Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Not getting a dollar from me.
    Why would you brag about refusing to donate to charity..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Even if that is true why are you ragging on this new method which will avoid that situation being repeated?
    What 'if that is true'?

**Donation amount for in-game pet excludes chargebacks, refunds, and value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes paid with a maximum donation amount of USD $3 million from all sales of the Dottie in-game pet and plushie for charity.

I would just like to know how much they got from it - that's all.

Just take it out of the 200 million bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    A couple of observations

1. In typical Blizzard fashion, they're 13 months behind schedule.
    2. Why not just take Bobby's unearned $200,000,000 and give that to COVID relief? That capitalist pig isn't rich enough, you need my $10 instead?
    3. What I really want to know is which gaming company came up with the idea of "microtransactions for COVID relief" because that's who Blizzard stole this idea from (like most everything else they introduce, it clearly started somewhere else)
    Yeah the CEO getting 200 mill is beyond fucking stupid but microtransactions for charity is something that started way before covid 19 was even a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Yeah the CEO getting 200 mill is beyond fucking stupid but microtransactions for charity is something that started way before covid 19 was even a thing.
    It's not even microtransactions, it's literally donating directly to the charity, and if the charity reaches a goal blizzard rewards players.
    But yeah the 200 mil is dum

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I would just like to know how much they got from it - that's all.
    Why do you think it's your business? You bought their prodcut, you got their product, unless they earned more than 3M and gave less than 3M, no rule was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Just take it out of the 200 million bonus.
    How? Extort money from Kotick?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-18 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why do you think it's your business? You bought their prodcut, you got their product, unless they earned more than 3M and gave less than 3M, no rule was broken.
    For clearness and not having any doubts in the future like now.
    Why would they hide it?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they didnt fire people, they laid off people who where no longer needed my dude.
    why keep people on if they are doing nothing all day cause their job is to organize live events, but you cant do live events right now
    also all this was announced at blizzcon over a month ago dude.
    "They didn't fire people, they laid them off" is possibly the dumbest fucking white knight excuse I've ever seen.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For clearness and not having any doubts in the future like now.
    Why would they hide it?
    There is any doubt they donated this 3M? I don't understand, really.

Should this apply to every company you buy product from? Should Coca-Cola give you monthly report about their earnings to "avoid any doubt"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "They didn't fire people, they laid them off" is possibly the dumbest fucking white knight excuse I've ever seen.
    There is a big difference.
    Layoff= your role is obselete, you can reapply in another role if you wish
    Fire= get the fuck out your shit, never come back.

It's not even microtransactions, it's literally donating directly to the charity, and if the charity reaches a goal blizzard rewards players.
    But yeah the 200 mil is dum
    the bonus is in relation to the profit,and considering it was extremly crazy this time,something like 35 extra bilion from last years,more than doubled...the 200 mil is just a drop in the bucket

15+ Year Old Account
    For clearness and not having any doubts in the future like now. Why would they hide it?
    They have never released how much money they make off of individual pets. They are not purposefully hiding it for a nefarious reason. There is also no reason to have those doubts about the current situation since Blizzard is not being paid and has no control over any of the money that gets donated during the charity drive which ends on April 26th.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    First time seeing Felplague?

They defend EVERYTHING blizzard does.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    no they wont be writing off these donations, cause you are not giving money to blizzard, you are donating directly to the chairty, you and only you can write off the donations on your taxes, cause blizzard is not getting the money.

you are sleezy for not even knowing what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That would be illegal since Blizzard is not making any form of donation. Blizzard is not being given the money and then they donate it to the charity. The charity is being given the money directly with Blizzard as the sponsor offering an incentive.
    Makes me happy to know I was wrong in this case.
    I've always donated figuring I was helping their own write-offs, because I usually don't get something "hey, here's for your tax returns if you want to write this off."
    Thanks!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    First time seeing Felplague?

They defend EVERYTHING blizzard does.
    And they constantly get un-banned because of the mods on their friends list. Anyways, funny to see this PR damage control in light of recent news, lol.
    Kupo.

Nice...means this time i get two pets without paying a single cent.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a big difference.
    Layoff= your role is obselete, you can reapply in another role if you wish
    Fire= get the fuck out your shit, never come back.
    That is wrong. Layed off is used when the company is at fault. Fired is used when the employee is at fault. You can be layed off end if your role is not obsolete. Nor does it mean you are welcome to apply for a different position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    And they constantly get un-banned because of the mods on their friends list. Anyways, funny to see this PR damage control in light of recent news, lol.
    It is not PR damage control. We knew about the charity drive for a few weeks now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

There is any doubt they donated this 3M? I don't understand, really.
    No.
    There is doubt why is there 3kk limit at the first place and how much more than that they took for themselves.
    If there was any money that somebody donated for the charity but... oh well... we are above 3M so let's take it.
    I just want to see clear numbers if they do not have anything to hide.

Should this apply to every company you buy product from? Should Coca-Cola give you monthly report about their earnings to "avoid any doubt"?
    Do you buy 'imaginary pixels in the game form Coca-Cola'?... and i drink only water and tea so have no clue if they even do any charity stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have never released how much money they make off of individual pets. They are not purposefully hiding it for a nefarious reason. There is also no reason to have those doubts about the current situation since Blizzard is not being paid and has no control over any of the money that gets donated during the charity drive which ends on April 26th.
    As i understand you mean non-charity pets?
    I do not expect such informations from that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya sure, they just fired a bunch of people and had one of their most profitable years in a long time but they leave it up to fans to foot the bill to help others? Go fuck yourself Blizzard lmao.
    Ya fuck em why don’t you show them and give money not through there programs so you can still help out without giving them the credit!