Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is this your way of calling me "gay"?

If you're trying to flirt, I'm really not interested, dude.
    No, I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy and the fact that you have no clue what you're talking about.

But then you didn't even answer my challenge. Would you have the balls? Because if you don't, then you're the bigot.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-03-18 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, that's not what I'm saying at all. The United States has a long and storied history of racism, especially with housing and neighborhoods. I don't support tat bullshit, either.

I have no desire to forcefully dismantle Chinatown, do you?
    Forcibly dismantle? No.

Create a system whereby it dismantles itself, at least as a conceptually separated ethnic enclave? Absolutely.

I am standing up for freedom, whether you like it, or not.
    Standing up for the creations of white supremacist authoritarians is not standing up for freedom, friendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    No, I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy and the fact that you have no clue what you're talking about.

But then you didn't even answer my challenge. Would you have the balls? Because if you don't, then you're the bigot.
    I didn't answer because it's just empty bigotry. Both homophobic (I'm not gay and it's frankly weird that you think so, not that it even matters), and racist.

If I were gay, then the only people I'd be afraid of are homophobes, and that's not a factor that's culturally homogenous anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    No, it's about addressing mena refugees. Refugees. Not immigrants.
    Oh, I see my misunderstanding. That changes stuff drastically. If you're just there to be saved from death, I mean... as far as I'm concerned, they can be happy that the Government tries to make them integrated and welcome, cos as far as I am concerned, they could rot in some warehouse with minimal basics to survive. The only duty the state has to refugees is to keep them alive and provide basic human right protection. Refugees rights are quite unlike those of immigrants. I guess I fell victim to everyone thinking every foreigner is an immigrant. Fucking racist rhetoric.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You're not asking to join any culture by being an immigrant.
    No, but you're a guest, and as a guest, you play by the rules of the owner of the house. You don't just whatever you want, and if the owner tells you to stop, you just call them a racist or xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If you're an immigrant asking to join a culture, you do not get to make such demands. Quite the opposite.
    Here's the problem, I have made no such demands. I have no desire to forcefully strip away "Danish culture."

Forcibly dismantle? No.

Create a system whereby it dismantles itself, at least as a conceptually separated ethnic enclave? Absolutely.

Standing up for the creations of white supremacist authoritarians is not standing up for freedom, friendo.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't answer because it's just empty bigotry. Both homophobic (I'm not gay and it's frankly weird that you think so, not that it even matters), and racist.

If I were gay, then the only people I'd be afraid of are homophobes, and that's not a factor that's culturally homogenous anywhere.
    OMFG! REALLY! I'm pretty sure it's homogenous as fuck in Islamic countries as well as others such as Jamaica. Countries that, surprisingly enough, make up the largest percentage of sources for the migrants in Europe.

Forcibly dismantle? No.

- - - Updated - - -

And therein lies the problem, how to go about actually implementing such a system. That's where the issue remains, and forcing those people out of their homes, and into areas where they may not want to go, or even be welcome... raises all sorts of problems.

I'm standing up for the freedom of people to choose were they live. That's it. I'm standing against the government suddenly deciding that you cannot live in your house, because you happen to be Muslim, black, or from another country.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but you're a guest, and as a guest, you play by the rules of the owner of the house. You don't just whatever you want, and if the owner tells you to stop, you just call them a racist or xenophobic.
    Well, they are racist and homophobic... even if that is their right to be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG! REALLY! I'm pretty sure it's homogenous as fuck in Islamic countries as well as others such as Jamaica. Countries that, surprisingly enough, make up the largest percentage of sources for the migrants in Europe.
    Given that I do know gay Muslims, you're just obviously wrong about really basic shit.

Here's the problem, I have made no such demands. I have no desire to forcefully strip away "Danish culture."
    "If people are going to use the force of government to demand I participate in a "culture," then they sure as shit better to define exactly what that means."

Dude, I am literally quoting you when I respond to you. I can't help it if you keep denying the shit you spout out here. That's not how this works. "they sure as shit better to define exactly what that means." is what we call, in the literate world, "a demand". You made it. Nobody wrote that part for you.

And that's part of your misconception. You seem to think that the Danish Government does not have the right to demand something from someone asking to join Denmark. You seem to think that it's the other way around and they are entitled to an explanation and demand from the Danish to define their culture. That's not how this works. You don't get to show up at my house, plonk down on the couch and then demand from me to explain to you how to use my house or else you'll live by your own rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to find creative ways to sneak your Islamophobia in the conversation?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    "If people are going to use the force of government to demand I participate in a "culture," then they sure as shit better to define exactly what that means."

Dude, I am literally quoting you when I respond to you. I can't help it if you keep denying the shit you spout out here. That's not how this works. "they sure as shit better to define exactly what that means." is what we call, in the literate world "a demand". You made it. Nobody wrote that part for you.

And that's part of your misconception. You seem to think that the Danish Government does not have the right to demand something from someone asking to join Denmark. You seem to think that it's the other way around and they are entitled to an explanation and demand from the Danish to define their culture. That's not how this works. You don't get to show up at my house, plonk down on the couch and then demand from me to explain to you how to use my house or else you'll live by your own rules.
    Once again, I'm not the one choosing to push force... that's you.

Try and keep up.

As for your last paragraph... you keep spouting that lie. The Danish government does have the right to do it, I simply oppose them doing it. The Chinese government has a right to commit genocide on Uighers, but I find it absolutely fucking vile, and I oppose it.

See how that works?

"Embrace our culture, or else..."

"What culture is that, exactly?"

"You know... cultural stuff."

"Like what?"

"Stop asking questions, and just do it!!!"

Given that I do know gay Muslims, you're just obviously wrong about really basic shit.
    Yes, gay Muslims in the West, probably also living in upper middle-class society. But then we're not talking about those, are we? Of course you have no clue about reality in other countries nor the enclaves.

I'm standing up for the freedom of people to choose were they live. That's it. I'm standing against the government suddenly deciding that you cannot live in your house, because you happen to be Muslim, black, or from another country.
    Feel free to travel to Denmark to state your case. Although that'd be a hard sell if you can't speak the language...y'know...that thing that's part of a culture.

That's why I take some issue with the method suggested in the article. The idea of breaking up these ghettoes and encouraging integration is a positive one for the outcomes for immigrants in the long term. I'm not sure that a hard approach with the government seizing properties and removing tenants willy-nilly is the best way to go in the short term.
    I worry about what "integration" means in Denmark. Too often integration just means assimilation, which is just erasure. Acculturation gets left by the wayside. It is too close to the ages when Native Americans were taken away and broken up so they could be better assimilate.This situation is like moving the onus on integration from their country onto the immigrants, and looking at them and being like "why they keep bunching up in those ghettos" well... firstly why are they ghettos? Address the ghettos first but the force integration doesn't answer the question of why.

For instance... there are a lot of places I would refuse to live simply based on the racial makeup of people there. I segregate into mostly diverse areas, now if those areas were then considered ghettos I would be miffed at being forced to go move to say... Clark NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Feel free to travel to Denmark to state your case. Although that'd be a hard sell if you can't speak the language...y'know...that thing that's part of a culture.
    Or, i can state it here...

You are aware this is an internet forum, and not parliament, right?

You know Jamaica was once a progressive country on the up swing... but they weren't super friendly to America and well.. cia... 1987.... planting corruption did an operation knowing it would cause deaths due to violence did it anyway... the country has never been the same since.

It's like... when you dismantle or corrupt a government that was progressive that things go to shit for gay people...

Hey remember how Afghanistan used to be a gay vacation destination before the proxy war? Yeah....and let's not even get started on Iran...

That's pretty racist.
    You seem to be ignoring the part where he said he wants to live where it's racially-diverse....

So...

Doesn't make it any less racist to avoid an area because of the demographics.
    Him: "I want to live where it's racially diverse."

You: "That's racist."

Nope. Refusing to live somewhere because of the demographics is pretty racist.
    You seem to be ignoring the totality of what he/she said.

Who is it racist against?

That's pretty racist.
    Well, you see... there are issues like neo-nazis... the town being 98% white... constant reports from people who travel through those areas complaining about racism... yeah you know as a person who isn't white... I would indeed stay away from those areas.

I like diverse areas because the likelihood of being targeted because of my race is lower.

I like living in diverse areas because the likelihood of neighbours being anti-immigrant and pinning me in stupid conversations is lower...

Also diverse areas tend to be more open on gay issues so you know.. that too.

Let's illustrate. I don't want to live in Harlem because there's too many black people.
    Reductive.

You're saying Harlem is bad by virtue of black people... I'm saying i don't want to live in x area because of reports also the shit local council has said... and the behaviour of the police, and the very right-wing lean.

I don't like living in most monolithic areas. I'll live in a mostly latin area, but those are generally very diverse thanks to dozens of types of people. I'll live in a downtown city area as those are generally very diverse as well.

I moved to a town not too far away from where i used to live for a time.. and it is amazing the degree of racism there despite it only having been 10 miles from the city. I left... and I've always ran into the same issues in every town like that.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-03-18 at 02:56 PM.