Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    I want to do it for both and since I don't raid or do keystones joining a guild is out.
    Why is joining a guild out? You don't have to raid or do m+ to join a guild. Even top end guilds invite non-raiders as social members.

OK tbh I looked at the 168 stuff as a crafter and thought no one would be able to be "cordial" as yet so I never even considered the AH. Dang. Anywho yeah it wasn't that expensive and its worth a shot on the Mage. As for the Ven'ari rep there must be some way to speed it up that I missed.

Back to the priest. I have never played Disc and have no clue how to play the spec. Then again it appears I have no idea how to play Shadow either.
    Shadowlands has been out for months dude. There are people that have been farming Ven’ari rep since November 25th. Even just doing her weeklies will max out rep in about 6 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The special quest-only variants of Torghast are so ridiculously easy that a fresh 60 in leveling gear should be able to melt the entire place unless you're intentionally not taking any powers to boost yourself. The intro version of Torghast and Warden Skoldus are designed to be beaten by just about anyone who has a pulse. You're doing something very VERY wrong if that's giving you trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I don't understand... we're talking about ilvl 140 and 160 characters, and there is ilvl 190 gear lying everywhere. Can't OP just do some WQs, adventure missions to get some better gear, and then try again?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I don't understand... we're talking about ilvl 140 and 160 characters, and there is ilvl 190 gear lying everywhere. Can't OP just do some WQs, adventure missions to get some better gear, and then try again?
    World quest rewards scale with you. You don't get 190 gear from WQs the moment you get to 60. Same for the adventures table. The thing here is that the OP doesn't need the gear to clear the version of Torghast he's talking about, but he does need to clear it to advance his Covenant campaign, which in turn will allow easier access to gear upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

yeah, I know, but ultimately current rewards let him improve his gear, then rewards would improve, letting him to steadily progress. Can't see what's the rush with buying gear and boosts if at this point of the game it's quite easy to improve the gear in solo content
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

These boss mobs can be stunned and slowed and everything your cook book has to offer.

The S. Priest is ilvl 160 and even has a pretty good weapon (171). All of this from WQ's.
    The Mage is ilvl 140 and also has a good weapon (190) that I paid 75k for.
    Higher ilvl should help alot, you can buy 168 crafted pieces on AH, which should be quite cheap. Or just run heroic 5mans. Quest torghast wings are as hard as overland content, if you can do WQ you can do this aswell.

I managed to do multiple layer 8 on 170ish fire mage, it was painful but doable.

The S. Priest is ilvl 160 and even has a pretty good weapon (171). All of this from WQ's.

The 2 characters have very different situations. Something has happened with the S. Priest this expansion and I can't play it right. It kept dying so f'ing easy while leveling that I was ready to pull the plug irrespective of Torghast . But I'm stubborn so I'll finish the campaign if I can but I suspect this character is going to be retired after SL. The Mage leveled fine but after that damned Priest and with 5.3 more alts to level I refuse to put that much time in to it.

Point of Information: I don't pvp, raid or do Mythic +. Heroic 5's and collecting stuff is my limit.

As for Torghast, in general I despise it. It is very time consuming and there is no reason for that it to be involved in solo play which the Covenant Campaigns most certainly are. YMMV.
    Well there is your problem, you don't do any real content you simply have viewed the game from low end. Torghast wasn't designed to be completed at a heroic ilvl more a normal raid ilvl. I believe you will want to invest some time into Mythic 0's through M+5's and I think you'll find a weekly M0 world tour would boost your ilvl immensely. Find some friends to get this done and I bet you roll Torghast my friend. Maybe mix in some raid finder as well, dont be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatu View Post
    Well there is your problem, you don't do any real content you simply have viewed the game from low end. Torghast wasn't designed to be completed at a heroic ilvl more a normal raid ilvl. I believe you will want to invest some time into Mythic 0's through M+5's and I think you'll find a weekly M0 world tour would boost your ilvl immensely. Find some friends to get this done and I bet you roll Torghast my friend. Maybe mix in some raid finder as well, dont be scared.
    We're not talking actual Torghast here;
    the OP is about the tourist mode scenario where you save Baine in the end.
    That one is actually designed for ilvl 130ish characters (ergo: fresh level 60s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Maybe get better gear? Normal torghast is not hard at all.
    and the quest versions are even lower difficulty than normal torghast. I would just read up on the class some more and get some practice should be able to do that no problem.

If you can't complete the scenario... how did you make it to 60 ?

The 2 characters have very different situations. Something has happened with the S. Priest this expansion and I can't play it right.
    Shadow priest is one of those classes that I've mained this expac and I hate absolutely thoroughly. The secret apparently is to clip your mind flay for anything else, and focus on keeping dots up and getting mind blast casts.

On the other hand, if you don't do anything above heroic dungeons you're going to have a tough time of doing anything Torghast related, because you have to go back at least 4 times in the campaign.
    Last edited by Steelangel; 2021-03-17 at 08:35 PM.

Simple solution be a death knight problem solved lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Shadow priest is one of those classes that I've mained this expac and I hate absolutely thoroughly. The secret apparently is to clip your mind flay for anything else, and focus on keeping dots up and getting mind blast casts.

On the other hand, if you don't do anything above heroic dungeons you're going to have a tough time of doing anything Torghast related, because you have to go back at least 4 times in the campaign.
    You need none of that to beat the scripted scenario version of torghast. Fill the bar and press devouring plague when full is sufficient to clear it. It's probably good to learn how to play properly if you want to keep playing the character, but you need none of that to get through the very first intro to torghast.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The ilvls on your alts is really low. I've barely done any high content on my mage and its 195 ilvl. I can't even imagine trying to do anything in 140 or 160 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    yeah, I know, but ultimately current rewards let him improve his gear, then rewards would improve, letting him to steadily progress. Can't see what's the rush with buying gear and boosts if at this point of the game it's quite easy to improve the gear in solo content
    It would take ages to improve his gear that way, since the pieces you get are only marginally above what you currently have without the campaign upgrades. The thing is, it's not needed (it helps though to get some cheap blue stuff from the AH) to beat the intro scenario. He is clearly just not utilizing the classes toolkit (like not at all). You should be able to beat the rescue baine mission without even picking up powers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It would take ages to improve his gear that way, since the pieces you get are only marginally above what you currently have without the campaign upgrades. The thing is, it's not needed (it helps though to get some cheap blue stuff from the AH) to beat the intro scenario. He is clearly just not utilizing the classes toolkit (like not at all). You should be able to beat the rescue baine mission without even picking up powers.
    To prove this is true, I ran the Baine scenario on my new-60 frost mage with no gear above normal dungeon and quest drops, ilevel ~150. I took no powers and handily defeated Arkoban, though admittedly I did have to work for it.

OK tbh I looked at the 168 stuff as a crafter and thought no one would be able to be "cordial" as yet so I never even considered the AH. Dang. Anywho yeah it wasn't that expensive and its worth a shot on the Mage. As for the Ven'ari rep there must be some way to speed it up that I missed.

Back to the priest. I have never played Disc and have no clue how to play the spec. Then again it appears I have no idea how to play Shadow either.
    Has been a while since I played but is this from the quest that introduce Torghast for the first time? If so, then Disc Priest is doable at that since I have completed it as one with even lower gear level. Just pure quest gear.

Disc Priest for solo is not difficult so you could try using that that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the problem. Solutions: Get more gear? WQ scale all the way up to 194~197 gear. Dungeon drops from heroic dungeons (via LFD) is 171. And even if covenant progress is halted, you can still upgrade covenant gear up to a certain point.

Now is that time/resource effective? Probably not considering faster/better methods of gearing BUT... Like OP stated, they don't raid nor do they do M+ but even without those two, there is still gear progression.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.