages).
    Keqing one was a bug with recent patch and you should trash that youtuber that was talking abauth it so they fixed it.
    Diluc nerf is realy big as you could use his E and once you are in Air just a bit higher you could smash down on ground for extra damage (not easy to set up).
    Upping razor and noelle could be an option for me as i'm using an odd standard party with 2 main dps (razor and hu tao) who basically exchange overloaded reactions and 2 support (4pc retracing noelle and 4pc maiden c6 diona) that keep hu tao always shielded and heal if needed (also noelle can stay on field indefinetely if other dps are low on hp), as for venti i have a stockpile of anemo ascending mats and could be a good support for hu tao too especially domains with electro mobs
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Upping razor and noelle could be an option for me as i'm using an odd standard party with 2 main dps (razor and hu tao) who basically exchange overloaded reactions and 2 support (4pc retracing noelle and 4pc maiden c6 diona) that keep hu tao always shielded and heal if needed (also noelle can stay on field indefinetely if other dps are low on hp), as for venti i have a stockpile of anemo ascending mats and could be a good support for hu tao too especially domains with electro mobs
    I'd not team up venti with melees.
    When I play with friends in co-op and one of them chooses venti and the other one Ninguang or something like that, my Keqing is basically AFK outside of her Burst/E ability.

Can't reach enemies inside Venti burst and Ninguang juggles everything like a smash pro
    Claymore users might be fine, but spear users in general swipe and stab a lot, aside from the odd upward/downward strike, you will most likely not be able to do anything while they bounce around mid-air.
    Especially painful for Hu Tao, who only has a limited time-window to deal damage.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-15 at 02:17 PM.

When i use E on hu tao the ATK tooltip says : ATK 545 + 2548, does this mean i'm wasting atk because tooltip for E says "ATK bonus gained this was cannot exceed 400% of base atk" since 545 x 4 = 2180?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

When i use E on hu tao the ATK tooltip says : ATK 545 + 2548, does this mean i'm wasting atk because tooltip for E says "ATK bonus gained this was cannot exceed 400% of base atk" since 545 x 4 = 2180?
    The bonus cannot exceed 400% but the value in the character profile is Base ATK + ATK from all other sources (even +%ATK from substats)

Unless you have E @ Rank 13:

@ Rank10

To max out the lowest base damage 4* weapon (i.e. Deathmatch) you need ~35k HP
    To max out White Tassel you need 32k HP
    To max out a high-base dmg 4* weapon you need 42k HP (Prototype)
    To max out a low base dmg 5* weapon 45k HP. (Vanquisher / Homa)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-15 at 03:13 PM.

Im leveling up Amber (>_>)
    She is constellation 4 so i want to try her out.

The build right now is stringless with 2 piece crimson + 2 piece Noblesse.
    The idea is to Burst Spam.

Lets see how this goes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Im leveling up Amber (>_>)
    She is constellation 4 so i want to try her out.

The build right now is stringless with 2 piece crimson + 2 piece Noblesse.
    The idea is to Burst Spam.

Lets see how this goes...
    Why would you lvl a Amber? She is weak and usless:
    https://i.redd.it/m3363qc3q7r51.png

You need her at least const 6 (lol i got 0) to have some team use.

If you're looking at this in your ingame char details, no.
    You're right about the base atk x4 being the maximum you can get from E, but that 2548 is not only from your E, it's also from any other %atk source you have on your char i. e. artifacts. It should have some added green ATK even without E (https://i.imgur.com/PsmMlcd.png)

If you wanna find out how much exactly you're getting from E, just look at the ATK from the simple view (https://i.imgur.com/PboS0UC.png) before and after E, then take the difference between those (provided that the circumstances are the same before and after)
    Last edited by bajcli; 2021-03-15 at 06:57 PM. Reason: lost quote

Max fucking world level 4 grey and 1 green nectar every fucking flower I fight....................

Why would you lvl a Amber? She is weak and usless:
    https://i.redd.it/m3363qc3q7r51.png

You need her at least const 6 (lol i got 0) to have some team use.
    She isn't useless. She's just a less powerful Ganyu.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-15 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max fucking world level 4 grey and 1 green nectar every fucking flower I fight....................

She isn't useless. She's just a less powerful Ganyu.
    Oh yeah you are right she is not totaly usless. Perfect for torch puzzles

Read her skills and talents and you will see why her damage suffers.