Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Don't know if they're improved and/or which's good and which not, but few notes on those lower end ones. If there's leather, it's the worst of the worst scrap quality that won't last anything. Cushions can be utter crap, so be aware. I had some office chair from Ikea I reckon ~15+ years ago and the cushion just lost all of its shape in few years and I'm not even close to the 90kg region.
    And the last obvious comment, the ergonomy is more than just the seat. If your peripherals are at an awkward position/height, your body will be in pain no matter what chair you get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    WAIT!!

I mean, if you didn't buy the Markus already, IKEA has a new (more pricey) version that has lumbar support and in general it's an improved version of the Markus.

Here's a link (in italian) but i cannot spell the name lol https://www.ikea.com/it/it/p/jaervfj...ero-s99275632/

I tried it in the store, i always wanted a Markus but i'm gonna buy one of these as soon as i renovate the new room that's becoming my pc home.
    Good job I've not been to IKEA yet! Thanks for the info and link, going to check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Don't know if they're improved and/or which's good and which not, but few notes on those lower end ones. If there's leather, it's the worst of the worst scrap quality that won't last anything. Cushions can be utter crap, so be aware. I had some office chair from Ikea I reckon ~15+ years ago and the cushion just lost all of its shape in few years and I'm not even close to the 90kg region.
    And the last obvious comment, the ergonomy is more than just the seat. If your peripherals are at an awkward position/height, your body will be in pain no matter what chair you get.
    Ah, thanks for your advice. I've not bought the IKEA Markus yet, and what you say, especially the last stuff is pretty true. Being as tall as I am, I often hunch over with my back I guess. I wouldn't buy one in "leather", made that mistake in the past as like you say, it's crap quality and I find I tend to sweat more on a leather seat, it's one of the downsides of this stupid racer gaming chair I bought... Again, thanks for the advice and tips!

Edit: Okay, so checked out the one Coldkil linked on the Belgian IKEA website, it's called the Järvfjället and only costs €40 extra, so €199, and does indeed look like it has better lumbar support etc. It's not in stock in the IKEA close to me at the moment and I'm not sure if I should fork out €40 for delivery that IKEA charge... then again with the covid restrictions etc I'm not to keen going to IKEA anyway (while I'm aware its perfectly safe, I'm an anxious person, let's just put it that way hehe) so I might just fork out that extra for it to be delivered.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-03-15 at 04:58 PM.

I got a new computer chair recently, it was from the local Staples store, and they branded it as some kind of "gaming chair". It definitely looks like some kind of knockoff DX Racer. Cost me about $120 with the in-store order discount, and so far it's nice enough. It doesn't creak and squeak and groan like my previous office chair, and the arms are long enough that I can pull the chair up close to the desk and lean all the way back, while still having my elbows resting on the arms of the chair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I got a new computer chair recently, it was from the local Staples store, and they branded it as some kind of "gaming chair". It definitely looks like some kind of knockoff DX Racer. Cost me about $120 with the in-store order discount, and so far it's nice enough. It doesn't creak and squeak and groan like my previous office chair, and the arms are long enough that I can pull the chair up close to the desk and lean all the way back, while still having my elbows resting on the arms of the chair.
    I liked my Arozzi chair at first (like yours, its the same style as DX Racer) but after some time the flaws started to show for me. I'd find myself constantly adjusting myself out of discomfort. As I mentioned to ifrah above, it may just well be the way I'm sitting, as I'm quite tall. Anyway, the quality of this chair I have isn't great either. The "leather" on it is cracking on the seat, small bits are coming off the cushion you get for lumbar support (which really doesn't do anything, not for me anyway). I guess for the amount I use it this could be considered normal, I don't know. Also, in the summer, it's definitely not pleasant... my apartment doesn't have air conditioning (it's not a common thing here) and when the heat hits, my fake leather cool racer gamer chair is definitely not nice to sit on for longer periods of time.

I just feel I fell for a hype, and over paid for a chair that really doesn't boast any qualities. I generally like to be at my computer for long periods of time, be it for gaming or programming etc and I feel I can't do that with this chair.

That said, this is a personal experience of course, and I hope you don't experience the same with yours! $120 is definitely not a bad price, I paid practically triple for my chair (these things are generally more expensive over on this side of the Atlantic).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The "leather" on it is cracking on the seat,
    As someone who actually works with leather somewhat professionally (i get paid for it at least) - if it says "genuine leather" - dont get it. Walk away. Its "real" leather - just like particle board is "real" wood. Its literally ground up leather scraps and glue. It will die. Horribly.

The company i work with even skips using garment grade leather for garments and goes straight to apholstry-grade leather, even for garments. Because it will last 10x as long if you take even moderately OK care of it, whereas garment-grade needs to be "well cared for" and "Genuine Leather" is, as i said, particle-board-leather.

And yeah, im not sure why people like leather seats. They are NEVER comfortable to sit in when it gets remotely warm. I dont like sticking to my chair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    As someone who actually works with leather somewhat professionally (i get paid for it at least) - if it says "genuine leather" - dont get it. Walk away. Its "real" leather - just like particle board is "real" wood. Its literally ground up leather scraps and glue. It will die. Horribly.

The company i work with even skips using garment grade leather for garments and goes straight to apholstry-grade leather, even for garments. Because it will last 10x as long if you take even moderately OK care of it, whereas garment-grade needs to be "well cared for" and "Genuine Leather" is, as i said, particle-board-leather.

And yeah, im not sure why people like leather seats. They are NEVER comfortable to sit in when it gets remotely warm. I dont like sticking to my chair.
    Yeah, during hot weather it is literally horrid. Glad I'll be changing. Thanks for the info about leather too, I didn't know there was a difference... what some companies will do to try and convince you you're buying quality, hah... Then again I don't blame them, I fell for it and that's on me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just an update: Decided to order the Järvfjället instead of Markus, hoping I'd like it. Put it together today and so far, so good. Makes you sit up in a much better position than my previous chair at least, while still being comfortable. I'm pretty pleased.

Would just like to thank everyone who gave advice. I'd most likely have ordered something crap of Amazon otherwise