Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People make up excuses about Activision being evil so they don't have the accept the reality that their favourite developer (Blizzard) made a game they don't like and that the world would go back to being perfect if only Acti was gone.
    there both right and wrong at the same time. it is infact Activison fault that blizzard got this way. but you are right that we are past the point of return.

all the good blood left.

how do i know this because the same thing happend to activision. the worst part bobby doesn't even like vidja games

15+ Year Old Account
    Their reputation is forever tarnished after what happened with Reforged. Faith levels are already depleted.

I would rather play Heroes of the Storm than retail though, I'd rather do quick match and ARAM all day than play retail. There is no more going back to retail, they have too much restrictive and arbitrary garbage with zero explanation going on for me, I wouldn't play any game that was that closed off.

The only thing other MMOs are missing right now are raids, raids are literally the only thing WoW is doing well right now. Before you say "omg, art team", ESO's art team takes a dookie in Blizz's art team's mouth. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    there both right and wrong at the same time. it is infact Activison fault that blizzard got this way. but you are right that we are past the point of return.

all the good blood left.

how do i know this because the same thing happend to activision. the worst part bobby doesn't even like vidja games
    The CEO not being interested in video games is not relevant. If anything it helps because he needs to make rational decisions for the best of the company.

I'll take a Bobby Kotick over a Chris Roberts (Star Citizen) any day of the week.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    the worst part bobby doesn't even like vidja games
    This is a very silly, even naive take on the whole thing.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-03-16 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People make up excuses about Activision being evil so they don't have the accept the reality that their favourite developer (Blizzard) made a game they don't like and that the world would go back to being perfect if only Acti was gone.
    Not just "made a game", Blizzard changed and not for the better. It's strange that people can't accept that, it happens all the time in video game industry, just look at Bioware.
    Studios change over time, good people leave, not so good people get put into their positions, leadership gets more corporate, stuff like that.
    And suddenly a once beloved studio is no better than EA.
    It happens, people have to accept it.

Blizzard just followed the business normals to be honest. They were always about making money. Eventually they saw the market trending pretty hard to you being able to release utter crap and people still buying it by the millions. Then they saw you could sell it before you even are finished with the product and people would buy it by the millions still. Sure once you released it and it was shit some sells would come back but that quarter you spiked it was satisfied, some people didn't refund, and your next sell it before it doesn't scheme is up and running already to spike the next quarter. Then you have your basic cycle game like WoW that drops a new thing every couple years and with the Classic success you can get it almost every year now if spaced correctly with re-releases. Reboots and remakes seem to be a fad now so they are onboard with that too. It really isn't all that surprising. The passion people have moved on and are starting a new passion company because they are in the business of selling passion. Eventually these new companies will earn followings, will make great games and IPs, and then they will sell that passion to people that will slowly turn the product to shit, sell you it before its finished, and only worry about spiking quarterly earnings for investor hardons. It is just how business is done these days and really.. always has been..