Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    their level of success kills joy in the pasttimes they once created. making games like FUT (ea) or pumping out CoDs as fast as possible whilst firing people in a pandemic really makes you a monster. or a wise businessman. somehow the latter is the socially accepted way it goes and it sucks. i wouldn't wish harm on anyone, but the norns really could shorten that thread.

when a game stands at the crossroads of fun or money and he kicks the devs down the money path.. not the bonus is the problem. he and his entourage are the problem. always have been, always will.
    Wait, you think he sits in on meetings with devs and dictates the direction of the game? You are confusing "I don't like this game right now" with "they have ruined the game for greed".

Warzone is ft2 and has been a monster hit - it's hugely popular and is literally ftp. I can understand people being frustrated that their favorite franchise is not as enjoyable to them as it once was, but what you are saying has very little in common with the reality of being the ceo of a company this massive.

I should also add that Blizzard have always been a profit driven company - just like everyone in the entire industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And lets not forget that Bobby boy is also a non-executive director of The Coca-Cola Company.
    And lets not forget he doesn't pay taxes because he "donates" money to his alma mater at Michigan for them to build buildings, athletic facilities and name positions after him.

American dream boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Friendly reminder Iwata took a 50% paycut and reduced other executives pay by 20-30% because he refused to let a single employee go when Nintendo was losing money during the Wii U fiasco. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-25941070 Even more surprising when you factor in Nintendo executives already make far less then US execs: https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/23/miy...ntendo-salary/

Meanwhile ole Bobby here pocketing fat bonuses and telling his employees to go fuck themselves while giving them fake money they can only spend in company. You can't make up how big of a joke this is, unchecked american capitalism personified.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-17 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This isn't a yearly bonus. There may be other parts of his contract that trigger bonuses though.
    Oops missed that.

I'm now realizing I also for some reason equated what I thought was a yearly bonus to a monthly sub, so my numbers are all around wrong.

Still, that's an obscene amount of money for one person's bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I always wonder how many people would turn down his pay for his job...
    *raises hand*

The notion of having or being paid hundreds of millions is pretty odious and gross to me.

No offense just making a statement

1)Most of you are just as greedy/selfish as this person here in your general lives.

2) you guys gave him this money.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    No offense just making a statement

1)Most of you are just as greedy/selfish as this person here in your general lives.

2) you guys gave him this money.
    Logical fallacy: the post. What a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    *raises hand*

The notion of having or being paid hundreds of millions is pretty odious and gross to me.
    i applaud your honesty... i would not be able to turn down a job offer of his position and his pay. I'd like to think i'd be generous with the money and help friends/family but yeah turn down that type of pay couldn't do it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

This isn't an "activision thing" or a "blizzard thing"

This is a capitalism thing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    "While the pandemic has made Kotick even richer, it hasn’t put an end to layoffs at Activision Blizzard. The company laid off roughly 800 people in early 2019, followed by hundreds more in the subsequent months, the closing of its French office, and just yesterday it confirmed that somewhere between 50 and 190 more people would be let go, including in its esports division, which has struggled over the last year during the ban on in-person gaming events."

How can people even question why wow and their other games is in such horrible condition? This is why.
    And lets hear "Hurrr durrr omg they were dont devs laid off"... Because 1000 fuckin people across a company as no effect on anything right? I would love to be as ignorant as the people actually believing that dumbass gullible story...
    It hasn’t been 1000 people across a company blizzard and activivsion don’t work as one company and the vast Majority of the layoffs were activison.

And no said layoffs wouldn’t really effect any thing If they were all in similar positions to the esports people from this batch as there aren’t any in person esporting events going on and hasn’t been for a year now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Activision, isnt that why the original wow OG's left as they didnt have as much control over wow anymore?
    No one who has actually left has ever said any thing like this it’s just something fans made up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    190 people sacked instead of their promised 3000 hires, and then they give the posterchild for greed 200 mill.

The American dream never made it out of the 60's.
    Why do you think they aren’t hiring? For example they just had a new narrative person join the wow team the other day and there are sure to be tons of other hiring S that don’t get a lot of of any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i applaud your honesty... i would not be able to turn down a job offer of his position and his pay. I'd like to think i'd be generous with the money and help friends/family but yeah turn down that type of pay couldn't do it.
    Well it isn't as simple as just that. I'm perfectly ok with someone saying they wouldn't decline the pay however if you say you would take this same ridiculous pay while treating your employees like expendable garbage then that gos past "I couldn't turn down the money" and actually makes you an evil person like Kotick is. It's not about keeping investors happy, because they don't give a fuck if the money go's to him or other employees he is willingly pocketing money that he could use to create more jobs and eliminate layoffs. The dude is evil so it's a weak defense to just put it like "I couldn't turn down $200 mil". It's coming at the expense of other humans, not out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    No one who has actually left has ever said any thing like this it’s just something fans made up..
    Fair enough just recently watched this video where it was mentioned.

or well i watched a reaction video of the decline of blizzard video right after the fall of fallout 76 and The Engoodening of No Man's Sky videos, hilarious stuff btw highly recommend them for the entertainment.

Video is not about blizz is dead btw just the quality of their games and recent events like reforged and stuff it's pretty good.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-18 at 03:15 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It hasn’t been 1000 people across a company blizzard and activivsion don’t work as one company and the vast Majority of the layoffs were activison.

And no said layoffs wouldn’t really effect any thing If they were all in similar positions to the esports people from this batch as there aren’t any in person esporting events going on and hasn’t been for a year now.

- - - Updated - - -

No one who has actually left has ever said any thing like this it’s just something fans made up.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think they aren’t hiring? For example they just had a new narrative person join the wow team the other day and there are sure to be tons of other hiring S that don’t get a lot of of any attention.

There was a huge thread about this by Josh Sawyer on twitter recently about people working jobs in big studios just for the title on their resume, interesting read. First off, you're ignoring the fact that contracts are a thing and the fucking CEO of Blizzard quits and then makes his own company with thinly veiled shots on Activision's way of running a company.

It's not a fan fic, it's called an underpaid dev afraid to shit to get sued for defamation and/or breach of contract. On top of all that, you're looking at all the people who have jumped ship from Blizzard in the past 5 years and think it's normal? Come on, man. It's borderline damage control.

It's the same path of Bioware, The slow metamorphosis into a famous name exploiter. "From the makers of Mass Effect and Dragon Age" means shit anymore. All those people are gone and the games have had major missteps.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-03-18 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There was a huge thread about this by Josh Sawyer on twitter recently about people working jobs in big studios just for the title on their resume, interesting read. First off, you're ignoring the fact that contracts are a thing and the fucking CEO of Blizzard quits and then makes his own company with thinly veiled shots on Activision's way of running a company.

It's not a fan fic, it's called an underpaid dev afraid to shit to get sued for defamation and/or breach of contract. On top of all that, you're looking at all the people who have jumped ship from Blizzard in the past 5 years and think it's normal? Come on, man. It's borderline damage control.

It's the same path of Bioware, The slow metamorphosis into a famous name exploiter. "From the makers of Mass Effect and Dragon Age" means shit anymore. All those people are gone and the games have had major missteps.
    Watched a a good video of a guy naming all that left bioware, some 150 senior devs included lol crazy stuff.

This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Ar...st=LL&index=17
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

said CEO of blizzard is one of the core reasons blizzard run's the company the way they do. do you think this kind of stuff is new? they have been doing the same with since they closed down blizzard north in 2005.

and ya its absolutely fanfic there have been 100's of people come and go over the years but not a single one has said a thing about Activision or contracts that stop them from speaking. there's just nothing real backing up these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Activision-Blizzard took in $8 BILLION last year.

Kotick may be reviled on here (including by me), but it's not his job to be liked. It's his job to take things that make money and squeeze them to make more. And once money stops coming out he throws them away and squeezes something else.

If anything, it's our fault he's getting a $200 million bonus... We're the ones buying his crap.
    I hope you realize what a dogshit argument this is and are just trolling.

By this logic we shouldn't buy fucking anything unless we know exactly how every company does executive bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    This isn't an "activision thing" or a "blizzard thing"

This is a capitalism thing.
    It can be both.

One way folks can get the ball rolling to fix all of this bullshit is to have a violent and extremely bloody revolution.

Fortunately for the extremely wealthy, the vast majority of people are not that uncomfortable yet with the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    I have a lack of understanding about someone like this.
    It's the difference between employees, and entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneurs are like kings; they are tasked with the scary responsibility of being the guy responsible for the ship. If the country falls, he's utterly screwed. It's a scary responsibility and no one would do it unless there was something really, really valuable to offset it. Hence why kings get the most reward for the risk they take. The peasants/employees don't take those risks; they don't particularly care who is king or what flag flies over their head, so long as they get paid. They face no risk.

Employees are people exchanging their personal freedom for the security of guaranteed pay. It's low pay, but it's guaranteed. It's safety. You can come into work, work your 9 to 5, and then go "My shift is over, I'm going home". The employee doesn't have to put any more effort into their job for their paycheck. Employees also have the freedom to walk away from the job and find another job, or start up their own business.

Entrepreneurs don't have those luxuries. The entrepreneur engages in risk that employees do not. An entrepreneur can't walk away from his business; his wealth is invested in it. An entepreneuer doesn't get to mindlessly work from 9 to 5 and go "my shift is over, I don't have to put anymore effort in"; if he has to work 500 hour months to keep the business afloat, he has to do it, or else he sinks with the business (whereas employees don't have to think about the fate of the business after work. They just do as they are told to during their shift, and if they are laid off, no biggie, find another job). Again, an entrepreneur engages in risk and invests more effort than his employees. An entrepreneur who set up that factory had to put in effort in figuring out the setup, forging connections, figuring out the schedule, sorting out the marketing, investing his time, and RISK HIS ASSETS. CEOs are paid the most because they are paid last; they only get big bucks if he is running the business right and everyone else has been paid. CEOs exchange their time, their safety, and their freedom, for the potential have high reward that is not guaranteed.

The news is great news for Bobby Kotick. He's doing a good job as CEO. It might not be good news to you. That depends on whether or not you've grown up in an education system that indoctrinates people with communist ideals about workers being exploited and the evils of entrepreneurs/capitalists.

As for the laid off employees, entrepreneurs have the right to lay off employees when they are no longer needed. And the employees are getting a pretty good deal. 12 months of Blizzard healthcare is great, and a 3 month severance package.

There are many things to be mad at Blizzard about. This isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-03-18 at 03:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    One way folks can get the ball rolling to fix all of this bullshit is to have a violent and extremely bloody revolution. Fortunately for the extremely wealthy, the vast majority of people are not that uncomfortable yet with the status quo.
    Lol what? You are saying there should be a bloody and violent revolution over a gift card being given out as a severance package? You'll never fix that in any system because eventually people will need to be let go from a job for various reasons. And then outrage over perceived insult of a severance package will start the revolution all over again.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I hope you realize what a dogshit argument this is and are just trolling.

By this logic we shouldn't buy fucking anything unless we know exactly how every company does executive bonuses.
    We do know how every company does executive bonuses. They do it like this.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We do know how every company does executive bonuses. They do it like this.
    What's your point then, I assume it's not "Just stop buying everything".