Page 8 of 205 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brissett who I totally forgot was even on the market's going to the Dolphins to "back up" Tua.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36528218296320
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    George Paton has been consistent in saying he is going to bring in a vet backup since he was hired. The 3 best of those are not available now, so maybe that changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that makes 4 gone. Blaine Gabbert here we come.
    There's always Alex Smith.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Flacco.... ugh not typing out a list
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...l/quarterback/

A handful out there that could be serviceable backups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I was thinking. Does anyone actually HATE Drew Brees? NFC South maybe dislikes him, but actual hate?

I think he's one of those rare QBs or star players who got through their career and had abundant success without having many detractors. That's pretty amazing.

Then again, he's going to the Broadcast booth now, so there's a good chance half the population will start hating him if he's as boring as Aikman. xD
    I'm changing what I posted about Brees..... F$%^ whoever thought it would be a good idea for thinking it would be a good idea for a Falcon twitter sent off for Brees. F&$$ Brees glad he is gone....F&#% Brady...and F#$$ Cam the sham.

Can't wait to see the Bag-heads in New Orleans again....Bucs back in their orange creamsicle uniform crap playing ways....and Carolina playing like kittens.

There I said it...shots fired. Best thing that can happen this year is Brady eating grass and Gronk getting blind-sided going 0-Don't care, Saints going 0-don't care, and Carolina falling off the face of the map....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm changing what I posted about Brees..... F$%^ whoever thought it would be a good idea for thinking it would be a good idea for a Falcon twitter sent off for Brees. F&$$ Brees glad he is gone....F&#% Brady...and F#$$ Cam the sham.

Can't wait to see the Bag-heads in New Orleans again....Bucs back in their orange creamsicle uniform crap playing ways....and Carolina playing like kittens.

There I said it...shots fired. Best thing that can happen this year is Brady eating grass and Gronk getting blind-sided going 0-Don't care, Saints going 0-don't care, and Carolina falling off the face of the map....
    Falcons have to respect that thing they don't have, a super bowl winner.

I would like that if he can get back to pre-injury. Plenty of guys he could dink and dunk down the field with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Shaq Griffin heading to Jacksonville https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status...66682612801536
    Jacksonville sure is absorbing Seattle sendoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logwyn hoping the Falcons can be the first 4-12 division winner?
    /s

Logwyn hoping the Falcons can be the first 4-12 division winner?
    Can't you do like 0-10-6? Or 3-13?

10+ Year Old Account
    2-13-1 I think is stastically the lowest.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    2-13-1 I think is stastically the lowest.
    The 2 wins and 1 draw would have to come against the division. That leaves 3 games that you lost in the division. I don't think all 4 teams can have this stat line, and if one has a better one you lose the division, which was the original premise.

I think the whole division would have to end 2-12-2. And then luck or points scored or differential would decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    17 games this year tho

9ers paid a 33 year old Trent Williams 6 years 138m...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    17 games this year tho

9ers paid a 33 year old Trent Williams 6 years 138m...
    Its the 49ers so injury insurance will end up covering most of it anyway.
    /s

Watson is being sued (or will be?) for allegedly asking for a rub and tug (which he denies). Either the Texans are trying to smear him, or Watson knows Easterby didn't like Kraft getting one and thinks it might help him get traded. The lawyer for the accuser was McNair's neighbor, announced it on instagram plugging his website and seems like a nutjob. Not sure how else this is even a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watson is being sued (or will be?) for allegedly asking for a rub and tug (which he denies). Either the Texans are trying to smear him, or Watson knows Easterby didn't like Kraft getting one and thinks it might help him get traded. The lawyer for the accuser was McNair's neighbor, announced it on instagram plugging his website and seems like a nutjob. Not sure how else this is even a thing.
    Exactly what we needed, more Texans Drama. Better than a soap opera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile apparently the Panthers are now "all in" on trading for Watson.

But that asking price will no come cheap. The Bears reportedly were willing to give up three firsts and two starting players for Wilson (who will 100% not be traded if the Seahawks didn't take that haul).

Bills signed Emmanuel Sanders. A little pricey considering how cheap John Brown just signed for with the Raiders after we let him go, but we now have a trio of WRs who are all in the top 5 in terms of separation in the league. Daboll daring teams to run zone against them, man press will be the only feasible way to defend the Bills.

Also rumors that Ertz might be signing in Buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills signed Emmanuel Sanders. A little pricey considering how cheap John Brown just signed for with the Raiders after we let him go, but we now have a trio of WRs who are all in the top 5 in terms of separation in the league. Daboll daring teams to run zone against them, man press will be the only feasible way to defend the Bills.

Also rumors that Ertz might be signing in Buffalo.
    Bills WRs remind me of the Chiefs. Get as many speed demons as possible and just tell them run down the field.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bills WRs remind me of the Chiefs. Get as many speed demons as possible and just tell them run down the field.
    Al Davis Method
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Denver rescinded their RFA tender on Philip Lindsay. I was surprised they even tendered him to begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    S Patrick Chung is retiring. He brought a LOT to the Patriots back end when he was here, stuff that mostly went unnoticed by the general public, but with him being out of football last year and his production mostly being replaced by our 2nd round rookie Kyle Dugger and Adrian Phillips, I think we can manage his retirement.

There was a time when we absolutely wouldn't have been able to. One of the many unsung heroes of the Patriots 2014-19 era. Time waits for no man though and if he feels he's done, then he should listen to his heart.

I have the feeling the Patriots knew about this move though, cause the Jalen Mills signing was somewhat odd when we still had Chung, Dugger, Phillips and slot CB Jonathan Jones on the roster, who are all starting quality players, in the same general box type defensive back role.

With Chung now retired that solves that playing time crunch problem.

I can imagine that in the future that Mills stays in the box role and Dugger moves in a more free role in the back end that Devin McCourty currently still plays for us. Dugger was a Free Safety in college and he might be more suited to that role, given his more limited experience with man-to-man coverage. Dugger is built like a linebacker though, so if he can pick up more of the man-to-man concepts and be used to cover TE's and big slot receivers, he could be a weapon.