Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we are talking about aesthetics and narrative.

Do you think that in the last decade or more the centers used by the horde have blood elf aesthetics? do you think the lore of the horde is centered on the blood elves? do you think blood elves characters like lorthemar, rommath or halduron have been the protagonists of lore of the horde?
    Not even remotely true.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I mean, I can't even remember the last NEW settlement that was Belf themed...Wrath?
    Yes, and that's only if you count the flight point in Crystalsong, the one mirroring the Silver Covenant outpost. Which were both devoid of quests, or any other content, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I mean, I can't even remember the last NEW settlement that was Belf themed...Wrath?
    BfA had one in south-western Daza'alor, the reliquary place. That is pretty much the only belf representation.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

No.

Is it even a question? Sure they have had major story beats revolving around them (The Purge, Throne of Thunder, Talador, Suramar) but all of that hardly puts them above Orcs, Trolls and Forsaken in terms of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    No.

Is it even a question? Sure they have had major story beats revolving around them (The Purge, Throne of Thunder, Talador, Suramar) but all of that hardly puts them above Orcs, Trolls and Forsaken in terms of focus.
    We all know the answer to this, but there is someone on this forum who would really answer yes

We all know the answer to this, but there is someone on this forum who would really answer yes
    IDK man, I think you are wasting your time if you think you are going to change their mind about anything.

Does it? I don't see anything but orcs ALL THE TIME! Every new building every story all the time orcs orcs orcs orcs...

The horde has such a potential with races... but blizz does not use them. The bloodelves don't really do anything. Tauren are reduced to their leader. Goblins are... well i don't really care about them. The rest is negliable apparantly. Bloodelves are popular as a player char. But not really in the story.

Undead did get a small part behind Slyvannas and the trolls... well it was only the zandalari tbf... the original trolls are also somewhere but never used.

All the high budget clips I ever seen of the Horde are Orcs. Self loathing - self hating, depressed Orcs. Let's hope the Orcs can have fun again at some point..
    Broxigar would be a good example of this.

The closest one to an elf I have ever seen to having high budget screen time is Sylvanas and she is undead. Besides the of a NE in classic/original trailer and it's like five seconds. Oh wait Blood Elves got a five second clip with Burning Crusade too. Favoritism towards elves where? Besides the playerbase with the most played races. They did do a lot of customization for them.. Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves. Nightborne were totally not included for whatever reasons..? Probably because not many people created them because.. a lot of people didn't like the original concept for playerbase to play. This has been an ongoing complaint since they released them...

Still the Orcs got a posture/different body model. I am unaware how much they got customization wise, but I will guess a lot.
    I would like all races to get an additional body frame/model.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-03-16 at 10:33 PM.

Just put people like him or Teriz on ignore, do your own mental health a favor and don't succumb to the madness like Ilena and argue for 150 pages in circles with them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

we are talking about aesthetics and narrative.

Do you think that in the last decade or more the centers used by the horde have blood elf aesthetics? do you think the lore of the horde is centered on the blood elves? do you think blood elves characters like lorthemar, rommath or halduron have been the protagonists of lore of the horde?
    Not at all, one would have to be blind to claim otherwise.

3+ Year Old Account
    that one outpost in MoP in memory of Thalorien

- - - Updated - - -

I'd wager it's more like Forsaken taking over in BFA
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only things Blood Elves are dominating is the playerbase, because everyone wants to look pretty

Narrative wise, no...it's been centered around Orcs for years, Undead a bit with Sylvanas in BfA. Belves haven't had that much focus since probably BC

If we summed up all the BE-aesthetic and involvement in the story of WoW we'd end up with a shorter wall of text than the OP.
    So i'm gonna go with: No, the blood elf narrative doesn't dominate the horde.

Not in the lore, (BEs are limited to the roles of a victim, as in MoP, or a minor villain, as in most other occurences)
    and not within the game (yes, most horde tends to roll BE, cause they like to look pretty, but then proceeds to mog armor/use mounts that doesn't fit the BE aesthetic in the slightest).

Honestly if anything i want more focus on Blood Elf narrative in the Horde.

Lorthemar seems to be the only competent leader they have and Silvermoon has been stuck in TBC time they came out. I hope with the new council of the horde that once we get back to Azeroth, we will see races that arn't Orcs and Forsaken get more of the spotlight.

(Also its funny because in WoD, my high class Blood Elf character was forced to build his settlement with mud and spikes).

As for the person that the OP is referring to, I can see his argument but his solution is going at it the complete wrong way (and also one that Blizzard would never do). Instead of taking things away from the Horde, he should be coming up with stuff to put into the Alliance to make them desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about what Ravenmoon says anymore.

His RP wishes are nothing more than headcanon and twists of the lore, he wants to suit his agenda. He honestly thinks that Blizzard will make 4 races of the Horde (Nightborne, Forsaken, Blood Elves and Highmountain Tauren), completely homeless and 3 of those be completely forgotten by Blizzard, because -ma Alliance focus-.

Blood Elves are such a big race now. In every expansion, Blizzard have implemented them and in recent times, the main initial branch of Sin'dorei groups are the Reliquary.
    ravenmoon doesn't like us having queltalas! only because our starting zone is quelthalas is that it makes all those RP speeches.

5+ Year Old Account
    ravenmoon doesn't like us having queltalas! only because our starting zone is quelthalas is that it makes all those RP speeches.
    Too bad for him, cuz Quel'thalas rocks. Anar'alah belore
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Endo-enah Quel'thalas!

7+ Year Old Account
    You can ignore ravenmoon and make this a better forum
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wise words, dont fool yourself and dont read the essays, it has potential to brainwash people..and take serious damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And it can only become better when they update that+ new docks.

The garrison I was forced to spend the entirety of WoD in consisted of huts made from dirt and poop, so no, the Blood Elf aesthetic is not dominant in the Horde, it's still Orcs. Do Blood Elves dominate the narrative? No, though admittedly they get more spotlight than, say Tauren or Darkspear trolls. However, Blizzard have mostly shifted to character-centric stories instead of faction, or at least race-centric ones, so you could rather ask if e.g. Lor'themar dominates the Horde narrative (which he doesn't).

Also I only skimmed over the novel quoted in the OP, because there's probably another hidden agenda somewhere in there to make Silvermoon and Suramar Alliance again. The only point I agree on that I glossed over is that the Blood Elves should get back to their TBC identity again. I'd gladly sacrifice the Sunwell for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.