View Poll Results: What aquatic races do you want to see playable?

Voters
124. This poll is closed
  • Ankoan/Jinyu

36 29.03%
  • Faceless

5 4.03%
  • K'tir

5 4.03%
  • Kvaldir

11 8.87%
  • Gilgoblins/Kelfin

16 12.90%
  • Naga

48 38.71%
  • Makrura

9 7.26%
  • Murlocs

26 20.97%
  • Naz'dorei(Fan Concept by Big Mama)

8 6.45%
  • Sea Giants

4 3.23%
  • Sirens

8 6.45%
  • Tortollans

34 27.42%
  • Water Elements(Based on Neptulon)

11 8.87%
  • Other

6 4.84%
  • I don't think aquatic races should be playable.

34 27.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Naga all the way, the most iconic aquatic race of wow. hell they should of been the fifth race in wc3, since some assets were used making unique troops and buildings. I can understand murloc requests, definitely close to naga, but damn gilgoblins weirdest race of wow imo. We need aquaman like goblins of course.

3+ Year Old Account
    Tortolians, tough I'm not sure how they'd wear armor lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Epicus Maximus

In all seriousness though, probably the Jinyu. They're intelligent asf, are perfect for Azerothian classes, and they share the Night Elf male model animations.

I seriously hope they become an allied race in the future.

I'd only be interested in Jinyu
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Naga came to mind first though Jinyu seem like the most fun to me. Both seem like they have great cultures to work with that I'd enjoy seeing. Especially in water environments, I think they're the most interesting and could make the most use of such space. When I think underwater zones I immediately think of Naga, and it's hard not to think of all the Jinyu villages and waterspeakers from Mists. They were so cool.

Sirens would be cool if they were deceptively like mermaids. Maybe we could get another clan of them or something that hits the fantasy of a traditional Siren better. I don't think anyone who was imagining a traditional Siren for WoW was ever hoping for some kind of flying serpent, but here we are. I mean hell, at this point Sirens are more similar to harpies than Naga (and even harpies I'd argue fit the deceptive attraction monster better than Siren do). Yet at the same time even Naga fit the mermaid bill better than Sirens - which is like, all sorts of wrong. Sirens are supposed to sing and enchant sailors to their deaths, and these ones seem like they're only doing it magically, which takes away like half of the entire appeal of the monster fantasy. I feel like a more mermaid-like Siren would be a huge hit, and it's surprising there isn't anything like that. Oh, and Kvaldir are kind of neat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    First choice for sure would be Murlocs. They are such a unique race that has become iconic with the Warcraft universe and they would likely be loved by many players. We've already seen societal structures with them, different classes they can play as, several tribes willing to work with non-Murlocs, and a lot of lore left to find.

Beyond that, I think the Ankoan would be great for the Alliance with the Gilblin for the Horde. Was sad not to see either used after Nazjatar. Ankoan especially felt like they could've been a good race for players to have.

Gilgoblins did show up at durotar in 8.3 and right now they are just hanging out at the shore. Maybe they may be playable someday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Gilgoblins did show up at durotar in 8.3 and right now they are just hanging out at the shore. Maybe they may be playable someday?
    I'd definitely be down for that. The story is there for them to join the Horde and I have to wonder if that was the plan at some point. They'd be a solid new Allied Race if they were added.

I'd definitely be down for that. The story is there for them to join the Horde and I have to wonder if that was the plan at some point. They'd be a solid new Allied Race if they were added.
    I was hoping they would have been added in BFA. I would love to see them added in the future.

Probably Ankoan if they really were to go all out there with the customization and give them a few unique anims.

Naga are cool, but at the end of the day, I can't see them as a full aquatic race. More so just a variation of elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably Ankoan if they really were to go all out there with the customization and give them a few unique anims.

Naga are cool, but at the end of the day, I can't see them as a full aquatic race. More so just a variation of elf.
    As suspected those are the two most popular choices here. This poll still has about half a month left before it closes, so might as well keep this thread going for a bit.

As suspected those are the two most popular choices here. This poll still has about half a month left before it closes, so might as well keep this thread going for a bit.
    I'm honestly surprised by Jinyu/Ankoan being as popular as they are. Most people seemed meh about them last time.

I'm honestly surprised by Jinyu/Ankoan being as popular as they are. Most people seemed meh about them last time.
    I think it is because they are unique and possibly a thought people just think they would be fun to play as. Totorallans and naga probably also have similar reasons for getting the high vote. This poll ends in 3 days so seeing if I can get any more milage out of this thread.

I really like Tortollans.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they don't also come with some proper underwater zones and hubs I'd rather not have them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I think it is because they are unique and possibly a thought people just think they would be fun to play as. Totorallans and naga probably also have similar reasons for getting the high vote. This poll ends in 3 days so seeing if I can get any more milage out of this thread.
    Yeah, last time I checked, though, people just dismissed them on the basis that they use the Night Elf skeleton. Though they could just add unique animations to that like they did for Vulpera and make it look different.

I think Ankoan would have a lot of potential for fun customization options.

Yeah, last time I checked, though, people just dismissed them on the basis that they use the Night Elf skeleton. Though they could just add unique animations to that like they did for Vulpera and make it look different.

Probably a vocal minority to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's partially the skeleton, but moreso just how they've been designed thus far. I don't know that we've seen a female Jinyu or Ankoan design, nor have we seen a ton of different facial/body customizations for them. I suspect that if more options were added as well as a truly different female model, there'd be a ton more interest.

They also probably will need a bit more to their personalities to really capture the imagination. The Gilblins we saw in Nazjatar were unique, each had a strong personality that really differentiated it. Most of the Ankoan felt very same-ish to me, like you could swap one for another and not see a real difference.

They also probably will need a bit more to their personalities to really capture the imagination. The Gilblins we saw in Nazjatar were unique, each had a strong personality that really differentiated it. Most of the Ankoan felt very same-ish to me, like you could swap one for another and not see a real difference.
    Yeah, I agree. Though I've long wanted to play a naga, I really loved those gilblins. It would be very hard if I had to choose just one aquatic race to give to the horde.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-03-17 at 01:28 PM. Reason: horrible grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Though I've long wanted to play a naga, I really loved those gilblins. It would be very I had to choose just one aquatic race to give to the horde.
    Yea. I was one of the primary advocates for gilgoblins as an allied race. Looking at the poll results so far they seem to be midway in popularity compared to the others. Not the most popular, but there is demand for them. They also fleshed out the lore for then in Nazjatar very nicely. I am surprised murlocs got so high, but they are iconic. Murlocs are part of the unshackled so who knows?

One thing that the playable race roster is lacking is some aquatic races. There has been a number of aquatic races in wow throughout the years and I think they would all fill a niche that hasn't been covered before. Vote which you'd want to see playable in the poll.
    The answer should be obvious. People encountered them many times since Cata...

It's about time we got the Whale Shark race!