Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    5 players that can play very well, 2~ CC in the group is cool. That's better than any "perfect combo" with tarded players.
    Man, I remember back in Vanilla.. the shock to everyone's systems as to how difficult heroic shattered halls and the like were compared to what everyone had seen at that point. So many rage quits.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Pally
    Holy Pally
    Ret Pally
    Mage/Ret Pally
    Mage

Prot Paladin
    Healer
    AoE
    AoE
    AoE

Remembering doing SH as a prot paladin, opting for mages and I had to really argue about not using CC and instead just zerg everything down with massive pulls and AoE damage. Funny how it has changed over time :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is just a personal preference, but I can see it going many ways. The pally for my particular setup is very well geared, so shouldn't have many issues with taking damage. I simply preferred the mages for any slows. We also won't be doing any CC, because pallies just love to break that shit. The mages will have mana issues, but the lock can push through, and the mages can alternate on pulls if need be.

I don't think that a shadow priest will really help with the speed, as the increased mana regen will be countered by the complete lack of aoe.
    Its not really a personal preference. Both your paladin, your aoe's and your healer will benefit greatly from having a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not really a personal preference. Both your paladin, your aoe's and your healer will benefit greatly from having a shadow priest.
    At the expense of a major amount of damage. A SP has almost no real aoe capabilities, especially at the rate we will be pulling (multiple packs at a time). The pally will be taking more damage, so will be getting more heals, and will get mana back as a result. The mobs will be dying faster, so the load on the healer will be diminished, as will the individual mana of the casters.

You use less mana when things die faster. Now, we could theorycraft it to hell, but this is largely going to fall on personal preference.

Not a single person recommended Druid Tank! While I get the AE easy threat of a pala, a feral has AE agro and can hold TBC 5 man pulls .. Warrior now can Thunderclap in Defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Not a single person recommended Druid Tank! While I get the AE easy threat of a pala, a feral has AE agro and can hold TBC 5 man pulls .. Warrior now can Thunderclap in Defensive.
    A pally has better aoe threat, by a fair amount. Warriors have to tab target more, and druid build aoe threat over time. While a warrior or druid can hold a group fairly well, the DPS will have to wait longer to start damage, and the pally can pull multiple groups at a time if he's geared.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-18 at 03:34 PM.

At the expense of a major amount of damage. A SP has almost no real aoe capabilities, especially at the rate we will be pulling (multiple packs at a time). The pally will be taking more damage, so will be getting more heals, and will get mana back as a result. The mobs will be dying faster, so the load on the healer will be diminished, as will the individual mana of the casters.

You use less mana when things die faster. Now, we could theorycraft it to hell, but this is largely going to fall on personal preference.
    Make sure to record it mate. Looking forward to your paladin being oom and complaining about it 24/7 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    People thinking you need CC in TBC heroics. Cute. Not even fresh 70s needs to CC :x

Gonna be a bigger aoe zergfest than Legion and BFA dungeons were.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    If you're not a scrub, why would you even care about assembling a dream team just for a heroic?
    Primarily because they actually are difficult in entry-level gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People thinking you need CC in TBC heroics. Cute. Not even fresh 70s needs to CC :x

Gonna be a bigger aoe zergfest than Legion and BFA dungeons were.
    Yeah, I wouldn't count on that without raid gear.

I get the feeling that a lot of people here are remembering TBC mid-expansion and not pre-raid gear. Heroics were completely different depending on your gear level.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    tank - me
    healer - my wife
    3 dps - our friends
    This or some variation of this is the correct answer.

All other answers are orders of magnitude below.

One of my favorite aspects of WoW in the early years was figuring out how to make whatever comp was with me work in both heroics and raids. This attitude of the ultimate comp in support of the "Go Go Go" attitude is what wore the game down the pale shadow that it is today.

If you are going for speed, would probably take prot paladin, elemental shamen that heals the group, destro lock x3. Seed of coruption spam is really that good.

If you wanted something more balanced then take dps that sinergize well with eachother, like shadow priest, lock, elemental shamen, or maybe elemental shamen, enhance shamen, fury warrior.
    Last edited by last1214; 2021-03-18 at 04:13 PM.

Make sure to record it mate. Looking forward to your paladin being oom and complaining about it 24/7 :P
    Paladins get mana back based on the amount healed.

If a fight is 25% shorter, then less mana is used by that pally. If he's pulling more, and taking more damage, he gets great mana regen. The one who is likely to be taxed, would be the druid. But, the Druid will drop hots, and start drinking before the pally pulls... giving him more time to drink.

Paladins get mana back based on the amount healed.

If a fight is 25% shorter, then less mana is used by that pally. If he's pulling more, and taking more damage, he gets great mana regen. The one who is likely to be taxed, would be the druid. But, the Druid will drop hots, and start drinking before the pally pulls... giving him more time to drink.
    No they gain mana back based on the amount they are being healed. overhealing doesnt count. If your paladin has decent gear he will 100% go oom

Edit:

unless he pops a concecration and then auto's for the rest of the fight, but then whats the point of bring in a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Assuming they're making changes to drums, I think having a shaman is pretty much required.
    Drums in TBC aren't a bloodlust, they are a temporary 80 haste rating (aka 5%). And Heroic Dungeons are not hardcore, nothing is "required"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    tank - me
    healer - my wife
    3 dps - our friends
    This is the answer though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

No they gain mana back based on the amount they are being healed. overhealing doesnt count. If your paladin has decent gear he will 100% go oom

Edit:

unless he pops a concecration and then auto's for the rest of the fight, but then whats the point of bring in a paladin
    He will be taking more damage, because we will be pulling multiple packs at a time.

He is also pushing spell damage for threat, so consecrate and holy shield will go a very long way.

He will be taking more damage, because we will be pulling multiple packs at a time.

He is also pushing spell damage for threat, so consecrate and holy shield will go a very long way.
    I have my doubts about this, but remember to throw a video up on the forums about it. Feel free to tag me in it

i'm going with the comp that lead me through all HC 5 mans with no problems/deaths at all when it were current content =)

Warr tank
    Fire mage
    MM hunter
    Spriest
    Hpala

You are missing that this is the era where dungeons don't have required trash counts.

Tank - Druid
    Healer - Druid
    M-dps - Rogue
    M-dps - Druid-or-Rogue
    R-dps - Druid

Skip half the trash in most dungeons. Did this a bit back in the day, and it was a blast. :-) Turns some of the dungeons in to under 10 minutes end-to-end. Clearly doesn't work for all of them, but you can skip a lot in several of them.

I have my doubts about this, but remember to throw a video up on the forums about it. Feel free to tag me in it

It probably won't happen... I'm lazy as hell.

I still haven't streamed my ZG and Mara pulls for guildies who asked me to, and that was months ago.