Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I am a fan of both, but neither is better than the other. They have different strengths and weaknesses. I overall prefer Warcraft as it is a (relatively) more comfy world to relax in than Warhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Has he finished the Eisnehorn/Ravenor/Bequin saga yet? IIRC there are still like 1 or 2 books left.
    Aye Pandemonium will be the third novel in the Bequin trilogy, no news on that yet though but Penitent was a absolute amazing novel so really looking forward to it.

Highly recommend the audio books too for both Pariah and Penitent on audible.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Penitent is the second Bequin book, I think the next should finish the trilogy of trilogies.
    Correct and it will be called Pandemonium but no news on it yet.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-16 at 01:24 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Aye Pandemonium will be the third novel in the Bequin trilogy, no news on that yet though but Penitent was a absolute amazing novel so really looking forward to it.

Highly recommend the audio books too for both Pariah and Penitent on audible.
    - - - Updated - - -

Correct and it will be called Pandemonium but no news on it yet.
    As there was 8 years between Pariah and Penitent I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As there was 8 years between Pariah and Penitent I am not holding my breath.
    Hehe true thankfully there is or will be alot of other novels in the meantime and there was some major revelations in Penitent i can see them building on unless Abnett wants to continue that arc.

Dan Abnett is also rumored to write the last or the one before in the Siege of Terra serie think there is 2 or 3 left. Im thinking ADB will write Sanguinius holding the Eternity Gate against chaos he is also rumored to battle Daemon Angron there or before horus and Abnett will write the last with the duel between Horus and the Emperor or vice versa. Not sure but i think there will be some Sigismund vs Kharn and Jaghatai Khan vs Daemon Fulgrim too.

Im fine with either of them writing the books ADB is also amazing and he does a damn good job writing chaos and is said to working on or will work on a new Black Legion novel too.

So good stuff coming.

Cant wait for Warhammer the old world to return though so we get some good old fantasy adventures again where it's all about the world and the characters.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-16 at 09:56 PM.

Hehe true thankfully there is or will be alot of other novels in the meantime and there was some major revelations in Penitent i can see them building on unless Abnett wants to continue that arc.

Dan Abnett is also rumored to write the last or the one before in the Siege of Terra serie think there is 2 or 3 left. Im thinking ADB will write Sanguinius holding the Eternity Gate against chaos he is also rumored to battle Daemon Angron there or before horus and Abnett will write the last with the duel between Horus and the Emperor or vice versa. Not sure but i think there will be some Sigismund vs Kharn and Jaghatai Khan vs Daemon Fulgrim too.

Im fine with either of them writing the books ADB is also amazing and he does a damn good job writing chaos and is said to working on or will work on a new Black Legion novel too.

So good stuff coming.

Cant wait for Warhammer the old world to return though so we get some good old fantasy adventures again where it's all about the world and the characters.
    Dan Abnett is single-handedly carrying the Wh40k lore these days.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Dan Abnett is single-handedly carrying the Wh40k lore these days.
    He's one of the top dogs for sure and have been there since the start I think but black library have alot of great authors though like guy haley, ADB, andy clark, ben counter, john french, darius hinks, anthony and josh reynolds, james swallow, andy smillie, graham mcneill etc etc.

They have also started with horror and crime serie novels in the 40k universe and there is some really fucking good ones highly recommended some of the horror ones.

But like I said I can't wait for warhammer the old world to return with some proper fantasy adventures again I do miss them very much and is kinda burned out on 40k atm having read and listened to a ton of novels lately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Warhammer is a gritty and psychological story of hopelessness.

Warcraft is a fanfiction that can be written on half a page.
    How is Warcraft a fanfiction? Cause you dislike the fact Sylvanas is being empowered by someone who's canonically more threatening than Sargeras and potentially the Void?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    How is Warcraft a fanfiction? Cause you dislike the fact Sylvanas is being empowered by someone who's canonically more threatening than Sargeras and potentially the Void?
    I was referring about the entire story of Warcraft from the RTS game, but sure, make it about Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I was referring about the entire story of Warcraft from the RTS game, but sure, make it about Sylvanas.
    The RTS games are heavily retconned. Not to mention Warcraft isn't just the RTS. Also, I did make it about Sylvanas because almost everyone complains about her and writes her stuff as "fanfiction" without realizing why she's powerful to begin with.

The RTS games are heavily retconned. Not to mention Warcraft isn't just the RTS. Also, I did make it about Sylvanas because almost everyone complains about her and writes her stuff as "fanfiction" without realizing why she's powerful to begin with.
    If the entire premise of the games lore has been retconned heavily over and over again, then the lore means next to nothing. It's fine if you like Warcraft lore. I used to like it...until they kept retconning it for the Disney Marvel show they're pushing these days. If you're lucky they'll stick with the direction you love so much and not twist it into something else just to cater to a new crowd.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's one of the top dogs for sure and have been there since the start I think but black library have alot of great authors though like guy haley, ADB, andy clark, ben counter, john french, darius hinks, anthony and josh reynolds, james swallow, andy smillie, graham mcneill etc etc.

They have also started with horror and crime serie novels in the 40k universe and there is some really fucking good ones highly recommended some of the horror ones.

But like I said I can't wait for warhammer the old world to return with some proper fantasy adventures again I do miss them very much and is kinda burned out on 40k atm having read and listened to a ton of novels lately.
    My problem with 40k has been all the primaris stuff. I vehemently dislike the way gw decided that space marines weren't good enough space marines, shouldn't have happened the way it did.

However, everything outside of that is still pretty good, and the horus heresy (both books and on the tabletop) have been more than good enough in balancing the bad out for me. Also can't wait for old warhammer to return, I hope lizardmen get some nice additions.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    If the entire premise of the games lore has been retconned heavily over and over again, then the lore means next to nothing. It's fine if you like Warcraft lore. I used to like it...until they kept retconning it for the Disney Marvel show they're pushing these days. If you're lucky they'll stick with the direction you love so much and not twist it into something else just to cater to a new crowd.
    At most, the old lore is retconned cause a lot of things were either not at all explained, or weren't fully established as old Blizz didn't know wtf to do with WoW tbh.

Regarding current WoW (Especially regarding the lore from WoTLK to now), everything's been rather consistent.

Regarding current WoW (Especially regarding the lore from WoTLK to now), everything's been rather consistent.
    No it hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No it hasn't
    What hasn't been consistent?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jaghatai Khan vs Daemon Fulgrim too.
    This one seems incredibly unlikely for the siege, frulgrim peaced out of the siege after his fight with dorn. All that seems left for the 3rd to do is have bile Ditch as well and then every thing to hell for them.

The khan will likely fight mort again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This one seems incredibly unlikely for the siege, frulgrim peaced out of the siege after his fight with dorn. All that seems left for the 3rd to do is have bile Ditch as well and then every thing to hell for them.

The khan will likely fight mort again though.
    Yeah true Emperors Children kinda just leaves and go on a orgy of slaughter on the terra population if i remember right grinding people into combat drugs and other nice stuff.

Would be epic to see the Khan vs Fulgrim though the Khan just absolutely verbaly destroys fulgrim in one book too with awesome quotes like this:

'I heard you do strange things to your warriors.' after fulgrim said something to the Khan

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah true Emperors Children kinda just leaves and go on a orgy of slaughter on the terra population if i remember right grinding people into combat drugs and other nice stuff.

Would be epic to see the Khan vs Fulgrim though the Khan just absolutely verbaly destroys fulgrim in one book too with awesome quotes like this:

'I heard you do strange things to your warriors.' after fulgrim said something to the Khan
    I could see it happening in the 41rst the last Fabius book seems to be leading to some fulgrim rumbling and the infinite and the divine’s ending should lead to clone fulgrim showing back up soon unless they just kill him off which would be a shame.

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Warhammer is probably the most violent and horrific fantasy universe out there. I do enjoy collecting some of the miniatures though, mostlt the undead ones. I have a whole box of the paints too lol. I think I perfer Warcraft to WH40k. It's much more 'softer' and possibly even somewhat comfortable to live in, if you think about it. Plus, it even has trolls who have an even cooler Death God. And the men are hot hehe
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The OP asked about Warhammer Fantasy instead of Warhammer 40k though.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer by far and it's nearing it's one thousand novels and it's one of the most fleshed out ip's there is.

Black library have tons of amazing authors too.

One example is world building and teasing events like the War in heavens and dark age of technology we know next to nothing about it and when GW desides they want to build on that they have hundreds of novels easily they can write on just those 2 events.

Or one very recent event and a major plot line for the lore, also something that's just been teased all the way back to the eisenhorn novels.

From Penitent by Dan Abnett

It's been revealed that the Yellow King is no other then Constantine Valdor and he's been away in a pocket dimention called the City of Dust creating a army of blanks and winged daemons called Grails.

He's motives are to find out the true name of the God Emperor, some say it's to heal him and some say it's to controll him.

Major reveal as the yellow king has been hinted as far back as the eisenhorn novels.

But about fantasy yeah can't freaking wait for the old world to return with tons of new lore.
    Excuse me... One thousand novels? O_O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Excuse me... One thousand novels? O_O
    It’s likely around that number ya. It’s not uncommon for single characters to have 10+ Books then there is stuff like the heresy which has like 70 or so and then there are a metric ton of one offs and trilogy’s.