Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    You are missing that this is the era where dungeons don't have required trash counts.

Tank - Druid
    Healer - Druid
    M-dps - Rogue
    M-dps - Druid-or-Rogue
    R-dps - Druid

Skip half the trash in most dungeons. Did this a bit back in the day, and it was a blast. :-) Turns some of the dungeons in to under 10 minutes end-to-end. Clearly doesn't work for all of them, but you can skip a lot in several of them.
    Pointless as you need the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    You are missing that this is the era where dungeons don't have required trash counts.

Tank - Druid
    Healer - Druid
    M-dps - Rogue
    M-dps - Druid-or-Rogue
    R-dps - Druid

Skip half the trash in most dungeons. Did this a bit back in the day, and it was a blast. :-) Turns some of the dungeons in to under 10 minutes end-to-end. Clearly doesn't work for all of them, but you can skip a lot in several of them.
    Uhh what dungeons lol. You know tbc was the start where a majority of the mobs can see through stealth right lol. I mean you might be able to skip SOME rooms but it’s not like you just stealth to the boss lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Drums in TBC aren't a bloodlust, they are a temporary 80 haste rating (aka 5%). And Heroic Dungeons are not hardcore, nothing is "required"
    I'm pretty sure we were using AP drums though

Very intersting question was raised. But, what is "dream team"?

Fastest in terms of lowest downtime per pull can mean:

-heavy CC which lowers dps and makes whole run longer but safer
    -sustained dps only setups that can be risky, but based on "no mana" users so faster when considering longer dungeons
    -full prep, high burst, low/no CC setup for skilled teams, impossible for casuals, very fast but very risky

Fastest in terms of low wipe risk can be:

-heavy armor/high mitigation setup that saves time by not dying/not losing 1-2 members per fight (which lowers dps and adds resurrection plus mana drinking time)/corpse running
    -moderate CC setups that save time on corpse running, but lowers dps
    -hybrid heavy, where low wipe chance is provided by 4-5 team mates that can either switch to tank or heal mid combat, where overheal can cover low dps or bad gear

Each "dream team" have its solid purpose.

Majority of people have the time, but dont have the will to buff-up-to-the-teeth for anything. And often they cannot pull tournament level teamplay, when playing after long day at work. Or stoned

Also, same majority will quickly find out that making gold by dungeoning is pretty effective timewise. Better than fighting for hours on the farm spot with a small chance of a particular drop. More entertaining than playing Auction House. With bigger chances for BoE epics. Because of that, 5man speed dungeoning will evolve fast.

I personally think that "dream team" will be determined by the number 5. If your setup can pull 5 heroics in one evening and everyone gets his primal nether, it will be a "dream team". OR rather "dream meta"

2h Ret/prot spec
    Ele/resto spec
    mage
    Warlock (or leather for gear spread)
    Warrior
    Start as prot and resto then switch to hybrids as you reach burst levels which allow you to instagibb one to two mobs within each pull.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were using AP drums though
    Haste drums are way stronger (80 haste vs 60ap/30sp), but if you have 5 leatherworkers you can use 4x haste and 1x AP.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Best dungeon tank in BC should be paladin due to great aoe aggro.
    Can confirm. Admittedly it was on an old pserver, but I played all 3 tanks at 70 and had the easiest time on a Paladin since they practically have 1-button mega AoE threat so you don't need to tab-sunder or tab-maul like the other tanks.

Well i am going to be a druid tank so.
    For an healer, cant go wrong with an shaman(no pesky shield to mess with me )
    For dps, not a lot is going to do a lot for me, But A mage for sheep, An Hunter and Warlock
    - OR insted of a resto shaman, maybe an priest is fine so they dont steal my leather

10+ Year Old Account
    For speed clears?

Prot Paladin
    Resto Shaman (interchangeable tbh)
    Fire Mage/Lock
    Fire Mage/Lock
    Ele Shaman

For actual loot distribution, it gets a lot more complicated.

Prot Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Warlock
    BM Hunter
    Random non-Shaman melee

The only thing that's a guarantee is that Paladins are the best 5-man tank, hands down, not close. Beyond that, you have a good amount of choice.

It also really doesn't matter that much, because unbuffed Heroics are not very difficult assuming you have the Prot Pally for aoe threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Not a single person recommended Druid Tank! While I get the AE easy threat of a pala, a feral has AE agro and can hold TBC 5 man pulls .. Warrior now can Thunderclap in Defensive.
    Bear AOE threat is absolute dogshit. Easily the worst of the 3 tanks, especially for snap aoe threat (aka every 5-man pull). Unless you have 10-12 GCDs to stack Laverate on multiple mobs, you will not keep up with real AoE DPS. Swipe threat is abysmal in TBC. You also lose out on Blessing of Salvation unless you bring a Holy Paladin, which means your threat is even worse comparatively.

Threat is everything in TBC 5-mans.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2021-03-19 at 01:43 AM.

I tanked 5 man normal and heroic on my druid alt for fun. Zero issues at all! Your own heals ticking on you, to shout/swipe/thorns/taunt/stun/ you can even ranged damage them and charge.

You realize bear tanks where so broken OP, blizz had to add a debuff in SW so they could get hit!

Its been a while I'm sure I missed a thing or two on how to pull ..

Fastest clearing 5man group:

prot pala
    lock
    lock
    frost mage
    resto/ele shaman

This shows how meta slave the wow community is, assembling teams for content as easy as tbc dungs xd

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Primarily because they actually are difficult in entry-level gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that without raid gear.

I get the feeling that a lot of people here are remembering TBC mid-expansion and not pre-raid gear. Heroics were completely different depending on your gear level.
    Yeah, it's mind boggling that people are actually talking about using Warlock AoE to burst down multiple trash packs in heroic dungeons, especially ones like Shattered Halls. They best hope the tank can keep aggro while kiting everything and DPS doesn't go OOM.

I remember CC being nice to have, but with the way classic went im sure the meta will be AOE zerging everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank - Prot Pala
    Healer - Priest/Shaman
    DPS 1 - Hunter/Lock/Ele
    DPS 2 - Mage
    DPS 3 - Warlock

Spellcleave AOE will be crazy good once again like in SM/ZF runs.
    -K