Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes. Create than wipe on 1st pack. Tank is leaving GG. Ur key is dumped. Last week ive made like this. Done 1st instance than fail after 1st pack. Tank pulled too much and we wiped he left GG.
    Sadly, I've had this happen to at least 5-10 of my keys - usually its because the group does something ridiculous and the tank has to cover an extra pull or something. If you lose a tank, you just regroup and run the key again though.. I've done it, and it's just sadly the way of life once you get above M+9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Yeah,

It'll be "Link KSM" or "Link KSC" or "link whatever-the-5s-cleared-is-lol"
    Gearscore add on type situation, basically it would be raider io but just different - if R IO wasn't there, it would be something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Sadly, I've had this happen to at least 5-10 of my keys - usually its because the group does something ridiculous and the tank has to cover an extra pull or something. If you lose a tank, you just regroup and run the key again though.. I've done it, and it's just sadly the way of life once you get above M+9

- - - Updated - - -

Gearscore add on type situation, basically it would be raider io but just different - if R IO wasn't there, it would be something else
    Run again but the key level is decreased that is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Non-meta but yet you have a luster...
    well, is a arcane mage meta then?
    are MW meta healers because of RoP?
    Are Warrior tanks meta because of the shout?

That argument does not work. Also lust is not really mandatory in lower end keys. What's your Btag and region? I am willing to drag you through one of our alt keys to prove that to you - I'm farming valor anyway. As long as you don't purposely damage the key and do as I ask you.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    That's not my experience at all, I have 40 runs 15+ and probably more than 50 runs on 14 on my healer, about half of which are pugs, and in this entire expansion I was never blamed for people dying or for a depleted key, even if it was partially or entirely my fault. Also, no one ever said anything about not doing enough dps (or no dps at all), which is really refreshing.

I might just have been really lucky, because that's not how I remember healing in Legion/BFA.
    I am still in the 11-13 bracket so I cannot speak for higher keys. I did something like 30 runs 11-13, half of them failed, each one for their own reasons.

I usually don’t blame anyone because I don’t get mad if a key fails regardless who is that failed, I only reply if someone blames me for no reasons.

No reasons is usually random dps taking tons of damage in 3 seconds, dying and then blaming me by typing “do we have a healer?” that unfortunately happens more than it should, at least in “my” bracket.

Of course I make my mistakes but I usually write “my bad” and it all ends there. Don’t know why it’s so difficult for ppl to admit they made a mistake and start blaming others, no one is going to burn down your house my friend, just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    Yeap, you did guess right !

Warlock !

Title says it all..

I've nothing to say. Thank you.
    Last week when farming Plaguefall I didn't want to do that dungeon WITHOUT a Warlock. Banish makes the 1st 2 bosses a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I am still in the 11-13 bracket so I cannot speak for higher keys. I did something like 30 runs 11-13, half of them failed, each one for their own reasons.

I usually don’t blame anyone because I don’t get mad if a key fails regardless who is that failed, I only reply if someone blames me for no reasons.

No reasons is usually random dps taking tons of damage in 3 seconds, dying and then blaming me by typing “do we have a healer?” that unfortunately happens more than it should, at least in “my” bracket.

Of course I make my mistakes but I usually write “my bad” and it all ends there. Don’t know why it’s so difficult for ppl to admit they made a mistake and start blaming others, no one is going to burn down your house my friend, just chill.
    11-13 range was hell imo. Filled with people who think they should be doing higher keys but also think someone else is holding them back >.>

I deplete fewer 15s than i do 12-13s because i can be more selective. And i am the opposite of a hero tank, i pull almost obnoxiously slow and safe (i know how much time i can take to finish a run in time) until i know the group can handle more. Con of that is that mistakes are less forgiving on timer, pro is that there's a LOT fewer and less serious mistakes being made. (I got 0 interest in going higher than 15, got my KSM and do it for loot/weekly, fully aware that as you go higher you need to do bigger pulls).... but even then, my 12s and 13s get screwed up a LOT more than my 15s. So yeah, you might currently be at both the worst pug stage AND the one that's hardest to break out of

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes. Create than wipe on 1st pack. Tank is leaving GG. Ur key is dumped. Last week ive made like this. Done 1st instance than fail after 1st pack. Tank pulled too much and we wiped he left GG.
    Ask tank to link route or tell him you're not comfortable with 2-3 packs at start, problem solved. Usually, if you fail on first pack you don't really deserve the key, everyone got their cds up

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    11-13 range was hell imo. Filled with people who think they should be doing higher keys but also think someone else is holding them back >.>

I deplete fewer 15s than i do 12-13s because i can be more selective. And i am the opposite of a hero tank, i pull almost obnoxiously slow and safe (i know how much time i can take to finish a run in time) until i know the group can handle more. Con of that is that mistakes are less forgiving on timer, pro is that there's a LOT fewer and less serious mistakes being made. (I got 0 interest in going higher than 15, got my KSM and do it for loot/weekly, fully aware that as you go higher you need to do bigger pulls).... but even then, my 12s and 13s get screwed up a LOT more than my 15s. So yeah, you might currently be at both the worst pug stage AND the one that's hardest to break out of
    It’s also full of people that could probably do higher keys but think they are bad because they fail 50% of keys they’re in so they just stay there until they have all the dungeons at +13 and can try moving on.

If I may be honest, I do not notice those HUGE differences in healing a 11 or 12 or 13, I never had the sensation that my ilvl is low (208 atm), I cannot save people that go from hero to zero in 3 seconds, regardless my ilvl.

But I still fail some specific mechanics sometimes so I’ll probably just wander the 11-13 field until I have enough rio to start assaulting my “final” bracket (no interest in going beyond 15 for me too, I play 10 hours a week when lucky and reaching KSM would be an epic achievement already).

Either do it with friends or don't do it at all. In SL I stopped doing 10-15+ keys and HC raiding and I am happier than ever. M+ up to +9 and Normal raiding ftw! Now I have much more time for Classic and other games.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

The funny thing (in 11-14s) vs in higher keys that you see in streams or videos, is that when someone takes damage, they usually take more damage right after it. And its like -60% hp -60% hp etc etc.

So if you dont instantly heal them it loooks like youre not doing anything, when in reality they shouldnt be getting hit by things multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Sorry but i dont believe you,either this is a bold faced lie or you guys are worse than the people who were stuck in normal dungeons in mop that couldnt do proving grounds...well actualy worse than those guys,atleast they didnt have gear to boost them in the content
    if anything he is representing the typical wow players - while you and rest bragging here is most likely part of extreme hardcore top 5% of playerbase

just fact of completing KSM puts you in top 1-2 % of playerbase

dont matter what you will bs claim about "im soooo casual"

no you are not - you are creame de la creme - top dogs - aceept it and stop pretending because this makes you pretencious ...... .

there is nothing wrong about admiting you have certain skills - there is eveyrthing wrong in pretending that its what everyone do.

its like i would say that if i have no problem to pump 120kg 10 times without problem in gym then everyone should do it - when your "average" gym member would get instant crushed if he tried this. but this is after 15+ years of working out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    This is fair. My suggestion was make your own group, but if you're going for KSM or need specific dungs then it's entirely possible you don't have the key.
    Not only ksm, just if you dont need a dungeon, or if it is a particular hard one.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if anything he is representing the typical wow players - while you and rest bragging here is most likely part of extreme hardcore top 5% of playerbase

no you are not - you are creame de la creme - top dogs - aceept it and stop pretending because this makes you pretencious ...... .

there is nothing wrong about admiting you have certain skills - there is eveyrthing wrong in pretending that its what everyone do.

its like i would say that if i have no problem to pump 120kg 10 times without problem in gym then everyone should do it - when your "average" gym member would get instant crushed if he tried this. but this is after 15+ years of working out.
    imagine thinking that people in 220+ doing content that rewards 200 ilvl is ''hardcore'' and consider it a brag LOL...cmon dude...if you cant do content 20 ilvls lower than you,you are bad

stop saying 1-2% unless you can back the number up. Your whole argument rests on that number, which is you literally made up to prove your point.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Find a guild Pugging is cancer

The "typical wow player" doesn't have 220+ ilvl. No way. Definitely not a group of 5 "typical wow players". If there are 5 players with close to maximum ilvl halfway into the season and they can't time +10s, they are not typical wow players.

Your gym analogy doesn't fit because in the gym there is no such thing as "ilvl".

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    stop saying 1-2% unless you can back the number up. Your whole argument rests on that number, which is you literally made up to prove your point.
    it doesnt even matter if what he sais is true,i wasnt talking about ksm,he responded to me saying that to a person who claims his 220+ grp cant time 10 keys,and hes telling me that its hardcore to complete content 20 ilvls lower than you,either hes high or he didnt read the discussion

i have no rio in SL cuz i don't need it for arenas and etc., did all of key masters in Legion / BFA, but..
    i can't join any 6/7/8 keys as a 221 rogue lol, just spent a hour for finding a group kekw

Quote Originally Posted by aimmachine View Post
    i have no rio in SL cuz i don't need it for arenas and etc., did all of key masters in Legion / BFA, but..
    i can't join any 6/7/8 keys as a 221 rogue lol, just spent a hour for finding a group kekw

If you have 221 gear and no rio / raid boss kills, people will assume you're a pvp player and you're bad at pve.

You're a dps player, all dps players have a hard time finding groups all the time. Make your own group, or find friends/community/guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Because there aren’t enough tanks. It’s worse in the past two expansions, though, because tanking m+ in a pug is brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, I was recently healing +10s at 201 and it was completely fine.

I keep switching between tank and healer but I’m leaning towards healer recently because I feel I am more able to “carry” a group that makes some mistakes if I’m playing a healer. Tanking is very tough and doing it well is important but I just feel like I’m too weak to really cover for a mistake. As druid heals with a cd-maximizing build, I always have convoke, incarn, tranq, or flourish when things get dicey.
    I find healing just more fun, keeping ppl alive or doing some bosses in 4 instead of 5 because someone dies horribly some time during the encounter is really satisfying.

Sometimes I even receive good whisps after runs, that’s rare but when it happens it repays me of all the failures.