Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have absolutely zero expectations and I imagine that this will still be very mediocre.

Doubt anything dc continues to make will be better then the dark knight trilogy if that counts.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-17 at 04:16 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post

Doubt anything dc continues to make will be better then the dark knight trilogy if that counts.
    Well, The Dark Knight is a great movie. Batman Begins is a pretty good (if unnecessary) origin and setup film....But everyone kinda phoned it in with Dark Knight Rises.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, The Dark Knight is a great movie. Batman Begins is a pretty good (if unnecessary) origin and setup film....But everyone kinda phoned it in with Dark Knight Rises.
    Well we can only hope DC will deliver once again but this is not it sadly. Will still watch it of course.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-17 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    People can enjoy bad movies. I do so sometimes. They just shouldn't try to somehow paint these bad movies as good.
    But bad according to who? You? Your neighbour? Your wifes boyfriend? How do you explain how people can dislike what is in general seen as a "good" movie? Do they just have poor taste?

I've heard good things from reviewers I trust to give an unbiased opinion, so I'll probably give it a go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I have absolutely zero expectations and I imagine that this will still be very mediocre.

Eh, these movies were so different from usual DC stuff with no supernatural that I can't even compare them to what's out now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, these movies were so different from usual DC stuff with no supernatural that I can't even compare them to what's out now.
    Yeah that's true and is why i wondered if they count or can be compared well best thing to come from the DC universe then hehe or atleast some of the best, but i still have some hope they will make something as good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Excited to watch this!

All the bad reviews say is that they don't like to watch long movies (despite being paid for it) and how this empowers fans. If that's the worst, then the movie must be good.
    100% this, plus a specific political agenda that shall not be touched because it will derail this thread. Looking forward to this as (I hope) a descent Snyder film, with all his pros and cons that he usually brings.

I'm not believing reviews at all for this. It's becoming painfully clear from how frontloaded DC movie review scores are that they're paying a lot of the early reviewers. Remember WW84 was meant to be the most groundbreaking superhero movie ever, and was the highest scoring DC movie.. until it was actually released.

From what I've been hearing it's everything wrong (or right) with Snyders moviesx100.
    So if you think BvS was a visual masterpice wasted on the masses and you need an IQ over 140 to apreciate it, you'll LOVE his JL.
    If you think MOS was ok and BvS was a bit shit and Snyder cuts better trailers than he does movies, be ready for a LONG 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If I remember the story correctly, Zack Snyder dropped out mid-production for personal reasons. Joss Whedon took over..
    They'd done multiple reshoots, were way overbudget, and audience test screenings were STiLL deeming his version "Unwatchable". It's very clear from interviews with Snyder that Whedon was brought on for some additional writing, and then was directing and making decisions on the movie on his own BEFORE Snyder dropped out. I can't say I'm a huge Snyder fan, but that's a seriously dick move on WBs part to treat him like that though, and get a different guy to direct around him.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They'd done multiple reshoots, were way overbudget, and audience test screenings were STiLL deeming his version "Unwatchable". It's very clear from interviews with Snyder that Whedon was brought on for some additional writing, and then was directing and making decisions on the movie on his own BEFORE Snyder dropped out. I can't say I'm a huge Snyder fan, but that's a seriously dick move on WBs part to treat him like that though, and get a different guy to direct around him.
    I mean, you can do only so much when you gotta introduce 3 out of 6 main characters and tell a story in 2h of screen time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Four hours of Zack Snyder capeshit? On what world would this be considered acceptable? Krypton?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

So just watched the whole thing and it was alright perhaps a bit better then the original but nothing special. The beginning is still i dunno pretty damn bad with darkseid getting owned and all the terrible cgi, it gets better with that though.

So yeah it didnt do much for me honestly but better then the original for sure. But lets hope the second one if there will be one will be better.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-18 at 01:46 AM.

Really enjoyed it. The CG could’ve definitely been better, but it’s understandable given the circumstances. Far far better than the theatrical cut and it’s easily the strongest of the three Snyder films and probably the best DCEU film of the lot. Would actually be pretty happy to see the series continue on streaming without the involvement of the normal DCEU morons like Johns and Hamada.

Yeah i enjoyed it also for multiple reasons, its far better than the original.

I am not a big fan of the comics of DC/Marvel, mostly because i dont enjoy the 200 different storylines from different people so i avoid the comic side of things, so my knowledge of the "universes" isnt the best, i mean gamer and everything, series and everything, i obviously know more than the average person around, but still i have to google things and names all the time.

But the movie did a great job explaining back and forth each character in my opinion and extra scenes and all that, wasnt bad at all.

And finally a Flash scene where he is an actual OP speedster for a change, got so bored of all the series/movies where he is just shit weak.

They could cut back on some extra cheese lines but what can you do

Some CGI scenes are obviously made recently and hastily but they lasted a few seconds near the end, overall everything was fine, although am i the only one that noticed that wasnt Ben Afflect at the last scene? xD or is his weight loss tricking my eyes.

I watched the original on a plane and thought it sucked so i thought id give this a 2nd shot.

Ive got to say im impressed by snyder. He has taken a terrible film and made it.....longer....

I mean it really fucking sucked. All over the place, cheesy, horrible acting, and the flash, what the fuck.

The good news is if you enjoyed this film its a sign that you should go to the doctor and get some sort of cognitive test, you will fail it and the state will probably give you some sort of benefit, like a monthly payment or something.

I must say that this was a massive improvement to the original and I really liked the movie. Hopefully they'll continue with this universe and let it grow.

Let's hope Snyder continues making DC movies like this one in the future.

Just finished watching it, it still felt like it was written by a 14 year old in a hurry to get a assignment done in time, while it did fill in the backstory of some characters I quite honestly didn't care anymore about them than I did the first time round. There was nothing wrong the cast, but they had nothing to work with the god awful script and plot.

I give the original Justice league 4/10, I give this 2/10 for wasting my time with promises of "a better and fleshed out version" it didn't help to make it any less flawed and a better watch, it had 90 minutes worth of story tops.

This is probably not helped that I watched all the MCU films from Ironman in 4k during lockdown (excluding Norton's Hulk which was dog shit) the story telling and pacing is top notch in comparison, they also draw you in with humor and likable characters. Justice league and the people in just felt soulless and dull.

The epilogue did make me laugh, in a WTF was he thinking? sort of way...
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-03-18 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Just finished watching it, it still felt like it was written by a 14 year old in a hurry to get a assignment done in time, while it did fill in the backstory of some characters I quite honestly didn't care anymore about them than I did the first time round. There was nothing wrong the cast, but they had nothing to work with the god awful script and plot.

I give the original Justice league 4/10, I give this 2/10 for wasting my time with promises of "a better and fleshed out version" it didn't help to make it any less flawed and a better watch, it had 90 minutes worth of story tops.

This is probably not helped that I watched all the MCU films from Ironman in 4k during lockdown (excluding Norton's Hulk which was dog shit) the story telling and pacing is top notch in comparison, they also draw you in with humor and likable characters. Justice league and the people in just felt soulless and dull.

The epilogue did make me laugh, in a WTF was he thinking? sort of way...
    The epilogue was really weird. Ben Affleck seemed so disinterested during the Martian Manhunter bit. I found the rest of the film quite enjoyable. I didn’t think it was poorly written - though Terrio did an awful job with Batman v Superman and Rise of Skywalker - but a little overlong in places it didn’t need to be, whilst the exposition was quite heavy handed in places. Not a perfect movie by any measure, but still enjoyable. The characters felt pretty strong in fact. I can’t be bothered to compare it to Marvel films because they’re not meant to be the same type of films. The superhero genre is a wide enough space for two distinct types of films to exist, and I’m okay with that. I’m able to enjoy both in their own space. The film could’ve been trimmed by around 45 minutes and would be much tighter. But as a mini series style gig, acceptable.

This was so much better than the original Justice League it probably would have saved the DCU had it come out three years ago. The best improvements are Cyborg's storyline(no wonder Ray Fisher was so pissed at Joss Whedon) and the finale. The half hour epilogue could have been safely trimmed away since it's not really relevant without a sequel movie.

I'm not far in, but I'm not impressed. So far, the biggest changes seem to have been to significantly slow the pace and add in obnoxious wailing/singing. One thing that seriously bothers me about the intro sequence where Wonder Woman takes out the terrorists: what exactly is the function of the building the terrorists took over? Because it looks like a museum to me. The reason that bothers me is the main terrorist spouts some inane dribble about "DOWN WITH THE MODERN WORLD!!!" If he has such a problem with the modern world, then why the fuck would you bomb a museum??? You should be going after power plants, backup servers for major tech companies, WiFi towers, etc. A museum is a fucking building dedicated to the past.