Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's way too early to say as most of their scores are just full of spammers and bots.

Just from a sample on this forum and people I know it's obviously not really 97%. Let's not be silly here.
    The classic "I don't agree with the score, they must be bots" reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    No, it's the "If you take a sample of views from any discussion forum, social media, or any friends I know that have seen it then that score clearly isn't indicative of any reality" reasoning.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And you've been told multiple times that what you think doesn't matter. The fact that it lost the studio 60m during its original theatrical run makes it a bomb.
    And yet here we are in a thread where numerous people are giving their opinions on a movie. Like every other fucking thread in this forum. You have 5191 posts and none of it matters at all. Nothing here matters.

Furthermore, if its such a bomb why give more money to tinker with it? I don't see John Carter getting the same treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Name a single time when he went overbudget or wasted money.
    Justice League. Man of Steel. BvS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    400k people voted on JL Whedon. 40k gave a 10/10.
    40k people voted on JL Snyder. 18k gave a 10/10.

The fanboys have spoken. Lets give it a year to see what everyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Yes, and this version was far far better.
    Okay, we're back to disagreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, Gamespot gave it 3/10. 54% Metacritic score. General conclusion: Steppenwolf fleshed out much better but movie is still a mess. New characters bring nothing, CGI still abhorrent.
    The real conclusion: never listen to mainstream critics, they almost always get things wrong and half the time their reviews are paid to get that sweet 9/10 or 10/10.

On most such sites the critic score is usually the opposite of audience when it comes to bold or otherwise uncommon style movies.

Snyder Cut is literally fan service and several fans have already rated it higher than the original... overall consensus is that its better than the whedon version.
    It seems almost every critic is whining about how long the movie is despite being able to watch it home and pause at any given moment.

Ofc its fun to jump on the hatewagon too... people like to do whats popular and are easily swayed by their favorite content creators, even if what they say is lies the audience will buy it and spread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Do you read reviews to determine who to vote for as well? What clothes to wear? What job to get? What to eat? Does everything in life have to be spelled out for you? I really don't understand this behaviour. And to top it off, this way of thinking and acting leads to corruption due to reviews being bought.
    No.
    Uh..I don't think so, but based on my taste, probably should.
    No.
    Yes.
    No.

You say you don't understand my behavior even though I spelled out exactly why I do it. So maybe read my explanation and let me know what you don't understand about that and I'll do what I can to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Perfectly fine. But you are not reading critical reviews, per se. You are reading consumer reactions essentially. There is a whole cottage industry centered around this in the entertainment business.

As long as it is helpful or insightful to you, it's fine. What I was talking about was an incorrect or misunderstood purpose.
    I typically stop to read a few of the critical reviews when I'm researching a movie, probably mostly out of curiosity. Based on my experience of completely disagreeing with more critics than I agree with, it doesn't hold any sway. I think I'm just curious how they justify their position.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm just curious how they justify their position.
    This is the incorrect understanding on your part again. Critics don't have to justify their opinion. The language you use still seems to come from a default position of critical reviews being a consumer guide.That is not necessarily it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Snyder Cut is literally fan service and several fans have already rated it higher than the original... overall consensus is that its better than the whedon version.
    It seems almost every critic is whining about how long the movie is despite being able to watch it home and pause at any given moment.

Ofc its fun to jump on the hatewagon too... people like to do whats popular and are easily swayed by their favorite content creators, even if what they say is lies the audience will buy it and spread. :P
    If they feel they need to pause it for a while or can't sit through it all in one sitting that's already a fail.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Just got done watching the Snyder Cut and found it far more enjoyable to watch than the theatrical release.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The Snyder cut is better ... but way way too bloated.

There are entire scenes that aren't needed for the story they wanted to tell.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Watched almost 2 hours and this is still the same boring movie with plastic swords, bad actors, fake emotions and laughable villain. Flash’s costume and the whole lightning vfxes when time slows down are just trash.
    Last edited by Ethas; 2021-03-19 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    On most such sites the critic score is usually the opposite of audience when it comes to bold or otherwise uncommon style movies.
    Well, I hope you're not talking about this movie...because there's nothing "bold" or "uncommon" about it. If you've seen one big-budget Snyder flick, you've seen them all. Including this one.

I don't understand this notion that critics must agree with audiences, otherwise they're doing it wrong. It's not their job to predict how the audience is supposed to feel about a movie... Do music critics get the same flack for pointing out that X pop song of the month is yet another formulaic, soulless, autotuned, 4 chords, over-produced mess?

All that said, I think this will go down as a decent success. The extra scenes accomplished the goal of fleshing out the story and characters. The Steppenwolf and Dasaad/Darkseid stuff was actually somewhat interesting, whereas that character was pretty much pointless in the original release.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-19 at 03:11 AM.

I really enjoyed this movie, not perfect and def not the best thing ever, but it made me want to watch a 4 hour version of man of steel that prolly exists since the movie feels kinda rushed.

I don’t get how no one is talking about how the whole thing is in 4:3 format.

Like wtf, really? You’re going to showcase this to the world in an IMAX format, exclusively on a streaming service, even though you shot it in widescreen and force us to watch it with black bars covering 1/3 of the screen for seemingly no reason.

Just blows my mind.

It was very shit even as a background white noise, this is just longer shit, no?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

What a piece of shit that movie is.

Over long. Over wrought. Over serious.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was shot in the format you watched. The Whedon version actually put bars on the shots eliminating much of what was on the actual film. Hence the card at the beginning of the film stating as much...
    Weird that this article, with quotes from the DoP and director, say differently.

“The film wasn’t actually shot with IMAX cameras, nor was it originally framed for the boxy aspect ratio”

Furthermore, they actually state they went back and made the movie fit the 4:3 ratio for for the streaming version.

So not only was it NOT shot that way, they intentionally went back and made it fit the 4:3 ratio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...box-look-on-tv

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "It's better than the Theatrical Version!" Is something we all should agree with. Let's be united by that <3
    Absolutely agree. I’d put this at mid tier DC movie now, and I can honestly say Whedon made it worse, so I’ll eat that plate of crow as Snyder cut works on some fronts. I went in expecting to hate it, made an effort not to hate watch it, and I certainly didn’t hate it. I think if I’d not seen what seemed to be about half the movie already I may have even enjoyed it more. Moreso if every single action scene didn’t drag out 2-3x longer than it should.

Snyder just needs someone, some equal, to rein him in and we’d see some good shit out of him. I always compare him to Dan Akroyd, in that Akroyd is batshit crazy, but you pair him up and you can get some good stuff. Snyder just needs a buddy he can work with, and I honestly think he’d be great. On his own, well this movie is a great example, he just can’t control himself. He thinks a 4 hour film is ok? Give me a break.

If all Snyder had to do was take the established characters and tell a story, instead of introducing half the cast, he may have made a compelling film. If I were at the helm of the DCCU, I’d do solo films, introduce characters, NOT kill villains, and the let Snyder play with all the toys and put together 2-3 bombastic team ups with 1/3 of a large justice league, and end it with a massive free for all JL vs Legion of Doom, that ends up with them teaming up to fight Darkseid (yeah, it’s been done, but not live action!) He can pull that shit off. Just don’t let him try to do character development. Action action action. Last 30 minutes of endgame just for 2 solid hours.

Oh and for the love of God drop the damn desolate future shit. Save the cheerleader, I mean, Lois save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "It's better than the Theatrical Version!" Is something we all should agree with. Let's be united by that <3
    Its not. Its different than the theatrical version, but just as shitty.

Actually an argument can be made that it is worse, considering it didn't;t have the impossible task of another director jumping into it half through and trying to make a cogent movie narratively and tonally, like the theatrical one did. Snyder had time, resources and the ability to make it as long as he wanted...and it still ended up garbage.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its not. Its different than the theatrical version, but just as shitty..
    you can't rly say that, by all metrics the theatrical version was worse, just by having a better and more compelling character development and backstory for some of then already make this version better.

not saying one is shit and other is good, is a rabbit hole i don't want to enter, but this version is straight up better.