Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ... and they do say how much they raised for charity... #31 post in this thread Felplague copypasted it...
    I never said they do not state how much was raised for the charity. They just never say how much was sold beyond that amount as the pets have stayed in the store past the date purchases have stopped going to the charity. Dottie looks to be the only one they did not say how much was split between the two charities.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Uhh... Why does the Monkey pet look like it's for Classic, (not very HD, but hey) but the Sloth dosen't? Was there another monkey pet that the released before, and are just reusing the model?
    its literally the bannanas pet from the TCG, as they said during blizzconline "we brought back bannanas a pet players had the chance to get in tbc, but we wanted to give all players a chance to get"

They did the same thing with the riding turtle, and for the chinese the magic rooster, they are starting to add TCG stuff to the game one way or another cause the TCG was bullshit, and the only way to get em now is a high scam risk on ebay, so blizzard is removing that possablity.

"Game Facts:
    This item summons an adorable little pet monkey named "Bananas".
    When learned, counts towards all pet collection achievements.
    Useable at any level and therefore available for twinks.
    Expansion: Through the Dark Portal
    Card: King Mukla
    Rarity: 1/242 booster packs
    Distribution: Through the Dark Portal booster boxes contain 24 boosters and cost approx $40 USD (inc. shipping), therefore the average cost of obtaining this particular loot with random chance is $403.00"

Although its price has plummited from its original cost since the announcement of it. only about 24$ usd now, which is still more then it will be on shop, and also ya know... no risk of getting scammed.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-03-18 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Although its price has plummited from its original cost since the announcement of it. only about 24$ usd now, which is still more then it will be on shop, and also ya know... no risk of getting scammed.
    Bananas is not going to be on the shop. Only Daisy is being put on the shop. So if for some reason the donations do not reach 500k the only way to get Bananas will be through its TCG loot card.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bananas is not going to be on the shop. Only Daisy is being put on the shop. So if for some reason the donations do not reach 500k the only way to get Bananas will be through its TCG loot card.
    oh really? good to know, kinda lame but oh well, im sure we will reach 500k, unless the misinformation machine keeps going at the rate its going.

there is so many people who legit think they are paying blizzard, that blizzard is keeping the money, that we are paying blizz, that blizz is not even gunna donate the money, or even the fact that they are donating not us.

This "donation" program is commendable, but overshadowed by Kotick swimming in ill-gotten money whilst employees are laid off without decent compensation.

"Your browser does not support the video tag."

Lolwut?

I'll donate 10% of my salary of this month, if Bobby matches that by 10% of his bonus. That still leaves him enough to buy 10 more private jets, while I'll be 99,99% (literally) short of just one.

Deal bob?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-03-18 at 11:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    This "donation" program is commendable, but overshadowed by Kotick swimming in ill-gotten money whilst employees are laid off without decent compensation.
    "Without decent compensation"
    my dude
    3 months pay
    12 months health care
    that is VERY DECENT compensation.

severence in USA is usually 1-2 weeks per year worked at the company, and these people laid off have been working since overwatch became big, and i can tell you for sure it was less then 12-6 years ago.
    especially since severence is not even something required.
    nor is the healthcare part of a whole year.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-03-18 at 11:51 PM.

500k? Oh you mean less then 1% of what you paid Bobby LOL. Ill donate elsewhere thanks, don't need a low res pet so Blizzard can look good.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    FYI, if you read more about what happened, Kotick's contract when he was made CEO in 2016 or 2017 had a clause for a bonus if the stock price maintained for 90 days and what happened recently with ActiBlizz stock triggered this.

He got $200 million worth of stock, not actual cash. He would have to sell all the stock to get that money... and then probably pay something in the realm of 50% in capital gains taxes, if my estimates are correct.

Not saying I like it or agree with it, but this clause was in there and not something that just gets rando-halted.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...k-bonus-321449
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    'Direct donation through our shop'... i see...
    They TOTALLY do not see your data and personal stuff...
    ANd you failed to do your research yet again. Here is the link you donate through:

https://events.doctorswithoutborders...99&language=en

So tell me, since when is the Blizzard shop on the Doctors WIthout Borders" website? IN fact, if you click on the "Donate" button", you will even see the ability to donate anonymously. At no time are you giving any perssonal information or data out.

You really need to do research because you just keep making yourself look even worse with every post you make.

The shills are out in force tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Without decent compensation"
    my dude
    3 months pay
    12 months health care
    that is VERY DECENT compensation.

severence in USA is usually 1-2 weeks per year worked at the company, and these people laid off have been working since overwatch became big, and i can tell you for sure it was less then 12-6 years ago.
    especially since severence is not even something required.
    nor is the healthcare part of a whole year.
    It's great how low the bar is set for the average worker in the US. Gotta find Bobby's $200 million somewhere. Trickle-up economics doing such wonders for human society, well 1% of it at least.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    It's great how low the bar is set for the average worker in the US. Gotta find Bobby's $200 million somewhere. Trickle-up economics doing such wonders for human society, well 1% of it at least.
    nevermind the fact the 200 million is not actual money and just 200 million worth of stocks but yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    His bonus came from the stock price and stocks. 5 years ago when that clause and contract was agreed upon the maximum bonus he could get would have been 67 million. Roughly 2 million shares at the roughly $33 stock price. Worker pay, severance and anything else doesn't really factor into it since the presence or lack of those things do not impact the stock in guaranteed ways.

Is it obscenely high? Sure. The amount of stocks for the bonus was around half of what he previously owned in shares since he had around 4.5 million shares from a little googling I did yesterday.

Say what you want about Blizzard but Doctors without Borders is a great cause and you donate directly to them if I read that right, instead of buying a pet and relying on Blizz to donate the money.
    Only smallprint I saw was this: ".... As an additional option, donors can choose to help pay the site processing fee, ensuring that all of your donation goes directly to the COVID-19 Crisis Fund." Because of course Blizz can't just pay the site processing fee on their own. *sigh*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Only smallprint I saw was this: ".... As an additional option, donors can choose to help pay the site processing fee, ensuring that all of your donation goes directly to the COVID-19 Crisis Fund." Because of course Blizz can't just pay the site processing fee on their own. *sigh*
    Blizzard can't pay the processing fee because Blizzard is a third party here. The only way Blizzard could cover those fees is if DWB/MSF hands Blizzard a bill after the charity drive is over with. Any payment is done between the donater and MSF/DWB.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Say what you want about Blizzard but Doctors without Borders is a great cause and you donate directly to them if I read that right, instead of buying a pet and relying on Blizz to donate the money.
    the processing fee is something specific to the amount you donate, if you donate 1000$ lets say its a 1% processing fee, they will take 1% off your donation to pay for the fee, or you can pay it so what your ACTUALLY donating is 1000 and now 9990

Nothing to do with blizzard literally just how the website works.

think of it like you either pay them 1000$ then taxes come off, or you pay an amount so they get 1000$ AFTER taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard can't pay the processing fee because Blizzard is a third party here. The only way Blizzard could cover those fees is if DWB/MSF hands Blizzard a bill after the charity drive is over with. Any payment is done between the donater and MSF/DWB.
    Yea, I know. And I still think Blizz could shoulder that. Or double the million if it gets reached, or something like that. I'm sure they get a tax benefit if they donate to charity.
    Don't get me wrong, it's good that they do this at all and spread awareness for DWB/MSF and it will give that cause a financial boost. But why not commit a bit more if you want to be perceived as a company that cares about charity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Hahahaha, imagine paying the CEO a $200m bonus then have the audacity to ask us for money to donate.
    This. It's just a PR stunt to distract people and the idiots will fall for it.