Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Beta hasn't even started yet and you're thinking that prepatch will go live in 2 months!?
    Why are you expecting tbc beta to last months? It's not new content. The version on which classic is built has the entirety of tbc already there. The only things that need to be changed are some quests that were removed and tweak the mob numbers to what they were.

1 month of beta seems enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why are you expecting tbc beta to last months? It's not new content. The version on which classic is built has the entirety of tbc already there. The only things that need to be changed are some quests that were removed and tweak the mob numbers to what they were.

Streamer marketing hype. If they do any media buys, it’ll be more than a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    1 month is more than enough to create both streamer hype and enough FOMO for people to resub for pre-patch

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It's not like said streamers can present TBC content for months, they play it for a few weeks, then drop it, because unless Blizzard artificially opens even more content than is available during Phase one, they will run out of "new" content to present relatively quickly.

Oh I didn't realize that I was talking to one of the Blizzard developers, I apologize sir. Can you tell me more about how TBC Classic was build since you seem to know all the details? Maybe upload some design documents? Source data you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not like said streamers can present TBC content for months, they play it for a few weeks, then drop it, because unless Blizzard artificially opens even more content than is available during Phase one, they will run out of "new" content to present relatively quickly.
    I think it’s easy enough to gate two weeks of leveling and Heroics, a week of Mag testing, a week of Gruul testing, and 2+ weeks of Kara testing.

“Months” might be strong, I agree there isn’t enough in phase 1 for much “testing” but 8-10 weeks while iterating on small bugs/tuning is pretty reasonable.

All just speculation, or course. Happy to be wrong and see a 4-week beta. Get me to pre-patch ASAP!

Oh I didn't realize that I was talking to one of the Blizzard developers, I apologize sir. Can you tell me more about how TBC Classic was build since you seem to know all the details? Maybe upload some design documents? Source data you know.
    On one hand it's common sense. On another hand blizzard themselves posted shorty after classic launch, that the inital conversion of databases and having the client up and running was the bulk of the work, and that should they decide to do any expansion it will be much easier.

But yeah, you can be an ass.

On one hand it's common sense. On another hand blizzard themselves posted shorty after classic launch, that the inital conversion of databases and having the client up and running was the bulk of the work, and that should they decide to do any expansion it will be much easier.

But yeah, you can be an ass.
    I think you need to provide some actual evidence if you want people to believe that beta will be less than 3 months. Common sense says it will be at least that and we don't even know when beta will start, it could be tomorrow or two months from now.

Teoretically you are right, but technically its not so simple. As a programmer (or any other IT developer) one month is just one or two sprints for your team, which is not much.

You have to realise that first players need few days / weeks to play and give feedback. Then it will take Blizzard some time to sort out the duplicities in bug reports, rule out which reports arent actually bugs, and make a plan what to fix in which order before launch and what can wait after (later phases etc.).

But unlike Vanilla content (which was changed by Cataclysm), TBC content is still in the game, which is making developers work easier. So I expect two months of beta.
    Last edited by Nebster; 2021-03-14 at 06:28 PM. Reason: missed quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I know I'm getting baited, but I just wanted to thank you for the laugh. That is easily one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum.
    Funny? TBH, it's sad..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Beta hasn't even started yet and you're thinking that prepatch will go live in 2 months!?
    You think 7 months of Naxx is a good idea? How many people are even still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    You think 7 months of Naxx is a good idea? How many people are even still doing it.
    No but that's not an excuse to rush out a product. Nobody wants a buggy mess, they have to go through the process which is why it's important to sign up as a beta tester. The more people who are testing the faster testing will be done and TBC will be in our hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a lot it looks like. Cities are rammed on Sundays.
    -K

"No way they'll release Naxx and Shadowlands so close together"
    I feel personally betrayd by blizz after that fiasko..
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I don't really know for sure but I'm doubtful if Blizzard is concerned with how long content lasts on classic at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't really know for sure but I'm doubtful if Blizzard is concerned with how long content lasts on classic at all?
    Considering they've actually pushed out Naxx relatively early, i think they do, or rather should.

After all, guilds taking a break / falling apart due to burnout is most certainly not the best thing happening and due to the way they're rolling out TBC, people want to hold onto their gold, not exactly a good mixture with a raid that has huge consumable requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'll say June to play it safe but it could be May.

Edit: Actually I forgot about Shadowlands lol, this could very well be later.
    It's probably best to not remember Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    they absolutely will NOT release it along side current content so my guess is after 9.1 loses some steam, late july?
    Since there is very little player crossover, they don't have to care about current content. May release!

Nax and shadowlands were released almost exactly a week apart why would anyone think they won’t release classic content on top of retail? They have literally done it already

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    they absolutely will NOT release it along side current content so my guess is after 9.1 loses some steam, late july?
    /looks at shadowlands and Naxx releasing along side each other.