Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a prediction.
    Predictions are based on something though lol. I can think of maybe one or two posters but they've had wavering beliefs for ages and caught out in lies.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    wtf are you even asking for
    Can you not simply go back and read the post to get an understanding?

"Predictions are based on something read as have a reasoning" I'm asking what's the reasoning based on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a prediction.
    I got it from my cat, Mr. Nibbles. He's also predicted the last two World Cup winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I got it from my cat, Mr. Nibbles. He's also predicted the last two World Cup winners.
    Damn cat ate my winning lottery ticket...

...okay, no one else believed me either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Damn cat ate my winning lottery ticket...

...okay, no one else believed me either.
    He also purred, "anti war posters are predictable, because they all copypasta the same work from some underpaid guy at the Internet Research Agency."

Somebody is getting tuna tonight!

Somebody is getting tuna tonight!
    Give him/her(?) a scrootch between the ears for me.

republicans simping for china and russia today on right wing social media

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    what proof have you of this?
    I think the various “posted ten times more criticizing Biden for his ‘hawkish’ rhetoric in the few months of this thread’s existence than they ever posted, period, in the four years of Trump threads” people that skulk around this forum alone would be evidence of their existence.

Ditto the “Hillary/Syria” people harping the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    republicans simping for china and russia today on right wing social media
    They should just move there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

There's a lot of Venn overlap with "Dirtbag Left" Stars FLirting with the Far Right. Or Can Wealthy Elites Buy populism?.

All of them express a lot of support for Putin.
    • They love authoritarian Daddies'. They imagine these figures will wave a wand and wipe out their enemies, or their student debt.
    • Their policies are dumb and unpopular, they basically need Putin to prop up their political campaigns.
    • It's a natural alliance for bigotry and misogamy.

Unpopular truths that make MMOC uncomfortable.
    100% true the putin love is about race too. they love that russia is a modern day aparthaid for none russians

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think the various “posted ten times more criticizing Biden for his ‘hawkish’ rhetoric in the few months of this thread’s existence than they ever posted, period, in the four years of Trump threads” people that skulk around this forum alone would be evidence of their existence.

Ditto the “Hillary/Syria” people harping the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

They should just move there.
    Pre-Trump ... there was a genre of articles of DudeBros moving to Shanghai or Moscow for improved economic reasons and opportunity. Some correlation that these articles went down when an incompetent white guy got elected.

Not to be confused with the very loud Putin simping by Steven Segal or Gerard Depardieu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Trump ... there was a genre of articles of DudeBros moving to Shanghai or Moscow for improved economic reasons and opportunity. Some correlation that these articles went down when an incompetent white guy got elected.

Not to be confused with the very loud Putin simping by Steven Segal or Gerard Depardieu.
    Well by all means let them continue.

Because boy if they don’t like being “silenced” on social media in the United States, I can’t wait to hear them talk about the sort of treatment they can expect on the matter in China and Russia.

Oh wait, I won’t hear it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you not simply go back and read the post to get an understanding?

"Predictions are based on something read as have a reasoning" I'm asking what's the reasoning based on.
    Are you saying you didn't know Trump shredded the Iran deal and was praised for it by his followers?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    what proof have you of this?
    the ‘at least Trump didn’t start any wars’ that permeates a large part of the left, that seem to ignore Trump leaving a peace treaty and increasing droning. That’s not even going into his rhetoric... but, somehow, people who failed to be against war on the left, wre still talking about WW3 Hillary would have caused with a no fly zone.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Calling it. Biden putting sanctions on Russia is going to cause ten thousand times more outtrage from 'anti-war' online commentorz than Trump shredding the Iran deal and exploding one of their senior officials did.
    I call bullshit.

For better or worse sanctioning Russia and having frosty relations with Putin has broad appeal across the American political spectrum. Meanwhile Trump shredding the Iran deal was viewed as a foolish move, even by some of Iran's strongest critics.

There is frustration with Biden's foreign policy, from a certain portion of liberals who are deluded in thinking they might be able to turn back to the clock to where it was before 2001 and from certain people like Ben Rhodes who's angry that Biden doesn't care to bend over on Iran and concern due to people like Victoria Nuland joining the State Department again but the reality is that what Biden is doing in foreign policy, hell even what Trump was doing ( no matter how reckless it might have seem in some areas ) is a natural conclusion given the state of the world today.

Relations between the US-Iran, US-China, US-Russia and US-North Korea are highly unlikely to get better, in fact they are going to get worse. Biden would for instance love nothing more then to negotiate with Kim Jong-Un but North Korea doesn't care, because they are not willing to give up what the US, under any president, wants.

China is set to increase it's global power. Iran is controlled by hard liners and Russia? Russia is the ultimate expression of twenty years of foreign policy failures, though it's too late to fix that now: Maybe in 2012 there was a chance, but not today.

If there's any major criticism with Biden's foreign policy is that he is unlikely to move the needle in any way. Trump did: North Korea, Iran, Israel-Arab accords etc. for better or worse. Keeping the current status quo isn't horrible but there are issues that need to be resolved.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-03-19 at 04:38 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I call bullshit.

For better or worse sanctioning Russia and having frosty relations with Putin has broad appeal across the American political spectrum. Meanwhile Trump shredding the Iran deal was viewed as a foolish move, even by some of Iran's strongest critics.
    Bullshit to you too, GOP pundits are already hard at work spinning this as a terrible thing and how unfairly Biden is treating Daddy Putin.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    the ‘at least Trump didn’t start any wars’ that permeates a large part of the left, that seem to ignore Trump leaving a peace treaty and increasing droning. That’s not even going into his rhetoric... but, somehow, people who failed to be against war on the left, wre still talking about WW3 Hillary would have caused with a no fly zone.
    Trump surely tried to start them, or did things that very easily could have led to them.

And what is this "large part of the left"??? like do you see like 1-2 people who claim to be leftists and then decide "large part!"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Do you not remember Trump destroying the Iran deal? Do you really require somebody to post a new link for you to acknowledge it?
    I don't think you know what my question is...

the post:
    Biden putting sanctions on Russia is going to cause ten thousand times more outtrage from 'anti-war' online commentorz than Trump shredding the Iran deal and exploding one of their senior officials did.
    My question:

What proof have you that anti-war online commentators that took issue with Trump are going to take "bigger" issue with Biden's sanctions?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Bullshit to you too, GOP pundits are already hard at work spinning this as a terrible thing and how unfairly Biden is treating Daddy Putin.

Try again.

Sure, provide a single link to this.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    I call bullshit.

There is frustration with Biden's foreign policy, from a certain portion of liberals who are deluded in thinking they might be able to turn back to the clock to where it was before 2001 and from certain people like Ben Rhodes who's angry that Biden doesn't care to bend over on Iran and concern due to people like Victoria Nuland joining the State Department again but the reality is that what Biden is doing in foreign policy, hell even what Trump was doing ( no matter how reckless it might have seem in some areas ) is a natural conclusion given the state of the world today.

Relations between the US-Iran, US-China, US-Russia and US-North Korea are highly unlikely to get better, in fact they are going to get worse. Biden would for instance love nothing more then to negotiate with Kim Jong-Un but North Korea doesn't care, because they are not willing to give up what the US, under any president, wants.

China is set to increase it's global power. Iran is controlled by hard liners and Russia? Russia is the ultimate expression of twenty years of foreign policy failures, though it's too late to fix that now: Maybe in 2012 there was a chance, but not today.

If there's any major criticism with Biden's foreign policy is that he is unlikely to move the needle in any way. Trump did: North Korea, Iran, Israel-Arab accords etc. for better or worse. Keeping the current status quo isn't horrible but there are issues that need to be resolved.
    The past four years prove you wrong. Your premise relies on willfully ignoring GOP bad faith. And arguing against an imaginary version of Biden.
    BAsically the same few posters keep ripping of the Glenn Greenwald show.

The GOP is still in bed witth Putin. My second point, they need him to prop up their unpopular policies and culture war.

Hmm...yeah, lets differentiate the GOP from the Trump idolaters; Biden confronts Russia — and Republicans are listening

“Maybe Biden’s approach will serve us better," said one GOP senator.

Congressional Republicans quietly grumbled for four years that former President Donald Trump’s passive rhetoric about Russia didn’t match the severity of his administration’s actions targeting the Kremlin.

Now, President Joe Biden’s more aggressive public posture toward Vladimir Putin is begrudgingly refreshing for Republicans — and it’s something they wish they saw from Trump.

The shift is a welcome development on the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, where lawmakers were consumed with scandals and investigations about Trump’s relationship with Moscow. And it underscored Biden’s efforts to keep Russia at bay, neither mending nor further inflaming the relationship between the two countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, provide a single link to this.
    Here's a link from @UnifiedDivide from earlier in the thread with multiple examples

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...09898300854285

I can't wait for you to tell me how they're totally not siding with Russia.
    For context, since I know you sometimes have trouble with it, the debate challenge is a response to Biden calling Putin a killer.