Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

WoW Charity Pet Program - Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières

Support Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) During the WoW Charity Pet Program
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    You can make a difference in the global response to COVID-19 by taking part in the World of Warcraft® Charity Pet program. Your donations will go directly to support the medical humanitarian aid organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and can help toward gifting two battle pets to the World of Warcraft community.

How it Works
    We’ve made a change to how our Charity Pet program works and during this campaign, you’ll be able to donate* any amount you wish directly to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Between today and April 26, 2021 (or upon reaching our stretch goal), all donations will contribute to the MSF COVID-19 Crisis Fund to support the organization’s global response to the pandemic and its consequences (donations will be collected by MSF-USA.)

We’ll be tracking your donations and once a goal of $500,000 USD has been reached, we’ll make Bananas, the Monkey available for everyone† playing modern World of Warcraft** as a thank you, whether you were able to donate personally or not.

In addition, if we reach a stretch goal of $1 Million USD, everyone will receive a second pet, Daisy the sloth. She’s an all-new pet that you can carry with you everywhere you go right on your back!

Your browser does not support the video tag.

Born on an island off the coast of Stranglethorn Vale, little Bananas is a son of King Mukla, a fierce leader of Skymane Gorillas. Luckily, Bananas fell far from the tree and his gentle disposition makes him an ideal travel companion who will brighten your days on Azeroth and beyond.

Your browser does not support the video tag.

Meet Daisy, one of the most ponderous sloths in all of Azeroth. In between battles, take it easy and appreciate the world at her pace. When adventure calls again, simply /beckon, and she’ll happily hitch a ride hanging from your shoulders.

How to Donate
    • Navigate to the MSF DonorDrive site and select the “Donate To This Event” button at the top of the page.
    • Fill in your Donation Amount and select your currency type from the drop down next to it.
    • For USD only—Choose PayPal, Amazon Pay, or credit card as payment method.
    • For all other currencies click "Next" and enter credit card billing and payment information.
    • Click "Pay" to process your donation.

Clicking the “Next” button at the bottom will process your donation. As an additional option, donors can choose to help pay the site processing fee, ensuring that all of your donation goes directly to the COVID-19 Crisis Fund.

Return to the page as often as you like to keep tabs on the goal progress or to donate as many times as you like.

Donate Now

Additionally, players can rally their friends and communities by creating a fundraising page and streaming on Twitch. Content creators can set milestones to inspire their community, track contributions, and message their donors. Go to the MSF DonorDrive site and click the “Register Now!” button (top right) to register your stream and check out the MSF streaming guidelines and toolkit here.

About Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
    Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and human-made disasters, and exclusion from health care in more than 70 countries. Teams provide lifesaving medical assistance to people who need it most, regardless of race, religion, or political affiliation.

About the COVID-19 Crisis Fund:
    In the face of the unprecedented global crisis of the coronavirus pandemic, MSF has created the COVID-19 Crisis Fund.

The fund aims to raise urgently needed money for the MSF emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its consequences. The fund also enables supporters to designate their donations as contributions restricted specifically towards this global effort. Money raised through the fund will support MSF’s COVID-19 response activities worldwide, including program costs related to treating people with COVID-19, and addressing the impacts of the pandemic on MSF regular programs.

The objectives of the MSF global response to COVID-19 are to:

• Stop, slow down, or delay transmission of the virus
    • Provide care for patients (particularly the seriously ill)
    • Minimize the impact on health systems and communities
    • Spread information on infection prevention measures and risks
    • Enhance water, hygiene, and sanitation supplies and activities
    • Provide palliative care for the most seriously ill patients in contexts with limited resources

A majority of funds will be used or go towards:

• The acquisition of supplies such as oxygen for patients and personal protective equipment for staff
    • The creation of isolation zones in MSF and non-MSF health structures such as clinics and hospitals
    • Staff training on handling and treatment of people with COVID-19
    • Implementing infection prevention and control measures – including, triage and patient referral, among other activities

Your generosity to the MSF COVID-19 Crisis Fund will enable urgently needed medical care and support in more than 70 countries to counter the new coronavirus disease.

*Donation amount excludes processing fees, chargebacks, refunds, and value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes paid.
    †Requires World of Warcraft.

** Bananas and Daisy will be available to claim on your Blizzard Battle.net account within a few business days of meeting respective donation goals for a limited time through August 2, 2021. Pet not available in World of Warcraft® Classic or World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade® Classic. Daisy will remain available for purchase in the Blizzard Shop or from the in-game shop August 3, 2021.

big bobby kotick should pull out his checkbook.

7+ Year Old Account
    woa the sloth is hella adorbs <3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    interesting way to do it. wonder why they changed

Y'all better donate because I want that fucking Sloth

A couple of observations

1. In typical Blizzard fashion, they're 13 months behind schedule.
    2. Why not just take Bobby's unearned $200,000,000 and give that to COVID relief? That capitalist pig isn't rich enough, you need my $10 instead?
    3. What I really want to know is which gaming company came up with the idea of "microtransactions for COVID relief" because that's who Blizzard stole this idea from (like most everything else they introduce, it clearly started somewhere else)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Probably because of all the crying about the previous charity events. This way it will be the player's own fault if they don't get the pets. Blizzard know that there's very little chance of the wow player base donating anyway near that amount.

Essentially this time Blizzard come across as the good guys by encouraging players to donate, and it will be the players that could look bad. Smart move on Blizzard's part.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh.. so I have until at least two days after my birthday to claim them? Neat
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the pets (apathetic to the monkey and I find sloths unsettling) but I'm soooo glad they chose MSF this year instead of shitty Red Cross.

Hahahaha, imagine paying the CEO a $200m bonus then have the audacity to ask us for money to donate.

Great timing and good awareness for such an event.

has anyone read the fine print yet to make sure the money actually goes to the charity? remember some funny business about some tournament fundraider in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they did it this way so people dont feel forced to donate to get the pet, those who want to donate can, those who dont dont, and everyone gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    has anyone read the fine print yet to make sure the money actually goes to the charity? remember some funny business about some tournament fundraider in the past.
    the fundraiser thing yes, but they have never done "funny buisness" with a chairty event in every single charity event they have ever run, so no, and yes the fine print is cut and clear 100% to charity, as it always has been.

- - - Updated - - -

the fundraiser thing yes, but they have never done "funny buisness" with a chairty event in every single charity event they have ever run, so no, and yes the fine print is cut and clear 100% to charity, as it always has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Ya sure, they just fired a bunch of people and had one of their most profitable years in a long time but they leave it up to fans to foot the bill to help others? Go fuck yourself Blizzard lmao.

No. Please explain. Also they should've given bobby 199M bonus, given 1m to charity and then give me my sloth. Or better yet, bobby login and then donate 1m and give me my sloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    3. What I really want to know is which gaming company came up with the idea of "microtransactions for COVID relief" because that's who Blizzard stole this idea from (like most everything else they introduce, it clearly started somewhere else)
    charities are tax loop holes/deduction for companies. and if they can get us to pay for it on top of that all the better.

I don't think that was the best way to get people to donate. I'm not going to donate for a chance of getting a thing, especially since I already have Bananas. I buy the pets anyhow, I just feel slightly better about buying something that goes to charity, but as a poor person I don't have money to spare for donations. I also don't want to be heckled by a bunch of charities forever. Charities are aggressive as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya sure, they just fired a bunch of people and had one of their most profitable years in a long time but they leave it up to fans to foot the bill to help others? Go fuck yourself Blizzard lmao.
    they didnt fire people, they laid off people who where no longer needed my dude.
    why keep people on if they are doing nothing all day cause their job is to organize live events, but you cant do live events right now
    also all this was announced at blizzcon over a month ago dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    *throws credit card at screen*

WEH ACTIVISION AND BLIZZARD ARE THE DEVIL! LOOK AT THE PEOPLE THEY JUST FIRED!

*collects two new pets*

BOBBY PUT UP YOUR BONUS YOU'RE RICH

I'm happy to donate but the CEO of blizzard could have not given himself $200M bonus and donated it instead, would have easily reached that $1M goal of theirs.