Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    We grind gear anyways because vault gear is one piece per week. That’s why valor popped out.

Even assuming you are always lucky with the vault, it will take 4 months to have all slots with a 220 piece and probably at least half of them won’t be bis either. In a more realistic scenario, by the time you are 220 a new season will pop out and you’ll have to enjoy the grinding again.
    Neither is M+ the only path to gearing up, nor do yo need to be 226 to beat all the content in the game. Playing the game for ilvl is the wrong reason. You're always going to chase that carrot. Items are a tool that help you achieve your goals. Get keystone master, get aotc, get cutting edge, reach gladiator, push your rio score higher, etc. Personal goals where you push yourself. Playing only for the sake of gear getting slightly better is just another form of doing chores.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I mean you can talk ideals and about should and shouldn't, but that doesn't change the fact that it is. If you are stuck at +10 for example, almost every week you'll be getting a pretty hefty upgrade that for me at least, has averaged out to about 1 overall ilvl increase a week. This helps u push past.
    Honestly, I don’t know dps/tank side but healer side being 205 or 210 does not seem THAT improvement to me. I am now 210 and I fail runs, being those +10 or 11-12, for the same reason I failed them at 205: low dps and/or ppl taking tons of damage constantly. If I have to wait the average joe dps to be 230 ilvl to struggle less in the 11-15 bracket I think I will wait forever XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Neither is M+ the only path to gearing up, nor do yo need to be 226 to beat all the content in the game. Playing the game for ilvl is the wrong reason. You're always going to chase that carrot. Items are a tool that help you achieve your goals. Get keystone master, get aotc, get cutting edge, reach gladiator, push your rio score higher, etc. Personal goals where you push yourself. Playing only for the sake of gear getting slightly better is just another form of doing chores.
    I don’t play for ilvl nor I do care that much about ilvl, I just love healing and I heal, but ilvl helps doing more difficult content, so it’s welcomed a LOT.

If you have 3k dps with 210 gear, the only way I can find a better you is you with 220 gear. The more ppl with higher gear, the more punishing content becomes easier, not because ppl improve but because gear makes their numbers improve nonetheless.

I main Mistweaver and since Shaman and Paladin are the "meta" healers right now, getting into +15s is near impossible. I've done exactly one +15 and we cleared it with 3 minutes remaining. But apparently having +14 clears on all dungeons isn't good enough for +15, no, you need to have a +17 clear and 1500 io to get into a +15

"dude just use your own key lmao"
    I've tried, multiple times. The only applicants I ever get are people with io even lower than mine. Nobody wants to join a +15 with a "low io" leader.

I'm stuck in a loop of "low io" -> no invites to +15s -> "low io". How the fuck am I supposed to increase my io if nobody will even give me a chance to try?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-03-18 at 05:10 PM.

Honestly, I don’t know dps/tank side but healer side being 205 or 210 does not seem THAT improvement to me. I am now 210 and I fail runs, being those +10 or 11-12, for the same reason I failed them at 205: low dps and/or ppl taking tons of damage constantly. If I have to wait the average joe dps to be 230 ilvl to struggle less in the 11-15 bracket I think I will wait forever XD
    For dps at least, it's a huge difference. Haste smooths out the rotation more. Hp gets added, vers increases a little, so more survivability there. And I don't have exact numbers but every 5 or 8 or so ilvl is like another 1k dps ST, and double or triple that for aoe. When I pop cds, especially on aoe, I can feel the difference im making on kill times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Personal goals where you push yourself. Playing only for the sake of gear getting slightly better is just another form of doing chores.
    Those are all the same thing though. Just the perception of what and why you are doing it is different. To you playing to get slightly better gear isn't something important. To others it might be of the same importance as keystone master, aotc, cutting edge, etc. Everything in the game is simply another form of doing chores. Because they are just tasks to reach whatever end goal.

A higher item level also makes all of what you consider worthy goals more of a possibility. And a lot of those goals are obtained as a side effect of pursuing the highest item level you can get in all slots. Best in slot is silly in modern wow in my opinion but some still strive for it. Best for what you do is a much healthier mind set given how far ranging gearing options are.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-18 at 05:29 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I main Mistweaver and since Shaman and Paladin are the "meta" healers right now, getting into +15s is near impossible. I've done exactly one +15 and we cleared it with 3 minutes remaining. But apparently having +14 clears on all dungeons isn't good enough for +15, no, you need to have a +17 clear and 1500 io to get into a +15

I've tried, multiple times. The only applicants I ever get are people with io even lower than mine. Nobody wants to join a +15 with a "low io" leader.

I'm stuck in a loop of "low io" -> no invites to +15s -> "low io". How the fuck am I supposed to increase my io if nobody will even give me a chance to try?
    Jizuz that feelsREALLYbadman.

Any chance to find at least one friendly tank with your rio to queue up with? I bet that with the couple healer/tank already formed find 3 dps won’t be that impossible.

I just can’t understand why not giving a chance to others’ keys, it’s not that you lose something if timer expires, it’s not your key.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-03-18 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope I didn't. My first 3 picks were:
    - feral druid
    - dps shaman
    - warrior
    Not one of these? Sorry.
    Warrior gets into M+ pretty easily though, and the thread is about classes, not about people who play the right class but can't even bother to learn their optimal specs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jizuz that feelsREALLYbadman.

Any chance to find at least one friendly tank with your rio to queue up with? I bet that with the couple healer/tank already formed find 3 dps won’t be that impossible.

I just can’t understand why not giving a chance to others’ keys, it’s not that you lose something if timer expires, it’s not your key.
    There is mostly likely a tank in his guild or a RL friend that will do 15s with him but that doesn't translate well into his crybaby bullshit on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    Its the fucking same with resto druid now, waste my whole time in game looking for groups, and said screw it and stopped playing in the end
    ilvl 213 rdruid here. 800 rio 10 days ago. Worked my way up to 1200 rio during last tyrannical week. Got invited left and right. 14-16 keys. It's really not that bad (my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    whyshould we ?

vault shoudl never be primary source of gearing

thats exacly what is wrong with current expansion
    Why is that wrong? every progression path that awards strong gear is on a weekly lockout or a cap, raids have weekly cap, pvp has conquest cap, m+ has valor cap plus vault, are you suggesting you need at this point in the season with all the dungeons in a wheelchair some kind of farmable and spamable source of 220+ gear? are you really suggesting this? xd thats called entitlement and thats exactly whats wrong with the community, using your own words.

the irony when SV hunters do insanely competitive dps in m+ this tier yet they are treated as complete trash solely because they are not ranged

people are honestly meta slave so bad - and then wonder why they dont finish dungeons in time even when they have boomy/fire mage in group.

you know why ? because your average boomy/fire mage who has now like 1k .io is most likely trash at his spec. he just rolled meta because everyone wants meta. even if he is very bad at playing it.

if he was good at it he would be like 1.6-2k by now.

ill give you example of my DoS 12 run i did and barely timed this week - you know why ? because 218 fire mage in group was doing not only lower dmg then my havoc (yes with expection of bosses but overall he was much lower) but also lower dmg on trash then my lol-spec 209 itlv frost mage . you know why ? solely because tank pulled only 1 pack at a time so he has no chance to do really good dps.

thats why i laugh at meta-specs in like 10-12 bracket that i run - they are usually sooo bad at their class :/ but they will be always picked first - because meta .

this is what annoys me in this game and with r.io.
    You had 2 toons in the run?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    Ehm, the VERY few sv hunters i have seen in m+ do insane amounts of dmg. Last one i ran with had 7,8k overall dps. They basically have same as havoc, fantastic aoe, mid-low st.
    Except unlike havoc they don’t provide the magic debuff

Unlike other hunter specs they are melee so have to deal with extra mechanics

People scream IO and meta are toxic but don’t realize that yeah while the meta classes aren’t needed and io doesn’t show everything it doesn’t mean I’m willing to risk bricking my keys because a stranger swears they know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    People scream IO and meta are toxic but don’t realize that yeah while the meta classes aren’t needed and io doesn’t show everything it doesn’t mean I’m willing to risk bricking my keys because a stranger swears they know what to do
    and once again we come back to the same core problem of m+

toxicity happens because of faulty system of getting into dungeons.

keys should never go -1 when not done in time.

then big part of problem would instant dissapear.

and once again we come back to the same core problem of m+

toxicity happens because of faulty system of getting into dungeons.

keys should never go -1 when not done in time.

then big part of problem would instant dissapear.
    Not so sure.

Yesterday evening I ran:
    - 1 PF 12: mage died 3 times before first boss and left mid 1st boss after dying a fourth time
    - 1 NW 12: group disbanded after 2 wipes between 1st and 2nd boss
    - 1 NW 12: good group, timed it with 7-8 total sporadic deaths.

Now, I would of course be happy if keys wouldn’t deplete, but I noticed that if you’re at 3/4 of the dungeon people will tend to stay regardless the timer while if someone sees there’s no hope to time it in the first half already, he will leave. I don’t think that no depletion will help THAT much, even if it would be a more than welcomed change.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-03-19 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thats great and im fucked up for the rest of the week >< Mistakes happen but the penalty is really overwhelming.
    The problem is you. Why are you fucked for the rest of the week? Couple weeks back we started on a 14, and we failed all the way down to a 12, later we got it to a 15 which was timed cause it was easy mist. It's not unusual to deplete some keys at start of week either to get used to affixes.

Why can't you grind your up and down like everyone else? Our groups of 3 dpsers have no tank, we pug it, and 2 in our groups are melee, so not meta either. On top of that, we're alliance.

What's your excuse? Only valid excuse I can think of is if you don't have any friends to play with. It's terrible to play a key with 4 strangers imo. You should get a guild, accept friends that adds you and play with someone you feel comfortable with.

- - - Updated - - -

the irony when SV hunters do insanely competitive dps in m+ this tier yet they are treated as complete trash solely because they are not ranged

people are honestly meta slave so bad - and then wonder why they dont finish dungeons in time even when they have boomy/fire mage in group.

you know why ? because your average boomy/fire mage who has now like 1k .io is most likely trash at his spec. he just rolled meta because everyone wants meta. even if he is very bad at playing it.

if he was good at it he would be like 1.6-2k by now.

ill give you example of my DoS 12 run i did and barely timed this week - you know why ? because 218 fire mage in group was doing not only lower dmg then my havoc (yes with expection of bosses but overall he was much lower) but also lower dmg on trash then my lol-spec 209 itlv frost mage . you know why ? solely because tank pulled only 1 pack at a time so he has no chance to do really good dps.

thats why i laugh at meta-specs in like 10-12 bracket that i run - they are usually sooo bad at their class :/ but they will be always picked first - because meta .

this is what annoys me in this game and with r.io.
    I've invited a feral (thought he was balance) and survival (thought he was mm), but I kept them, and holy shit they pumped so hard, and they pumped when they needed too.
    But some specs, such as balance, I want for their insane utility. Treants lets you pull a bigger pack, it gets you out of a wipe when we pull a dangerous pack and tard dps has no cds for it. But their dps ain't gonna shine untill 14/15 fortified.
    I also invited a 221 affliction lock to a 14 key this week, he did less than 4k overall... My affliction lock 208 did more than that, we had similar talents even. It's just a rollercoaster what you get, but as long as you don't die I have never had problem with timer.

About balance druids, I've found very few know how and when to use treants sadly. I don't think they even know you can pop treants in a way that makes mob face away from the group (sentinels, mistdancers in SD f.ex).

Hurray for Anecdotal evidence that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

So you think that someone should invite you when you have lower Rio than the guy who creates the group but you don't want to group with people who are lower than your rio?
    You are a part of the problem you suffer from

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So you think that someone should invite you when you have lower Rio than the guy who creates the group but you don't want to group with people who are lower than your rio?
    Simple solution:
    Delete Raider IO addon and judge the people you invite based on how they talk.

I gernally dont look at scores i take the following things into consideration in the priority as its listed.

#1 How fast do they respond to my whispers.
    #2 Itemlvl - a 199 ilvl player wont do as much dps as a 226 ilvl player..
    #3 Class and utility (Dont stack 3 Arcane Mages) ie. Bring atleast 1 Combat Ress, 1 Aoe Stun & 1 AoE slow - everything else doesnt matter in sub 20 keys.
    #4 Can they write and understand english. (i've done high keys with people who weren't good at english but they passed the 3 earlier steps.

Yes, you can find GOOD players at sub 1.5k Score no issues about that at fucking all.

They say blizzard is ruining the game, id say its the players.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    he is also proving how many of those "supposed hardcore" players in relaity want to have all content on lfr difficulty level and get carried by other while pretending how they do hardmodes.

he doesnt want to be presented with chalenge - he wants guaranteed win and flawless easy run .

aka lfr difficulty level .

this is the sad reality of people who are most toxic elitest in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Simple solution:
    Delete Raider IO addon and judge the people you invite based on how they talk.

I gernally dont look at scores i take the following things into consideration in the priority as its listed.

#1 How fast do they respond to my whispers.
    #2 Itemlvl - a 199 ilvl player wont do as much dps as a 226 ilvl player..
    #3 Class and utility (Dont stack 3 Arcane Mages) ie. Bring atleast 1 Combat Ress, 1 Aoe Stun & 1 AoE slow - everything else doesnt matter in sub 20 keys.
    #4 Can they write and understand english. (i've done high keys with people who weren't good at english but they passed the 3 earlier steps.

Yes, you can find GOOD players at sub 1.5k Score no issues about that at fucking all.
    Deleting rio would have a big impact on keys below 10, at least this season, because you can reach ilvl 200 without setting foot in M+ and at that point you will have to directly try M10 if you want upgrades from dungeon loot.

I don’t mind ilvl that much but we HAVE to have a sort of something that tells us at least how many M+ in a range of levels the applier completed, keys deplete if timer expires and there’s no chance an ilvl 200 player can survive an M+ above 3 if he never set foot in M+ at all.