Alliance

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1371898779922804737

Biden has no plans to travel to the southern border "at the moment".
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

Nope, he is busier trying to fix ALL of the fuckups from the previous racist administration. And he is doing a damn good job at it too. Especially since the previous administration clearly didn't want to govern, and had no plans for ANYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account

Indeed... they are setting up FEMA camps, instead of photo ops...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Nope, he is busier trying to fix ALL of the fuckups from the previous racist administration. And he is doing a damn good job at it too. Especially since the previous administration clearly didn't want to govern, and had no plans for ANYTHING.
    The surge at the border is because these people know they will be treated better than they were under previous administration. If Trump supporters want that as a win... they can have it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Indeed... they are setting up FEMA camps, instead of photo ops...

- - - Updated - - -

The surge at the border is because these people know they will be treated better than they were under previous administration. If Trump supporters want that as a win... they can have it...
    Exactly, democrats are more likely to treat humans like humans. If republicans want to spin that as a bad thing, so be it.

Im gonna give credit, at least not going full blown conspiracy like his right wing brethren in the replies. yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Exactly, democrats are more likely to treat humans like humans. If republicans want to spin that as a bad thing, so be it.
    The numbers at the border are insane right now... I don’t want to disregard that, just because of the bad faith poster. It’s a major cluster fuck down there... they can’t keep up with the influx...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Why, was he planning to meet Ted Cruz down in Mexico?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The numbers at the border are insane right now... I don’t want to disregard that, just because of the bad faith poster. It’s a major cluster fuck down there... they can’t keep up with the influx...
    Ya while I acknowledge there are tons of arrivals at the border, I feel like we could let in the majority of them if we taxed the right people the right amounts. Thankfully Biden is working on this as well.

Tradition!

https://www.nytimes.com/1922/12/03/a...in-caucus.html

FILIBUSTER KILLS ANTI-LYNCHING BILL; Republican Senators in Caucus Agree to Abandon the Dyer Measure. DEADLOCK LASTED A WEEK

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas power company sued into bankruptcy, $29.1 million in bills forgiven. (That's over $1,000 per household)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    McConnell uses the term "scorched earth" when talking about the Senate.

Because all that talking about coming together was bullshit. He doesn't just want to watch the world burn, he wants to throw the molotov.
    Moscow Mitch has become senile, I'm completely convinced, he hasn't made any good political calculations in like a year now. I certainly am not scared of him anymore. Only thing republicans are capable of passing are tax cuts for the rich and judges. no other legislation, they couldn't even repeal obamacare after nearly a decade of that being their entire platform. They were able to obstruct well, but that looks to be going away too, filiibuster and cloture changes, he's terrified, and it's funny to see. I'm actually glad Mitch won re-election, to watch everything he's built crumble to ash right in front of him, and him to be there impotent to do a thing about it.

Why would he? The wall is built, Mexico paid for it, and it stopped drugs and immigrants forever.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-03-17 at 09:15 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    confused as to why you're blaming the education system for your own failings. Pretty sure they didn't teach you with fake maps.
    Because the education system never even covers those sort of topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sure it does, you just had to pay attention in geography a bit more.
    Never had a geography class. I did have an entire semester in history dedicated to learning about the confederacy though!

Edit: Based on at least one link I found, it seems teaching Geography as a standalone subject is rather rare. I remember Social Studies covering absolute basics like longitude and latitude as well as landforms like peninsulas. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...e-at-geography
    Last edited by fwc577; 2021-03-17 at 12:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Because the education system never even covers those sort of topics.
    Pretty sure the USA teachs geography. I was taught geography.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I taught geography.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I taught geography.
    Seems it's not a common thing: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...e-at-geography

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Because they're measuring it at the 8th grade level and social studies has been slaughtered in elementary school for language arts and math / science. It's taught at the high school level and usually rolled into history coursework. Look at state standards, not DeD articles. I integrated it into all my history teaching until I taught at alternative school and created a specific class for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    For the record, here are Illinois' standards for high school. Entire section on geography.

Edit: let's also add that the US tests everyone. Turn out the nonverbal kid on the spectrum is really bad at reading maps or understanding concepts such as the impact of geography on the development of cultural identity.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2021-03-17 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    he hasn't made any good political calculations in like a year now
    Unless his goal is shutting down the country.