Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Transcripts are a thing, sweaty, especially for the "hyper woke" who are concerned about accessibility. You can just admit you're making it up.
    making shit up with a bit of right wing transphobia in there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The transphobia, the dogwhistling about immigrants, the dismissal of Black voters when they didn't vote for Bernie. Man, it's almost as if the culture of "left wing" political pundits aren't actually left wing but are instead grifters or reactionary shitheads cloaking their agendas in left wing language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    This seems like a particularly dumb take. Not all TV stations or TV shows have transcripts of all their episodes.
    Which station, which TV show, what is the name of the person you're complaining about, etc. All of these are very easy things to provide, but doing so would mean your claim would be falsifiable... Gee, I wonder what the reason could be for trying to weasel out of making it easy for others to verify a claim. /s

Like I said, you're regurgitating shit which is itself a rehash of the moral outrage about political correctness. It was nonsense then, and it's nonsense now; the squirming and playing martyr when asked to prove otherwise only underscores how silly it is.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The transphobia, the dogwhistling about immigrants, the dismissal of Black voters when they didn't vote for Bernie. Man, it's almost as if the culture of "left wing" political pundits aren't actually left wing but are instead grifters or reactionary shitheads cloaking their agendas in left wing language.
    yup rochana checks every bigot box, but "totes a progressive."

10+ Year Old Account
    What is most important is that people agree that such suggestions
    Suggestions that you have not shown are actually taking place are strawmen, which is actually the important thing and why your positions are bunk from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have to agree to disagree.
    Nah, how about you actually provide support for opinions you spout rather than expecting people to treat them as legitimate as a function of you owning a computer? Lol.

No. We do not agree to disagree. Stop making bullshit statements that you can't back up.

Again, you can't provide a single source that would even mention shamanism.

Also, none of your links say what you think they say. And that has been constantly pointed out to you. You either do not understand the meaning of words, there's nothing twisted there, you just seem to not understand English, or you never read your own sources.

Beyond that you keep demonstrating that not just that you don't understand words or read your own sources, you don't understand broader concepts such as field of study, or number systems or annotations. So color me skeptical about your alleged mathematical expertise, because this is like basic maths related stuff for anyone with a science background of any kind, you'd even know this stuff if you'd taken Statistics 101 for a Social Sciences degree or something.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-03-17 at 09:53 AM.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Gee, anyone remember when he was arguing with me about how much he supported the trans community and how Europe was so great on the issue?

Meanwhile, ongoing FOA requests reveal that the UK NHS wait list for your first hormone therapy evaluation appointment is now being measured in decades and the entire continent uses an outdated clinic model regarding trans medical treatment. Meanwhile, it took me one phone call to leave a voice mail for the project coordinator at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. Two callbacks later -- one from said coordinator and the other from the doctor's scheduler -- and I'm in with a Columbia Medical trained doc for May 4th as my first appointment with her. All done by noon on the first day I called.

I switched due to my doctor retiring, and with minimal effort I got into one of the best hospitals in the country. No referrals needed, no letters from therapists, and no fuss. Informed consent is a great model. Europe is outright failing its trans people, and this dude is whining about the "woke" while they're fighting for basic treatment options.

... I forgot to post the source because I was posting from my phone, lol.
    Seriously, everything is some kind of conspiracy to you guys when it's done by individuals, apparently.

Either way, I'm pretty convinced that I'm correct and I've got the sources to back it up as well as the contacts that confirmed it.
    So either change the subject or keep on finding me keeping on claiming the same thing, I even provided official US government documents that explain a huge amount of time is wasted in US engineering courses because of the imperial system. But of course, in the same true old fashion sources have their words spun around again and while you and the rest of the forum owes me an apology for being absolutely wrong, you keep on trucking on with nothing to go on, that supposedly it would be me who is mistaken.

I didn't even 'misquote' anything, SI metrics not being used in most civil engineering courses is openly discussed as causing students to struggle when they've to move to fields that exclusively use metric. Stop asking people for sources and then making up nonsense excuses or twisting words when those sources are given.
    You are still running away from your bullshit claims... again.

Your source did not say that, you are fucking lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, that makes me laugh to be honest.
    Considering I did successfully complete the most advanced courses in mathematics possible in university and I was even considered / suggested for going for a PhD in mathematics, I would kindly request you to just drop the conversation. I'm not interested in having it with a rando on the internet who belongs to ... whatever this pish posh of misinformation is on this subforum.

As for the shamanism bit it was something I saw on TV about 2 weeks ago, sadly that clip isn't something I can directly visit online but Mr. Xe Mermaid who featured on the DNC for Biden also made an appearance in it. Stop pretending there isn't a considerable amount of over-the-top wokeism going on in the USA. The only manner in which I can rationalize that is as a counter-reaction to the conservatism of the other half of the country.
    What university was that, FSU, Florida, Miami, UCF, USF,?

- - - Updated - - -

This seems like a particularly dumb take. Not all TV stations or TV shows have transcripts of all their episodes.

Either way, that isn't the essence of what is most important to me.

What is most important is that people agree that such suggestions (that shamanism is just as valuable as maths in the real world) would fall either in the category of: "absurd" or "too extreme". - And luckily it appears most people still seem to agree on that. Although I'm noticing some dogwhistling here and there or wilfully ignoring the reality of it happening going on here and there.

And that is where the discussion ends for me and has ended for me several pages ago already. Any other requests for "EvIdEnCe" will be routinely ignored.
    Universities do... and you are the one claiming a years worth of remedial mathematics for Americans.

So, let's see those transcripts.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that's not a thing.

This is you speaking outright lies, then being called out on those lies. This isn't about disagreement at all... it's about others simply refusing to buy into the lies you keep selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

What university was that, FSU, Florida, Miami, UCF, USF,?

Trump university, of course.

Trump university, of course.
    That may explain some things.

5+ Year Old Account
    The UK has always been trying to be USA-light, especially with the Tories in charge.
    Funny how you cut out the parts about informed consent, huh? I can get an appointment in the middle of nowhere Billings, Montana inside of a few months with Planned Parenthood in the middle of a pandemic, and they operate on a sliding scale unlike UK private services like GenderGP and GenderCare.

Europe is still operating on a clinic model full of old dudes that are operating way outside standard SoC. Maybe you should concentrate on not being absolutely shit at trans medical care before you start bitching about pronouns and other "woke" bullshit that is being used by a bunch of middle aged white people to destroy healthcare for an entire group of people, hm?

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I find mermaid people and it getting mainstream traction to be just as absurd as the other issue you described there - even if they're on different levels of practicality. It's a pretty right-wing / authoritarian argument to try and make that people can only focus on one issue at a time.
    Says the dude aligning with the arguments being used by the very people who have launched an absolute blitz against trans healthcare. I got news for you, sport, it ain't your new anti-woke buddies pushing informed consent models in the US and Europe or working to improve trans healthcare in general. Quite the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I find mermaid people and it getting mainstream traction to be just as absurd as the other issue you described there - even if they're on different levels of practicality. It's a pretty right-wing / authoritarian argument to try and make that people can only focus on one issue at a time.
    Here is a list of issues, the far right finds more important than life it self:

- Mermaids.
    - She’ra boobs.
    - Lola Bunny boobs.
    - Dr Susse.

Nothing helps workers more than this... no wonder you need to lie...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Here is a list of issues, the far right finds more important than life it self:

- Mermaids.
    - She’ra boobs.
    - Lola Bunny boobs.
    - Dr Susse.

Nothing helps workers more than this... no wonder you need to lie...
    I think it's telling that they think this is more important than the healthcare of a group of people as laid out by WPATH and every major medical organization in the US. Probably Europe, too. Particularly since they keep citing the suicide rate for untreated trans people.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime I've had conversations with several people who did higher studies in the USA who confirmed to me that US engineering students did indeed need to take or attended extra general classes or lectures regarding the metric system.

So the only valid conclussion I can come to is that this forum often enjoys being collectively wrong and is a great source of misinformation. Just like it is with social justice issues.
    yeah.... Cause it can't be YOU... who has been caught in multiple lies.... lying...
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Particularly since they keep citing the suicide rate for untreated trans people.
    They did the same thing to gay people, in the 90s. They treat people like shit, then point to results of their actions, as justification for more shit. If only they treated people, like they treat cartoon characters...

- - - Updated - - -

So the only valid conclussion I can come to is that this forum often enjoys being collectively wrong and is a great source of misinformation. Just like it is with social justice issues.
    You tried with your Arch-Angel of riots bullshit, but I’m pretty sure the forum saw right through it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    really? then why do so many americans ask for cm to be converted to ft/in?
    cause. like I said in the part you edited out. You're average every day American doesn't use it much. And when we do use it there isn't much need to convert. so the only time that comes up is when talking to a person that uses metric.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They did the same thing to gay people, in the 90s. They treat people like shit, then point to results of their actions, as justification for more shit. If only they treated people, like they treat cartoon characters...
    Well, that's the whole point. I mean, look at the UK. If you talk about the actual issues of concern for the trans population and the fact that the NHS GIDs program has completely broken down that might engender sympathy and actual effort in favor of trans people. But, if, instead, you use your institutional power to complain about about the depressed, unsupported 14 year old with an anime avatar calling you a "fuckface" and canceling you on twitter you can take up a lot of time and political real estate that could otherwise be useful in addressing real issues.

It's the entire point of the anti-woke thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    yeah.... Cause it can't be YOU... who has been caught in multiple lies.... lying...
    I don’t understand that victory lap of a post about social justice, when we never let him get away with it. No one bought it... all 3 of them were trounced... no one bought their bullshit.