View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    iirc d2:r is done by another company/team and not blizzard, maybe that will save d2r from the same fate as wc3r

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    iirc d2:r is done by another company/team and not blizzard, maybe that will save d2r from the same fate as wc3r
    didnt blizzard out source WC3:R?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    didnt blizzard out source WC3:R?
    No.

Only the art was outsourced, but that could be said about most games they're working on now. Overwatch skins are outsourced, SC:R, Reforged and Diablo 2 Remaster's artwork is all outsourced. I'm sure even their main projects, there would be a certain level of outsourcing for procedural art (environments, miscellaneous NPCs). Outsourcing art is a standard practice.

The actual coding and implementation is all done inhouse (even VV is now officially Blizzard). It's a different team from the Classics team, that's the only real difference.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-02-26 at 07:50 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    apparently, "aggressive patching" means a gap of October to March...

Warcraft III Reforged
    Version 1.32.10 PTR Patch Notes

Lok’Tar everyone!

First, we’d like to give you a quick update on where we are on ranked play, leaderboards, and player profiles. The Warcraft team is committed to delivering you these features, however, due to the nature of the world today, it’s taking longer than we planned. We thank you, our passionate community, for your understanding and continuing to support Warcraft III.

Today we’ve begun publicly testing patch 1.32.10, which addresses a critical bugfix that allowed players to exploit information from the opposing players by using rally points in the fog of war. Thank you to all of the players who reached out to inform us about this issue. Additionally, with the ESL Pro League wrapping up for 2020, we’ve decided to make some balance updates to address some key community feedback about item balance, item pricing, and some pain points for both Human and Undead. We also revisited previous changes.

Once again, thank you to all of the community contributors who continue to put out content and send us great feedback. Please test these changes via the PTR, as we will be monitoring it and calibrating throughout the PTR phase. Please remember these changes are a work in progress and subject to change, so please continue to provide feedback. We hope to release this patch sometime in mid-April, depending on how feedback and testing goes.

-- The Warcraft III Team

Balance

Human

Improved Lumber tech requirement removed.

Advanced Lumber tech requirement changed from Castle to Keep.

Developers’ notes: In a Human vs Undead matchup, the Human player is generally expected to lose some peasants throughout the early- to mid-game. The Human player also must invest in a lot of wood for early defense, and use militia quite frequently to defend, which causes them to have gold to wood ration imbalances. This change should help Human players balance their economy and make it slightly easier to transition into the later part of the game and unlock key units against Undead.

Knights now have Sundering Blades by default.

Developers’ notes: With the addition of the Sundering Blade passive, we’ve really seen a lot more Knight usage and we like that a lot. However, it takes a long time for Knights to come online with their multiple upgrades. We feel that allowing Sundering Blades to be on Knights by default allows them to have an immediate impact when built, while giving them some uniqueness as a heavy late game unit.

Priest dispel range increased from 600 to 700.

Developers’ notes: Changes to the overall meta have moved players toward favoring range units in certain matchups. We noticed that whenever a priest would try to cast dispel, they would immediately get focused down by piercing damage and be killed immediately. This slight increase in range should improve the usability and quality life for the priest.

Scout Tower / Guard Tower / Cannon Tower / Arcane Tower repair rate is now 5 seconds faster.

Developers’ notes: This was a change we tested in a previous PTR, but pulled away from to see how the previous patch performed. Since then, we’ve seen players shift to more ranged units, and we feel this change is needed to help Humans defend against certain pushes. Currently, even if a Human reacts immediately to a threat with a handful of peasants, it is still not enough to prevent their towers from going down.

Siege Engine tank experience bounty reduced from 85 to 60.

Developers’ notes: While we wanted to reduce the overall effectiveness of certain siege engine strategies, we realized that due to the inflexibility of our experience leveling system, setting the bounty at 85 was too high. There has been some ongoing community sentiment that tanks were in a good place previously, so we’ve reduced the experience bounty. We will continue to monitor this and may test additional changes in lieu of this one.
    Night Elf

Druid of the Claw starting mana increased from 100 to 125.

Developers’ notes: A small quality of life change that was requested by the community, which also helps master bears have slightly more utility right away.
    Undead

Acolyte hit point Regeneration while on Blight reduced from 4 to 3 HP per second.

Developers’ notes: In a previous patch we saw the regen rate on Blight double. This was to address the vulnerability of the unit being exposed and stationary while mining gold. As the overall spirit of the change was heading in the right direction, we’re reducing the number slightly to allow for more harassment opportunities from the opposing player.
    Rod of Necromancy cooldown reduced from 26 to 24 seconds.

Developers’ notes: Slight calibration of the previous change. We’ve noticed that this change has more effect on UD creeping than intended, so we’re reducing this number slightly.
    Ritual Dagger gold cost reduced from 125 to 100.

Developers’ notes: We’re reducing the cost of the Ritual Dagger to promote its use more and to bring its cost in line with its healing performance.

Cryptlord impale Stun Hero duration reduced from 1/2/3 to 1/1.5/2, and Cryptlord damage reduced from 75/120/165 to 60/110/150.

Developers’ notes: We’re bringing the overall hero stun duration in line with other hero stun abilities. Please note- its overall stun duration against units remains unchanged. While looking at impale and potentially changing other units in other factions, we noticed that the threat of impale damage is the main reason that certain strategies are not viable against an Undead player that goes Cryptlord first and levels fast.

Frost Armor duration is now scaled per level.
    Level 1: Frost duration 2 seconds.
    Level 2: Frost duration 4 seconds.
    Level 3: Frost duration 6 seconds.

Developers’ notes: This was something that the community has been requesting for some time, and it addresses the early power spike against melee units, while still allowing the ability to scale up as the Lich levels up. This tuning makes the ability slightly worse at level 1, the same as it is currently at level 2, and better at level 3.

Boneyard no longer requires sacrificial pit.

Developers’ notes: We currently believe it takes too long for Frost Worms to see play. This change should allow players to find strategies to use frost worms and should also help in conjunction to the knight change in this patch.

Items

Alleria’s Flute of Accuracy bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075.
    Ancient Janggo of Endurance bonuses reduced from 0.05/0.1 to 0.03/0.075.
    Khadgar’s Pipe of Insight bonus reduced from 0.75 to 0.5.
    Legion Doom-Horn bonuses reduced from 0.5/1.0 to 0.3/0.75.
    Scourge Bone Chimes bonus reduced from 0.2 to 0.15.
    Warsong Battle Drums bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075.
    The Lion Horn of Stormwind bonus reduced from 2 to 1.5.
    All items’ re-sell percentage increased from 50% to 75% of the item’s original cost.

Developers’ notes: These are probably the biggest changes in this patch. We’re making some changes to all the Aura items to reduce their effectiveness. We believe that these aura items do have a place in the game but should not have parity in power to the actual hero ability. Also, due to the nature of some items being more impactful than others, we’re increasing the sell rate of items to help mitigate some potential “bad item luck” that players may experience, which can ultimately determine the outcome of some games.

Bugfix

Fixed an issue of inconsistent rally flag behavior on Goldmines which could reveal player locations in the Fog of War.
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-03-18 at 02:46 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

And still no custom campaigns. Instead of only focusing on the RTS aspect that hardly anyone cares about they should do more for the modding/custom map community, since it's thanks to them that WC3 got so big in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Graphics in reforged suck dick. Only good thing are the Models, and they weren't even done by Blizzard themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

"The Warcraft team is committed to delivering you these features, however, due to the nature of the world today, it’s taking longer than we planned. We thank you, our passionate community, for your understanding and continuing to support Warcraft III."

Oh fuck off, Blizzard. Quit saying "we're committed to adding more and more stuff to WC3 reforged". Like, fuck you. Wtf happened to the shit you promised at LAUNCH? Why is reforged worse than WC3 in regards to arena making? WHY TF IS SHIT REMOVED IN REFORGED? AND WHY TF IS THE ORIGINAL GAME GONE? Wtf

Ya know what, I could legit forgive all of it, legit I fucking could (Since WC3 is old shit anyway, and I haven't played it for years) had you, and I say this with total honesty here:

NOT FUCKING MADE US PAY 30-40 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!

That's the worst of it, Blizz. You robbed us of our fucking money, and didn't accept refunds until MONTHS after its release. Fuck. You. Now, Bobby's getting paid $200 Mil after firing some poor ass workers, Acti-Blizzard and China are sucking eachother off while ruining the players and their experiences, TBC: Classic is getting boost services, the WoW Cash shop is total cancer and is the reason why half of the playerbase is full of carried mf's/carriers using gold and IRL currency/and bots, Diablo has a fuckin mobile game (Never thought I'd say that shit. Fuck you Blizz), Starcraft 2 is dead (Fuck Kerrigan tho), Overwatch just plain sucks, and Hearthstone is full of weirdos and is completely fucked by China, and other economic BS, and...AND...ANNNNNDDDDD

You do all of this shit to my Blizzard, Activision, and you aren't even giving me an open world Skylanders game (That...sounds hypocritical, since that shit is the biggest gaming scam on the market, but it's also fun, and I hate it yet love it as a result).

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    You do all of this shit to my Blizzard, Activision
    Blizzard did it themselves. Activision had to send them another studio because they saw that Blizzard is that incompetent that they cant even remaster an old RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard did it themselves. Activision had to send them another studio because they saw that Blizzard is that incompetent that they cant even remaster an old RTS.
    Either way, there is no reason reforged should've released this poorly. I wanted an Arthas Vs Illidan cinematic redo. What I got...was...

A drunk stepdad fighting a 14 year old edgelord.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Either way, there is no reason reforged should've released this poorly. I wanted an Arthas Vs Illidan cinematic redo. What I got...was...

A drunk stepdad fighting a 14 year old edgelord.
    Feel free to ask the bloated pusbag that walks on the podium every Blizzcon and pretends everything is peachy.

Feel free to ask the bloated pusbag that walks on the podium every Blizzcon and pretends everything is peachy.
    Oh yeah...HIM!

"you think you, but you dont" ...ugggghhhhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people want to blame Activision but lets be honest, Blizzard have been dead for a while, all the old guard have left, its literally a different company now.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas, i can put fan campaings in reforged, or i should look for my CD's?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any ideas, i can put fan campaings in reforged, or i should look for my CD's?
    as of now still no custom campaigns in Reforged; so you will do what the CSW or the Re-Reforged did: make separate maps on one folder and then code around to make the progress carry over.

or try this one: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...paigns.326989/

3+ Year Old Account
    bullshit, latest WC3 patch even broke Retera Model Studio; I guess they hate modders too

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
    Version 1.32.10
    April 13, 2021

Lok Tar!

Thanks to the community for all the testing and feedback during the PTR phase. We began the PTR with a focus on the Undead vs. Human matchup and item balance, and working with you, we made additional changes to the Orc vs. Night Elf matchup.

Thank you!

Balance

Human

Improved Lumber tech requirement removed
    Advanced Lumber tech requirement changed from Castle to Keep
    Knights have Sundering Blades by default
    Priest Dispel range increased from 600 to 700
    Towers now repair 5 seconds faster
    Thunderclap AOE reduced from 300/350/400 to 300/325/350

Neutral

Pandaren Brewmaster’s strength and intelligence increased by 1
    Breath of Fire max damage increased from 480/720/1080 to 480/800/1200

Night Elves

Druid of the Claw starting mana increased from 100 to 125
    Mountain Giant Second Taunt removed
    Mountain Giant Taunt cooldown reduced from 16 to 14 seconds
    Mana Flare damage per mana increased from 3 to 4
    Mana Flare max damage increased from 90 to 100
    Faerie Dragon base damage reduced from 13 to 12

Orcs

Scroll of speed cost increased from 50 to 70
    Serpent Wards experience bounty increased from 12.5/20/30 to 12.5/30/42.5

Undead

Acolyte hit point regeneration while on Blight reduced from 4 to 3 hp per second
    Rod of Necromancy cooldown reduced from 26 to 24
    Ritual Dagger cost reduced from 125 to 100
    Cryptlord’s Impale hero stun duration reduced from 1/2/3 to 1/1.5/2
    Cryptlord’s Impale damage reduced from 75/120/165 to 60/105/150
    Boneyard no longer requires sacrificial pit
    Frost Armor’s on hit duration now scales 3/5/7

Items
    Alleria’s Flute of Accuracy bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075
    Ancient Janggo of Endurance bonuses reduced from 0.05/0.1 to 0.03/0.075
    Khadgar’s Pipe of Insight bonus reduced from 0.75 to 0.5
    Legion Doom-Horn bonuses reduced from 0.5/1.0 to 0.3/0.075
    Scourge Bone Chimes bonus reduced from 0.2 to 0.15
    Warsong Battle Drums bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075
    The Lion Horn of Stormwind bonus reduced from 2 to 1.5
    All items resell percentage increased from 50% to 60% of the item’s original cost
    Scroll of Town Portal cost reduced from 350 to 325

Bugfixes
    Fixed an issue of inconsistent rally flag behavior on Goldmines which could reveal player locations in the Fog of War.
    still no player profiles, clans, ladders, and custom campaigns

3+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe this fiasco still costs 29.99€.

3+ Year Old Account

shoutout to @matrix123mko for the concept arts that allowed this to happen!
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-04-24 at 04:13 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    For those who are following the Re-Reforged Campaign here, check this out! The first chapter of the Human Campaign:

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    ^ A lot of people literally cannot understand this, which I don't understand. Blizzard is just a 'name and logo'. The brains, lovers and passionate envisioners of what made Blizzard the company people picture, literally are not there, and have been replaced by typical corporate bloodsuckers.
    IN other words:

People that made games I liked = Passionate envisioners

People that make games I don't like = typical corporate bloodsuckers

Major projection of opinion here.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Rrayy, is that all you do, go around threads pulling the typical forum BS comment undermines. Opinion check. Anecdotal check. Experience based check.

Here ill give you another one for you to check. Im a lead developer developing an unannounced title. I worked in film for most my adult life, I know more about these industries than you will ever know.

I love how you turned it into:

People that made games I liked = Passionate envisioners

People that make games I don't like = typical corporate bloodsuckers

Hilarious as I didn't remotely say that did I. Go on, id love to hear your explanation of how I said that. Like serious, please enlighten me. Either you're looking for a reaction and getting it, or you're talking shit, which one is it.

I love how you word it too, projection of opinion hahahahaha. We're on a fucking forum you absolute .........

You obviously have no idea how publically traded companies prioritise, operate, and specifically how that ties in with entertainment.
    It isn't BS because it is true. YOu may have not said it, but when you claim the designers that had passion just so hasppen to make the games you like while the ones you call "corporate bloodsuckers" just so happen to make the game you don't, You imply it.

Your claims about the devs are solely based on whether you liked the games or not. The real truth is that ALL the devs have passion for the games they make. ALL deves want to make a game that the masses love. They wouldn't be in the job otherwise. To call them corporate bloodsuckers because you don't like what they produce is complete nonsense and is a complete insult to the devs.